Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 17:56 - Jul 11 with 2915 viewsFruitbat

Forsaking an afternoon in front of the cricket, I've made my annual pilgrimage to Scraley Road on a very pleasant afternoon to watch a game of football but probably a less pleasant one for playing it. Notable absentees from the squad were George Elokobi and Sam Walker but otherwise it was all present and correct with welcome returns from injury for Tosin Olufemi, Frankie Kent and Drey Wright. Walker's place was taken by triallist keeper Elliot Parrish and there was also a place for another triallist, Olly Lee.

The Us fielded two different sides with Porter captaining the first half and Gilby the second. First half side started slowly and might have gone 1-0 down but for a sharp save by Lewington diving to his right, however, goals from Porter (a far post tap in after good work down the right by Sembie-Ferris and a penalty after Holman was felled), Lee (a tap in) and Moncur (on the volley from just outside the box) meant the Us were comfortably in control going into the break.

Second half side, which included new signing Joe Edwards) didn't let up. Two fine goals from Wright, a tap in from Bonne and a sweet lob from Szmodics wrapping the game up. It could have been more with Briggs in particular not afriad to shoot from distance - expect him to get a couple this season.

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 18:20 - Jul 11 with 2907 viewsbwildered

Thanks Fruitbat, hope you were home in time to see the first test wrapped up . Going to be a big season for Tosin, with Brindley getting the right back berth and Wynter also available .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 18:31 - Jul 11 with 2902 viewsBFG

EADT http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester_united_go_goal_crazy_against_swifts_1_414
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 18:36 - Jul 11 with 2899 viewsFruitbat

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 18:20 - Jul 11 by bwildered

Thanks Fruitbat, hope you were home in time to see the first test wrapped up . Going to be a big season for Tosin, with Brindley getting the right back berth and Wynter also available .

Ninth wicket as I was pulling out of the car park, tenth in Gt Totham.

Tosin played left back in first half and Wynter centre-half in second.
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 22:57 - Jul 11 with 2863 viewsdurham_exile

Fruitbat thanks for the Col U update very interesting.

I watched the cricket on Sky - first class performance.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 15:43 - Jul 14 with 2747 viewsStripeyBlueBoy

Less the 10 is pretty disappointing, I thought this season would be the season but looks like we will be waiting another year
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 23:24 - Jul 14 with 2707 viewsjonestones

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 15:43 - Jul 14 by StripeyBlueBoy

Less the 10 is pretty disappointing, I thought this season would be the season but looks like we will be waiting another year

Have you written off our season after our first preseason friendly against Heybridge?!
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 06:45 - Jul 15 with 2696 viewsjonestones

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 15:43 - Jul 14 by StripeyBlueBoy

What are your thoughts then about a 4-0 win at Brentford, Stripey?
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 11:22 - Jul 15 with 2682 viewsLeadbelly

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 06:45 - Jul 15 by jonestones

What are your thoughts then about a 4-0 win at Brentford, Stripey?

4-0 win at Brentford would have been more impressive than at Brentwood but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 13:14 - Jul 15 with 2661 viewsgerry_us

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 11:22 - Jul 15 by Leadbelly

4-0 win at Brentford would have been more impressive than at Brentwood but you can only beat what's in front of you.

It certainly impressed me until I saw it was "wood" and not "ford". I will be holding my breath as a couple of seasons ago we went through pre-season unbeaten with lots of goals but then couldn't hit a barn door when the season started. Still wining is a good habit to get into so long may it continue.
Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 05:46 - Jul 16 with 2610 viewsjonestones

Heybridge Swifts 0 Colchester United 8 on 11:22 - Jul 15 by Leadbelly

Sorry for typo!

Still changing the subject.... Cracking goal!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024