Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Noah is boss 12:34 - Jan 4 with 1599 viewsjonestones

I would just like to say thank you to noah.

I am a regular visitor to the forum. Although i used to respond to a lot of threads when i first joined years ago, i now only read and leave. Noah's match reports are one of the reasons why i still regularly pop in. A great read. Gold star from me noah!

Regards,

JT
Noah is boss on 15:00 - Jan 4 with 1580 viewsBluenWightExile

Hear hear to that.
Exiled as I am I rely on Noah and Durham and Wessex !
Unsung but now sung heroes all!

Pinault-noir

Noah is boss on 15:50 - Jan 5 with 1539 viewsnoah4x4

Never had a 'gold star' before. Thanks

I've not done many full match reports recently, as a proper (trainee) journalist wanted to take over, then vanished, but I guess he is now writing about Ipswich. I am following the U's home and away for much of the season except for Fleetwood when I will be at Base Camp Everest (hopefully then looking up at a far bigger hill than the U's must climb) so will do more reports if that's what a majority of boarders want.

So I will be back with a positive spin on 'Posh' - win or lose!

Er.....Is there a "fire drill" out of here......?
Noah is boss on 16:18 - Jan 5 with 1529 viewsBarsidepete

Noah is boss on 15:50 - Jan 5 by noah4x4

Never had a 'gold star' before. Thanks

I've not done many full match reports recently, as a proper (trainee) journalist wanted to take over, then vanished, but I guess he is now writing about Ipswich. I am following the U's home and away for much of the season except for Fleetwood when I will be at Base Camp Everest (hopefully then looking up at a far bigger hill than the U's must climb) so will do more reports if that's what a majority of boarders want.

So I will be back with a positive spin on 'Posh' - win or lose!

Er.....Is there a "fire drill" out of here......?

Love your work, Noah.

You go beyond the report. You do atmosphere and intangibles. Excellent writing

edit:
what's wrong with Ipswich? (sorry, leading question, haha) ... If the Tractor Boys were in the Prem next season, I'd have an actual reason to watch here more often from across the pond. As opposed to Palace v Burnley, or Man Citeh v West Brom or some other dreck, Ippy in the Prem challenging Derby for one of the worst BPL terms ever, that's must watch tv;)

Speaking of that one, ITFC v Happy's Derby County live here Sat morning. Beer crisp and dip at the ready.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 17:29]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Noah is boss on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 1510 viewsBluenWightExile

Sounds grand Pete!
Have a nice 2015 over there mate.
I'll keep making some pictures over here!

Yes, we're very fortunate to have Noah4x4 as well as Durham and Wessex.
They try to keep our chins up which is hard when you're so far from it all!
It all looks decidedly difficult this time doesn't it....but we've been in steady decline for 3 years now.
I only hope we can put a run of wins together.

Friday was interesting - passed the ball nicely - mostly laterally mind.
Some skilful youngsters which please and Eastman looked more confident alongside Gorkss. Sears showed nothing to me that he wanted to leave and tried hard.
But in truth - inevitably their youngsters [especially Harris] were better than ours - as they should be in the Championship - and we had too little innovation or pacy penetration. They did. Their shots had power and venom, ours less so. Pretty predictable really but I thought they did OK.
Couldn't understand why they didn't 'throw the kitchen sink' at 'em until 75 mins though.

Did anyone else think Mr Cowling seemed very nervous at half-time?
Mind you the interview was appallingly conducted.

Here's to the first of the ten wins we need on Saturday and thanks again to our 'true reporters' - gold stars n all.

Pinault-noir

Noah is boss on 17:14 - Jan 5 with 1506 viewsLeadbelly

Well done all "foreign" correspondents.

Our chairman did look a little nervous during his interview but he was much more assured than anyone being paid that night by BBC Wales. I cannot recall seeing such desperately poor production on anything before. Everyone appeared to have tipped up 5 minutes before kick-off with no idea what event they were covering. According to the commentator, George Moncur is on loan from West Ham...even though he signed permanently 6 weeks ago! And is there an "expert" summariser in existence more dull than Kevin Ratcliffe? I do hope not.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Noah is boss on 15:52 - Jan 6 with 1467 viewsnoah4x4

The entire night in Cardiff was a bit weird..... with apologies to official expert summariser Kevin Ratcliffe.... and to all historians and movie buffs...I will fill in a few of the bits not shown on the TV....

U's fans were squeezed into a Y shaped corner; where row A had 1 seat; row B 2 seats and so on to the top. It was like being sat on top of an inverted human pyramid. But given the lower position of the nearby TV camera unusually looking up at its perspective from the vanishing point to the optimum width (rather than the reverse); I guess this made our number appear far greater than reality.

I recall the Zulus doing something very similar when on that hilltop at Rorkes Drift; one thin line, but a mile wide to create the illusion of critical mass, but we were just critical and most of us already had enough mass; but those few extra calories from an excellent meat pie were appreciated before the battle commenced.

We were at least 50 yards from any other potentially dangerous human beings and perched high on that hilltop. A look to our left and we recognised the shiny goblet as the F A Cup; dumped in another corner just as isolated as we. Look to our right and the few Cardiff fans present looked like leftover crumbs and an odd blackcurrant scattered in an empty cake tin. Easy pickings for a crow; but then we are an eagle. A bald version in my case.

Then it predictably happended....boom; Cardiff's own version of 'Men of Harlech' over the tannoys. Jeez, I thought; they really do think we are Zulus. Then I mused; there were more of us than them at Rorkes Drift and in this Stadium - so we must have a chance - then came total silence.....apart from a distinct ringing in our now damaged ears.

Then the U's fans started to sing slowly and deliberately.... "he's seven foot tall....."

The Welsh must have thought we were all tall warriors; since as the teams lined up for the toss of a coin to determine first dibs they decided to form a sort of conga and a significant herd of them marched out of one section; then down one tunnel and up another; simply to relocate into an adjacent block; when five steps to the left would have achieved exactly the same result. Had some great anthropologist been present we might have secured an explanation; but it was seemingly on the instruction and choreography of a single uniformed policeman that filmed it all. He was hardly Michael Caine, but he had a hat and moustache like Nigel Green, and under that was a shaggy haircut like Stanley Baker. It was just very odd, or were they trying to get their few bluecoats into a better defensive square? We didn't see any of their traditional red. In the first twenty minutes they were more 'blue square' than 'red square' than we, despite having never been to any conference.

They first broke into a chant of "loyal supporters"; to which we again thought, that's rather odd when 80% had obviously stayed at home with no reinforcements apparent. Our first volley "Your ground's too big for you.." was parried with "we hate Swansea more than you". Again, strange; as our "Engerland; Engerland" should have created far more menace than it did. But there was indeed "only one of them singing"; but when it's Ivor Emmanual you do know one has to be patient.......Fal la la la la laa, laa la la..la... Eventually Ivor finished his solo and the verbal conflict properly commenced.

Game kicks off on a single whistle. We go over the top and hit them with "....the good ole white and blues..."; followed by "you're supposed to be at home" ...which magnificently metamorphosed into "you're supposed to play in blue". That particular volley evidently hurt them; suffice for them to start moaning at their owner; manager and team and ignoring us. The U's were having the brighter start with the home finger distinctly off the pulse and more likely on the TV remote button.

We lobbed one vocal bombardment after another upon them. The U's utterly outsang them throughout. Cue our two idiots with the two white blow up sheep each having a red arsehole (n.b. 'twas the sheep so afflicted not them). Fair play to the Cardiff stewards that could see the funny side and didn't confiscate or eject them; but then one steward told us he lived in Swansea and we suspect that the other was Latvian and appreciative of Kaspers Gorkss; so something did, at last, make sense.

Well you know the rest. It's shame that we lost on the pitch...but the memories will live long. We certainly gave them a good humoured verbal slap off it and can claim a fans singalong victory. Maybe time to reflect upon what we have a WHCS? Robbie Cowling might look like Adam Sugar's scruffy lovechild and did give an interview like a Geldorf on steroids; but at least he is a true 'blue and white' and respects the fans. I am sure he will be the last man standing when Vincent Tan and Ken Choo are not...we salute your sir....now where's me medal?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 16:30]
Noah is boss on 19:53 - Jan 6 with 1439 viewsjonestones

Medals? No one said anything about medals noah! I was just dishing out gold stars! ;)
Noah is boss on 09:44 - Jan 12 with 1357 viewsburnsieespana

Noah is boss on 15:00 - Jan 4 by BluenWightExile

Hear hear to that.
Exiled as I am I rely on Noah and Durham and Wessex !
Unsung but now sung heroes all!

Likewise being unable to see Col U on a regular basis rely much on the posts from Noah, Gerry and Durham. Keep the good work up guys as is appreciated from afar.
Up the U's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024