Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison to leave 11:03 - May 2 with 946 viewsFruitbat

Will hardly come as a surprise to anyone. 4 goals in 70 games really doesn't cut it and probably a pretty high wage off the books. Came across as a pretty decent bloke so good luck to him.
Morrison to leave on 12:39 - May 2 with 931 viewsDaniel

Great news. He's one of the worst signings in our recent history. That's not meant as in he's not talented, he is, but we should not have signed him - he had nothing to offer to our style of play.

I wish him all the best. He's a great character and respected the fans.
Morrison to leave on 13:09 - May 2 with 927 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I like Clinton, both as a player and as a person. I think he's carried himself really well in his time here and he seems to have a lot of good things to say about the club. What does baffle me somewhat though is how he hasn't scored more goals. Do we not suit his style of play? Has his game adapted so that he's not a goalscorer any more? This is a guy who has been pretty prolific for most his career but have the goals just dried up? I wish him well wherever he ends up but I do wonder whether he'll ever be a regular goalscorer again.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Morrison to leave on 15:38 - May 2 with 912 viewsnoah4x4

Somebody was moaning to me after the Brentford game that the U's rarely seem get any penalties; and how good it was to see Sears convert one. My response was that to get a penalty (other than for handball) we must have to have a player in the 18 yard box, and there lies the problem.

To me that sums up Morrison's stay at WHCS. Too slow to get into the box and rarely on the end of anything - except the referee's pencil and a yellow card. Third worst signing of all time (IMHO) after Teddy Sheringham. The second was that bloke from Scotland whose names escapes me; but didn't stay a month (Jerome Hamilton or something?).
[Post edited 2 May 2014 15:40]
Morrison to leave on 17:07 - May 2 with 896 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Morrison to leave on 15:38 - May 2 by noah4x4

Somebody was moaning to me after the Brentford game that the U's rarely seem get any penalties; and how good it was to see Sears convert one. My response was that to get a penalty (other than for handball) we must have to have a player in the 18 yard box, and there lies the problem.

To me that sums up Morrison's stay at WHCS. Too slow to get into the box and rarely on the end of anything - except the referee's pencil and a yellow card. Third worst signing of all time (IMHO) after Teddy Sheringham. The second was that bloke from Scotland whose names escapes me; but didn't stay a month (Jerome Hamilton or something?).
[Post edited 2 May 2014 15:40]

Do you mean Joel Thomas Noah? He was a dire signing. Currently playing for Dinamo Bucharest bizarrely!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Morrison to leave on 17:16 - May 2 with 894 viewsbwildered

Never worked out for either party. But never has had a bad word for the club, despite the circumstances ,so wish him well .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Morrison to leave on 17:19 - May 2 with 894 viewsdavey_ravey_snr

Seems like a nice bloke, but good riddance I say.

I'll never forget when we were playing away to Doncaster or someone like that, when at half time he came into the concourse to say hello to his wife and kids! What sort of pro footballer does that? Clearly he wasn't interested.

He had a great career that relied on pace. Unfortunately by the time he got to us he had the turning circle of an oil tanker and the pace of an old cart horse. How he thinks he'll play for another 2 or 3 seasons is beyond me. Perhaps he'll end up at Witham Town or a similar level.
Morrison to leave on 18:15 - May 2 with 886 viewsbwildered

Joel Thomas - Noah

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Morrison to leave on 19:46 - May 2 with 875 viewswessex_exile

Morrison to leave on 17:19 - May 2 by davey_ravey_snr

Seems like a nice bloke, but good riddance I say.

I'll never forget when we were playing away to Doncaster or someone like that, when at half time he came into the concourse to say hello to his wife and kids! What sort of pro footballer does that? Clearly he wasn't interested.

He had a great career that relied on pace. Unfortunately by the time he got to us he had the turning circle of an oil tanker and the pace of an old cart horse. How he thinks he'll play for another 2 or 3 seasons is beyond me. Perhaps he'll end up at Witham Town or a similar level.

I was at that game Davey - though it couldn't have been at Doncaster (unless he made a habit of it at many games?) and I actually thought that was a nice touch - having a bit of family time mingling with the U's faithful? Bit like when he and a couple of others joined the fans in the stand at Carlisle last season.

He was probably on a lot of money, and as a striker absolutely didn't deliver on the pitch (notwithstanding the job he was being asked to do compared to his natural game), so whilst I'm neither surprised not too disappointed he'll be moving one, I am grateful for the effort and commitment he always showed when he crossed the white line...and indeed his oft-reported contribution in the dressing room and on the training pitch. I wish him no ill-will whatsoever, only my thanks, very best wishes, and hope that he goes on to play another season or two in what has been (to be fair) a pretty distinguished career.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Morrison to leave on 20:14 - May 2 with 871 viewsmfb_cufc

Morrison to leave on 12:39 - May 2 by Daniel

Great news. He's one of the worst signings in our recent history. That's not meant as in he's not talented, he is, but we should not have signed him - he had nothing to offer to our style of play.

I wish him all the best. He's a great character and respected the fans.

Spot on Daniel, and his wages were probably the biggest at the club as well.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024