Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday 16:33 - Feb 16 with 11229 viewsDarran

One of the Danes mentioned Laudrup will be speaking on Tuesday,I wonder what he's going to say?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:36 - Feb 16 with 5157 viewsgibs0n

According to the Danish papers, then he would like to tell what happened from his point of view. His brother in law said that he never went to Paris for two days.

I think he will say that he was never told why he was fired. I think he will not say anything bad about Swansea or people close to Swansea. It would not be his style to diss anyone.

However, Swansea moved on, and so will ML. But interesting to hear his story anyway :-)
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:37 - Feb 16 with 5148 viewsDr_Winston

Don't know, but Spratty and the Danes will be telling us all about how hard done by he was in tedious detail for a day or two after.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:37 - Feb 16 with 5146 viewsDarran

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:36 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

According to the Danish papers, then he would like to tell what happened from his point of view. His brother in law said that he never went to Paris for two days.

I think he will say that he was never told why he was fired. I think he will not say anything bad about Swansea or people close to Swansea. It would not be his style to diss anyone.

However, Swansea moved on, and so will ML. But interesting to hear his story anyway :-)

Indeed Gibsy,wheres it going to be?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:38 - Feb 16 with 5131 viewsgibs0n

They wrote the "interview" will be held in London
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:40 - Feb 16 with 5114 viewsDarran

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:38 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

They wrote the "interview" will be held in London

Thank you keep us informed.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:57 - Feb 16 with 5020 views2face

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:37 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

Don't know, but Spratty and the Danes will be telling us all about how hard done by he was in tedious detail for a day or two after.

I won't.

I don't care if he was hard done by. He's a big boy and can handle it.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:58 - Feb 16 with 5011 viewsgibs0n

"Thank you keep us informed."

Anytime ;-)

I personally think Huw found ML's style a little too laissez-faire, and was at the same time afraid that Swansea could relegate. That is a valid argument, and I do not really disagree with it. I do not think Swansea would have been relegated, but why take the chance :-)

I just think all this could have had a better ending if Huw has been crystal clear about why he sacked ML, and what happened. We can only guess why Huw has handled the case this way. Maybe he is not very used to sack managers and then do media "damage-control" or maybe he (just like ML) was advised not to tell much because the "lawyers" would try to figure out how get/save most money from this divorce.

ML clearly wants to try to keep his reputation as good as possible. I think he wants to be a manager again, so he would not like to be stigmatized as "very soft" and "do not really care". Which is understandable as well.

In Rodgers Swansea had a manager who went out bowling with the families of the players, and who where much more passionated in an outgoing way. Just like Monk is. I think this manager-style suits Swansea better, and for the same reason I trust in Monk. Monk has seen some different styles under Souza, Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. If he manage to incorporate the best from all of them, together with his passion for Swansea, then I believe it can be really successful over time.

...If not, then we know Huw act fast :-)
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 17:01]
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:01 - Feb 16 with 4980 viewsSwanfan1

I understand if Huw Jenkins needed a breath of fresh air and a change in management style. but the rubbish reports coming out after Laudrup´s sacking was really disgusting as Huw himself said it was in poor taste and not really deserving.

I hope ML just goes the highway, says he enjoyed his experience at Swansea and that he wishes them the best in the future, there is no reason to go back and forth.
perhaps he can rubbish the reports from some cardiff journos who wanted to see Swansea fail from the start.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Login to get fewer ads

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:02 - Feb 16 with 4979 viewsDarran

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:58 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

"Thank you keep us informed."

Anytime ;-)

I personally think Huw found ML's style a little too laissez-faire, and was at the same time afraid that Swansea could relegate. That is a valid argument, and I do not really disagree with it. I do not think Swansea would have been relegated, but why take the chance :-)

I just think all this could have had a better ending if Huw has been crystal clear about why he sacked ML, and what happened. We can only guess why Huw has handled the case this way. Maybe he is not very used to sack managers and then do media "damage-control" or maybe he (just like ML) was advised not to tell much because the "lawyers" would try to figure out how get/save most money from this divorce.

ML clearly wants to try to keep his reputation as good as possible. I think he wants to be a manager again, so he would not like to be stigmatized as "very soft" and "do not really care". Which is understandable as well.

In Rodgers Swansea had a manager who went out bowling with the families of the players, and who where much more passionated in an outgoing way. Just like Monk is. I think this manager-style suits Swansea better, and for the same reason I trust in Monk. Monk has seen some different styles under Souza, Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. If he manage to incorporate the best from all of them, together with his passion for Swansea, then I believe it can be really successful over time.

...If not, then we know Huw act fast :-)
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 17:01]

I agree,I don't think Michael was really a people person.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:09 - Feb 16 with 4938 viewsymaohyd

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:02 - Feb 16 by Darran

I agree,I don't think Michael was really a people person.

He certainly wasn't.

Good luck to him. I did post a few weeks ago that I hoped it would all end amicably then it all kicked off last week.

I think ML, even the huge personality that he is in football, needs to keep his name in the papers for his managerial career.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:13 - Feb 16 with 4916 viewsDarran

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:09 - Feb 16 by ymaohyd

He certainly wasn't.

Good luck to him. I did post a few weeks ago that I hoped it would all end amicably then it all kicked off last week.

I think ML, even the huge personality that he is in football, needs to keep his name in the papers for his managerial career.

Well I got slaughtered for saying it but I know for a fact he didn't do interacting.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:22 - Feb 16 with 4868 viewsgibs0n

In Spain ML just need to show up in an airport and then all the bigger spanish media are speculating. His name is much bigger in Spain than in UK. So I do not believe this is a media stunt. It would be a better media stunt to get the papers speculating in a new job position, than about why he was sacked. I think he feels the situation has been a little unfair. Not the words coming from Swansea, but the words written about him in the papers recently. From the danish papers, he is quoted to say:

"The League Manager Association advised me to not talk about the case, but now it's 11-12 days ago and even though there is still no clarification, then I feel its time for me to comment the situation"
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 17:24]
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:24 - Feb 16 with 4858 viewsShaky

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:13 - Feb 16 by Darran

Well I got slaughtered for saying it but I know for a fact he didn't do interacting.

He just didn't *sob* didn't understand the way it should be.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:25 - Feb 16 with 4849 viewsymaohyd

I know. You were right.

The previous poster was right about the style of manager that suits the Swans.

I all fairness to ML he did say early on in his Swans career that whereas some managers might concern themselves with the colour of paint in the dressing room, he would focus solely on the first team.

That's fair enough, but when you make yourself inaccessible to even the first team that's a bit worrying.

Good luck to him, I'm glad he's gone though.

When Garry Monk drives up to the new training complex in Fairwood and he looks around, he knows that he has been a huge factor in establishing that. Those blocks he put in against Reading, when Reading very nearly came back to 3 all, were huge. He gave that extra 5 % which is what we as a club and him as a person are all about.

I get much more as a Swans fan in having someone like that in charge than someone (i'm not saying didn't care) who is dispassionate about the whole thing.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:37 - Feb 16 with 4791 viewsmonmouth

Neither did his mentor.

In the end the tactics and culture was not what we wanted. Don't really understand why both parties simply can't move on, like a no fault divorce. It worked once, everyone benefitted, now it's irreconcilable differences.

Agree the alimony, shut the f**k up and move on.

Some of the kids will never accept that daddy or mummy wasn't to blame of couse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:51 - Feb 16 with 4723 viewsgibs0n

"Agree the alimony, shut the f**k up and move on."

Agree!
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:56 - Feb 16 with 4692 viewswaynekerr55

Unless it was time for first pick for the teams at the end of training...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:57 - Feb 16 with 4679 viewsLeonisGod

But some don't. That in itself is not necessarily a problem. Cloughy barely saw his players let alone spoke to them. He didn't have a bad track record.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 16 with 4654 viewsgibs0n

Different clubs needs different styles. I can not imagine the Rodgers style would be very successful handling the Galácticos :-D

Swansea scouted ML right when it comes the the style/vision of playing. But maybe failed when it comes to the style of managing. I think this sum up why it didn't work out for more than 1.5 season.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 18:04]
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:12 - Feb 16 with 4606 viewsSwanfan1

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

Different clubs needs different styles. I can not imagine the Rodgers style would be very successful handling the Galácticos :-D

Swansea scouted ML right when it comes the the style/vision of playing. But maybe failed when it comes to the style of managing. I think this sum up why it didn't work out for more than 1.5 season.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 18:04]

couldnt agree with you more.

I also think ML´s man management suits bigger teams with "star-players" who all are top professional like Ronaldo and motivate themselves for the games,

I think if you as a manager have been "top-player" in the past and have only seen big clubs, you can fail to connect with smaller club environment with the togetherness and the social interaction.

I seen a documentary on Laudrup, when he switched clubs from Barcelona to Real Madrid, he was hiding in the trunk of a car as furious fans gathered around the car, he probably is too much isolated to be the kind of manager that goes out bowling with the players.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 18:13]

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:14 - Feb 16 with 4583 viewswaynekerr55

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:57 - Feb 16 by LeonisGod

But some don't. That in itself is not necessarily a problem. Cloughy barely saw his players let alone spoke to them. He didn't have a bad track record.

Well when I was on a course a few years back Stuart Pearce said Clough was by far the best man manager he had. Said he'd leave you alone if you made a mistake but kept on at you to keep your feet on the ground
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 18:14]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:17 - Feb 16 with 4563 viewsmonmouth

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:14 - Feb 16 by waynekerr55

Well when I was on a course a few years back Stuart Pearce said Clough was by far the best man manager he had. Said he'd leave you alone if you made a mistake but kept on at you to keep your feet on the ground
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 18:14]

His players also threatened to strike when he was sacked from Derby too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:26 - Feb 16 with 4510 viewsSpratty

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:37 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

Ouch - that's what you call a factual counter argument?

Smacks of a lost argument to me
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:28 - Feb 16 with 4493 viewsJackfath

I think, in all seriousness, Laudrup has some autistic tendencies.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:28 - Feb 16 with 4489 viewsSpratty

Now that's award winning tedium especially when your FACTs have been disproved
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024