Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big screens 17:45 - Aug 2 with 6475 viewsSweyns_Eye

Down by the stadium earlier, I had a gawk through the corner gates in the south.

No sign of the big screens or any construction in the north to hold them.

What's going on? Days left till the start of the season! Questions must be asked! Cue panic and anguish now!!!

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

The big screens on 17:47 - Aug 2 with 3690 viewsJBT95

Why don't we have headsets for in-game commentary too?

No need for them.
The big screens on 17:51 - Aug 2 with 3647 viewsJackoBoostardo

Don't start! You'll have Plazex here now talking about conspiracies and stuff!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The big screens on 17:53 - Aug 2 with 3625 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 17:47 - Aug 2 by JBT95

Why don't we have headsets for in-game commentary too?

No need for them.

I agree.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The big screens on 17:56 - Aug 2 with 3598 viewsjackharris

Plazex doesn't take his eye off the webcam, as soon as they are fitted the thread will appear!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The big screens on 17:56 - Aug 2 with 3591 viewsJackoBoostardo

The big screens on 17:53 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

I agree.

Does bring in increased revenue from ads! Not a bad thing is it?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The big screens on 17:58 - Aug 2 with 3576 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 17:53 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

I agree.

Disagree there's plenty need for them. At 45 quid a seat it will be nice to know who a substitution is or other important announcements. May also improve the shocking half time entertainment with some highlights of previous games and other bits and pieces.
The big screens on 18:00 - Aug 2 with 3559 viewsjackharris

The big screens on 17:56 - Aug 2 by JackoBoostardo

Does bring in increased revenue from ads! Not a bad thing is it?

Exactly, I will be able to actually see the new ones from my seat in the North West and see the match clock and score. Before the game the team line ups will be shown. Half-time features,etc

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The big screens on 18:07 - Aug 2 with 3503 viewsJBT95

The big screens on 17:58 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Disagree there's plenty need for them. At 45 quid a seat it will be nice to know who a substitution is or other important announcements. May also improve the shocking half time entertainment with some highlights of previous games and other bits and pieces.

There's none at Old Trafford or Anfield where ticket prices are more expensive generally than at the Liberty.

If you are deaf I am sorry, but other than that you should be able to hear the announcements made. The program contains squads and numbers so refer to that if you are that bothered about players.

Half time entertainment doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Login to get fewer ads

The big screens on 18:16 - Aug 2 with 3437 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 18:07 - Aug 2 by JBT95

There's none at Old Trafford or Anfield where ticket prices are more expensive generally than at the Liberty.

If you are deaf I am sorry, but other than that you should be able to hear the announcements made. The program contains squads and numbers so refer to that if you are that bothered about players.

Good for you. I spend enough so don't buy a programme and despite having hearing difficulties happen to think I am not alone in the ground who cant actually hear a word. Be nice to see some of the 100s of millions we have earned spent on ordinary fans to improve the matchday experience.
The big screens on 18:17 - Aug 2 with 3435 viewsjackharris

The big screens on 18:07 - Aug 2 by JBT95

Nobody can hear the bloody announcements at the Liberty. What the f*ck have Man U and Liverpool got to do with us having screens.

The big screens on 18:21 - Aug 2 with 3406 viewsJBT95

The big screens on 18:17 - Aug 2 by jackharris

Nobody can hear the bloody announcements at the Liberty. What the f*ck have Man U and Liverpool got to do with us having screens.

Because we charge £45 for Cat A games does not mean need a big screen. Couldn't care less, I'm there to watch a live game of football not look at people waving at a screen.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 18:22]
The big screens on 18:24 - Aug 2 with 3391 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 18:21 - Aug 2 by JBT95

Because we charge £45 for Cat A games does not mean need a big screen. Couldn't care less, I'm there to watch a live game of football not look at people waving at a screen.

Really I go to get fashion tips off dazzer and old jack what a novel approach you take.
The big screens on 18:26 - Aug 2 with 3378 viewsjackharris

The big screens on 18:21 - Aug 2 by JBT95

Am I right in saying you sometimes work at the Millennium Stadium JBT95. When I go there I don't watch the screen, unless because of distance I can't see if the ball has stayed in play, etc. They will be self financing anyway. They are not going to be put in for me to get my popcorn out and stare at them for 90 minutes.

The big screens on 18:29 - Aug 2 with 3353 viewsJBT95

The big screens on 18:26 - Aug 2 by jackharris

Am I right in saying you sometimes work at the Millennium Stadium JBT95. When I go there I don't watch the screen, unless because of distance I can't see if the ball has stayed in play, etc. They will be self financing anyway. They are not going to be put in for me to get my popcorn out and stare at them for 90 minutes.

Yes I work at the Millennium and have been a spectator there many times.

The screens have added little to my experience at any stadium, especially as they can not show anything other than goals it seems.

What's the point of having them if nobody is going to look at them!
The big screens on 18:39 - Aug 2 with 3302 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 18:29 - Aug 2 by JBT95

Yes I work at the Millennium and have been a spectator there many times.

The screens have added little to my experience at any stadium, especially as they can not show anything other than goals it seems.

What's the point of having them if nobody is going to look at them!

Staggered by that. Found the screens at the mill stad a great benefit. Especially if sat in some of the poorer seats. And whats wrong in seeing a reply of a great goal there and then? Lets agree to differ
The big screens on 18:40 - Aug 2 with 3291 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 17:58 - Aug 2 by jackforever

How the f*ck did we get by 'til now?

The big screens on 18:42 - Aug 2 with 3271 viewsNeath_Jack

We definitely need big screens. I'm staggered that we managed to stay up without them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The big screens on 18:43 - Aug 2 with 3263 viewsTheFranchise

Imagine the size on the coin meter on the big screens we're having.
The big screens on 18:51 - Aug 2 with 3205 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 18:40 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

How the f*ck did we get by 'til now?

Same could be said for all sorts of changes. How did we get buy without bucket seats, electronic subs boards, twitter updates, live feeds, electronic advertising boards non are essential but all add something. Feck me what is wrong with people. Not everything in life has to be essential but if adds to customer experience whats the problem. Helps reduce the tax bill and creates revenue. No fecking brainer mun. Sure somebody will come up with a negative but I cant for the life of me. Maybe some don't like change.
The big screens on 18:59 - Aug 2 with 3169 viewsRancid

These screens are critical to our entire existence and without them I fear a stadium of no 'big screens'.They have to be 'big'.
The big screens on 19:01 - Aug 2 with 3153 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 18:59 - Aug 2 by Rancid

These screens are critical to our entire existence and without them I fear a stadium of no 'big screens'.They have to be 'big'.

Im staggered you believe that. strange. Sure most people just think they will add to the matchday experience nothing more mind.
The big screens on 19:05 - Aug 2 with 3135 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hardly essential but we have been advertising space on them so we could be up the creek if they are not available on time.
Personally I hope they are big, brash and a huge success.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The big screens on 19:06 - Aug 2 with 3128 viewsRancid

The big screens on 19:01 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Im staggered you believe that. strange. Sure most people just think they will add to the matchday experience nothing more mind.

I'm not sure but i think my post has gone clean over your head.
The big screens on 19:07 - Aug 2 with 3118 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 18:51 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Same could be said for all sorts of changes. How did we get buy without bucket seats, electronic subs boards, twitter updates, live feeds, electronic advertising boards non are essential but all add something. Feck me what is wrong with people. Not everything in life has to be essential but if adds to customer experience whats the problem. Helps reduce the tax bill and creates revenue. No fecking brainer mun. Sure somebody will come up with a negative but I cant for the life of me. Maybe some don't like change.

" Helps reduce the tax bill and creates revenue."

What a massive steaming pile of horseshit. When you increase your revenue you pay more tax you f*cking bulb. What's the point of using it to increase your revenue if your hoping to turn it into a loss to reduce tax? I can't believe some of the sh!t I read on here sometimes.

*edit to add: So what if some of us are stuck in the dark ages - it's not all about money either, some of us just enjoy the football. I enjoyed it down the Vetch when we were skint and the football was sh!te and if those times came again I'd still go and no doubt enjoy it all the same. Modern football fans are the equivalent of 80's new money yuppies.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 19:10]

The big screens on 19:07 - Aug 2 with 3113 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 19:06 - Aug 2 by Rancid

I'm not sure but i think my post has gone clean over your head.

Not the brightest are you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024