Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burton 5 Col U 1 16:55 - Nov 28 with 4532 viewsBlueStripes

This is the reason why it's vital that a manager is appointed from OUTSIDE the club. The clowns in charge today are just as clueless as Humes about how to stop the rot. It sounded as if Burton didn't even play that well, it's just so easy to score against Col U these days.
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 3226 viewsBarsidepete

Do I officially have permission to be sick?

I never saw a 5-1 coming. I was "optimistic" in Daniel's league with a 2-0. As my predictions tend to suck I was hoping to be massively wrong. A draw would have been ok.

I don't even know how to spin this. I'm looking for the insight from our writers this week.

So Without TH at the helm we leak 5 goals??

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 3230 viewsLeadbelly

To be fair to those in charge today they've had two days only to work with the players and I would assume Thursday wasn't the easiest.

I hope the chairman doesn't rush into an appointment. Give McGreal, Hall and Brown another couple of games to see what they can do whilst at least considering the merits of external candidates. Appoint in haste, repent in leisure.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 3203 viewsBarsidepete

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:07 - Nov 28 by Leadbelly

To be fair to those in charge today they've had two days only to work with the players and I would assume Thursday wasn't the easiest.

I hope the chairman doesn't rush into an appointment. Give McGreal, Hall and Brown another couple of games to see what they can do whilst at least considering the merits of external candidates. Appoint in haste, repent in leisure.

-19 GD is unbelievable.

But on a positive note, Altrincham next, then bottom-feeders Barnsley.

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:27 - Nov 28 with 3202 viewsLeadbelly

Barnsley game is a real relegation 6 pointer. Lose that and we can't avoid dropping into the bottom 4.

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:43 - Nov 28 with 3177 viewsBarsidepete

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 17:27 - Nov 28 by Leadbelly

Barnsley game is a real relegation 6 pointer. Lose that and we can't avoid dropping into the bottom 4.

As you wrote above, Hall and McGreal haven't had enough time to decide on their own game plan.

Win the FA Cup tie; even a draw v Barnsley the week after would give supporters hope.

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:10 - Nov 28 with 3157 viewsSector4

Having heard the post match interviews with Cowling and Hall I have no doubt that there will be a promotion from within. Hall is clearly emotionally attached to Humes and will not be the fresh pair of eyes that are required. Brown or Mcgreal would be more subjective and I fear they will be the best of very limited options as the chairman will not look externally. Credit to Cowling for speaking on the radio but his seige mentality will see us playing Forest Green next season.
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:17 - Nov 28 with 3141 viewsBarsidepete

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:10 - Nov 28 by Sector4

Having heard the post match interviews with Cowling and Hall I have no doubt that there will be a promotion from within. Hall is clearly emotionally attached to Humes and will not be the fresh pair of eyes that are required. Brown or Mcgreal would be more subjective and I fear they will be the best of very limited options as the chairman will not look externally. Credit to Cowling for speaking on the radio but his seige mentality will see us playing Forest Green next season.

Forest Green? Well at least that's a banker.

If it's Grimsby that's promoted, Gerry will not shut up. He will become the most annoying poster ever, talking Grimsby and the Minnesota Vikings.

And of course our beloved U's

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:35 - Nov 28 with 3126 viewsgerry_us

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:17 - Nov 28 by Barsidepete

Forest Green? Well at least that's a banker.

If it's Grimsby that's promoted, Gerry will not shut up. He will become the most annoying poster ever, talking Grimsby and the Minnesota Vikings.

And of course our beloved U's

You are badly mistaken mate. I have never been to Grimsby Town nor ever will unless U's are the visitor's which actually looks very possible as early as next season given the respective positions in their leagues.
Login to get fewer ads

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:59 - Nov 28 with 3107 viewsLeadbelly

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:10 - Nov 28 by Sector4

A swift appointment from within is exactly what I fear most. It hasn't with worked for the last two managers and they were probably the obvious candidates from within.

Cowling has done a great deal for the club but his recruitment policy has swung through 180 degrees from where he started...hiring names to only appointing from within. His attitude towards the fanbase also puzzles me. We have poor attendance and yet I'm sure I'm not the only fan who feels that sometimes the chairman views us as an inconvenience. I wonder if he wouldn't prefer to have the club in the conference with crowds of 1,200 obedient fans who wouldn't dare to criticise him. Better still, scrap FFP and play behind closed doors.

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 19:10 - Nov 28 with 3091 viewsBarsidepete

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 18:35 - Nov 28 by gerry_us

You are badly mistaken mate. I have never been to Grimsby Town nor ever will unless U's are the visitor's which actually looks very possible as early as next season given the respective positions in their leagues.

It's an inside joke, as fellow posters know. I have a soft spot for Braintree and Grimsby. If one of them gets promoted to L2 that would be outstanding.

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 19:19 - Nov 28 with 3088 viewsPaddyA140

I know zip about footie finance -- but is it time to ask Cowling to stick his hand in his pocket and fork out for a proven manager (if any will come) and more to the point a player or two in the next window?

I wasn't at Burton but was at Millwall and find it just incredible that we've slipped to a similar scoreline. If crass errors were to blame last week, surely they weren't again today? If they were, then it speaks of a team (defensive section especially) with rock-bottom confidence. They deserve support come what may so I hope the boo boys didn't make the journey.

Personally I feel and little sorry for Tony Humes - he never sent a team out to lose and if he was at all to blame for man management or a lack of nous from time to time, then hey - I don't always do my job 100% either. The fact is he gave it his best shot and I saw some fantastic playing under him sometimes. If a guy does his best, then you can't ask for more. I hope he'll feel able to come to the WCHS and watch the U's again.

Good luck to whoever takes over permanently, but this really is the time to get behind the lads. I was going to skip the Altrincham game in the hope we breezed it and save the cash for the next round tie. Instead, I'm jumping in the car next Sunday and coming to back my team in a tight spot.

Up the U's
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 23:11 - Nov 28 with 2977 viewsdurham_exile

Match thoughts tomorrow, suffice to say the team werenotfourgoals worse than the Brewers.

They took their chances we didn't.

But I do agree thatthenext managerial appointment should be made from outside.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 00:47 - Nov 29 with 2948 viewsDaniel

If we can take any positives from this game it's that the scoreline did not reflect the match.

The ref gave them everything in the first half, including the free-kick for the equaliser. Their next two were defections. They also hit the post and it goes in, we hit the post and it doesn't.

It was refreshing to see us try and change things by making substitutions and going 442 and we ended the game with the greater possession and more shots than them.

I agree that we need to bring someone in from outside the club. A new face will bring fresh optimism and lift the players. They looked gutted at the end and fans giving them abuse doesn't help. Right now we need to stick together, not create a divide.

Next week is a chance to forget the league. A win, a clean sheet and a third round draw will be just the tonic!
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 15:25 - Nov 29 with 2852 viewsBlueStripes

I love all the optimism on here but after hearing Cowling on the radio last night, I genuinely fear for the future of this club. He basically said "stuff you" to the long-suffering Col U fans and made it pretty clear that he has no intention of appointing a manager from outside the club. This club desperately needs a fresh approach and appointing another back-room boy as manager will almost certainly seal our fate for this season. He was asked if he thought Col U are in crisis and despite his denial of the facts, Col U ARE in crisis!.... 5 league defeats on the bounce....4 points from the last 10 matches....32 goals conceded in those 10 matches....and now managerless. If Cowling appoints another Col U insider and we go down, then I think he should consider his position and bugger off so hopefully we can get a chairman with a bit of ambition
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 16:00 - Nov 29 with 2829 viewsBarsidepete

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 15:25 - Nov 29 by BlueStripes

I love all the optimism on here but after hearing Cowling on the radio last night, I genuinely fear for the future of this club. He basically said "stuff you" to the long-suffering Col U fans and made it pretty clear that he has no intention of appointing a manager from outside the club. This club desperately needs a fresh approach and appointing another back-room boy as manager will almost certainly seal our fate for this season. He was asked if he thought Col U are in crisis and despite his denial of the facts, Col U ARE in crisis!.... 5 league defeats on the bounce....4 points from the last 10 matches....32 goals conceded in those 10 matches....and now managerless. If Cowling appoints another Col U insider and we go down, then I think he should consider his position and bugger off so hopefully we can get a chairman with a bit of ambition

Whatever happens v Altrincham, Barnsley, that will be telling.

Take care of two minnows. Give us some hope for Christmastime.

And maybe we'll get an away draw at ManU or something. It could be worse. It could be West Ham at the Wessie

This is Not a horrible club. Merely going through a rough spell. I think this will turn out ok. Very optimistic.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 16:01]

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 20:33 - Nov 29 with 2779 viewswessex_exile

Sorry, but I'm not hearing "stuff you" at all, in fact I think it's remarkably ungracious to even suggest it - Robbie would almost certainly prefer not to appoint an outsider, because I've no doubt he'd prefer some continuity in pursuing the objective - a Colchester United that is financially self-sufficient, operating within it's means, with a fantastic academy set-up both bringing on home-grown talent and attracting young stars of the future from the big clubs. It's not what we're used to from the Layer Rd days, when a cobbled together mismatch of journeymen sometimes achieved, but more often didn't, but I've seen enough clubs over the years go to the wall to know it is the future.

I don't know who he'll choose, and whilst I probably agree that a fresh pair of eyes wouldn't do any harm, I can also see what may come with that - demand for a transfer budget, a likely complete change of backroom staff, out of favour player contracts terminated - all of which will cost a shit load of cash we just don't have. After all, it's not as if he hasn't tried that several times over already, and been let down in one way or another (Boothroyd, Ward, Lambert etc.) every time.

You need to be careful what you wish for, because if all the abuse directed at Robbie Cowling eventually has the desired effect, and he does "consider his position and bugger off" then we really are f'cked - unless you have a long list of potential chairmen with ambition (and no small amount of cash to back it up) up your sleeve?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 21:43 - Nov 29 with 2759 viewsjonestones

I'm shocked that anyone would think to themselves that Cowling should 'bugger off' let alone voice them.

Cowling has ploughed his own money into the club and has a clear and clever vision for the future. I'm sure he would bleed blue and white if he was cut. On the meager gates we get, I think it is amazing that we have the training facilities and academy status that we have, let alone keeping our league one status for as long as we have.

I find the idea that Cowling is 'unambitious', ludicrous and slightly offensive.

I agree with Wessex, Bluestripes, you should be careful what you wish for.
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 11:40 - Nov 30 with 2686 viewsdurham_exile

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 23:11 - Nov 28 by durham_exile

Match thoughts tomorrow, suffice to say the team werenotfourgoals worse than the Brewers.

They took their chances we didn't.

But I do agree thatthenext managerial appointment should be made from outside.

Up the U's

Let us be clear this was not a 5-1 game. OK the scoreline will be recorded as such but Colchester were not four goals worse than a Burton team who had 5 shots on target and scored 5. Whilst the U's had 7 shots and only 2 on target and that I'm afraid is our problem. Profligacy in front of goal.

Our first visit to the Pirelli stadium on a shocking day reminiscent of the Port Vale game last season. Burton's ground is not dissimilar to the Cod Army's at Fleetwood. An impressive stand and then in the Pirelli case three sides of standing. A capacity of just over 6,000 and on Saturday 2,893 hardy souls and about 200 of the faithful had turned up to see the start of a new era for Col U.

The warm up before kick off seemed to have more intensity - Wayne Brown and John McGreal were evident and the players despite the conditions were keen to impress.

A very warm welcome was given to Richard Brindley (very sorely missed recently).

Team

Jones

Brindley Kent Eastman Briggs

Harriott Gilbey Edwards Moncur Massey

Porter

Subs:

Parish Ambrose Sordell Elokobi Wright Szmodics Lapslie

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink patrolled the touchline (waiting for the telephone call from West London) and it was Colchester who were off to a flyer. The lively Massey won the ball and sent over a delightful cross which was poorly cleared straight to Harriott who lashed a shot from outside the box into the far corner of the net.

And for 20 minutes it was the U's in the ascendancy, but they needed a second goal. The rain eased slightly and referee Mr Toner (a cartridge short of a printer) harshly ruled that Harriott had fouled his man just outside the penalty area.

The free kick on 25 mins was taken by Nasser El Khayati (who had been moaning throughout the half to anyone who wanted to listen). Jones has lined up too far to the right and the wall had left a gap to the left. Result Khayati bent the ball around the wall and along the ground and into the goal before Jones could react. 1-1 and the U's could certainly feel hard done by.

Worse was to come. On 34 mins Duffy hit a shot that was wickedly deflected over Jones by Edwards and the U's were 2-1 down.

Jones then managed to find touch on the halfway line with a clearance and was fouly berated by one of the faithful (who had enjoyed a liquid lunch). Jones reacted angrily and went off clearly annoyed at the half time interval.

Now although the faithful are frustrated, the player's confidence is low and this was not helpful to the shot stopper.

So 2-1 at half time - the tea had been almost undrinkable before the game so I opted for a hot chocolate and whilst queuing we were moved out of the way by an over officious steward whilst Essex Police were speaking to an elder statesman of the faithful about his over zealous language in the first half. Emotions were running high.

Fair to say the U's were unlucky to be behind and of course worse was to come when in the 51 st minute they went three one down courtesy of Naylor and an unlucky deflection from Kent.

Now I thought even at 3-1 the U's were playing the better football. The conditions had deteriorated however and the rain was now coming down horizontally blown by an increasing wind.

U's mad the first change on 60 mins with the excellent Richard Brindley making way for Marvin Sordell.

Callum Harriott was very unlucky on 64 mins to see his shot strike the post and roll along the goal line and out for a goal kick. Had the arrears been reduced then the unthinkable was on.

George Moncur was playing with purpose and industry and was unlucky to see an effort go close.

Sammy Szmodics replaced Gavin Massey on 72 mins. A sensible move given Massey's recent injury.

However the Us defence is the pres ent that keeps giving and a smart Burton move was finished by Lucas Akins and after 73 mins the game was all over.

Some of the faithful near me sang "We're shite and we're sick of it" Some walked out.

The fifth goal with Tiele having the freedom of the far post to head past Jones came on 81 mins.

The final whistle brought some boos from he faithful and shouts of "what a load of rubbish"

The players had put in a shift. The effort was clear to see. 49 goals conceded in 20 games says it all unfortunately.

What is clear to me is that we need an appointment from outside. There are 4 teams worse than Colchester in this league but we cannot afford to keep conceding in such large numbers otherwise Altrincham will create an upset next week and the Tykes will also win at the WHCS.

Having spent the weekend in the West Midlands recuperating I await this week's developments.

I hope that the Doog's number is on RC's speed dial.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 11:51 - Nov 30 with 2683 viewsBlueStripes

OK point taken! I accept that Cowling has done good things for the club during his chairmanship, but this is now the 4th season on the trot that we find ourselves in a desperate struggle against relegation and things need to change. The bottom line for any club is how the first team are performing on the pitch and on this criteria, Cowling's plan is obviously not working. It's no good relying on youngsters from the youth team coming through if they're simply not good enough at this level, and sadly I think this is the case with one or two of them. Getting thrashed every week is also not good for their morale, or indeed the senior players either. If he appoints Hall/McGreal/Brown or whoever to the post, as seems likely, then nothing is going to change and we'll probably break all records for the number of goals conceded by any team in one season! I think what I'm trying to say is that if "Plan A" isn't working, then it needs changing and I'm disappointed that Cowling doesn't seem to accept this......

......Of course I may be proved wrong and Cowling WILL appoint an outside manager, but I'm not holding my breath!
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 13:53 - Nov 30 with 2666 viewsTheOldOakTree

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 11:51 - Nov 30 by BlueStripes

OK point taken! I accept that Cowling has done good things for the club during his chairmanship, but this is now the 4th season on the trot that we find ourselves in a desperate struggle against relegation and things need to change. The bottom line for any club is how the first team are performing on the pitch and on this criteria, Cowling's plan is obviously not working. It's no good relying on youngsters from the youth team coming through if they're simply not good enough at this level, and sadly I think this is the case with one or two of them. Getting thrashed every week is also not good for their morale, or indeed the senior players either. If he appoints Hall/McGreal/Brown or whoever to the post, as seems likely, then nothing is going to change and we'll probably break all records for the number of goals conceded by any team in one season! I think what I'm trying to say is that if "Plan A" isn't working, then it needs changing and I'm disappointed that Cowling doesn't seem to accept this......

......Of course I may be proved wrong and Cowling WILL appoint an outside manager, but I'm not holding my breath!

Indeed, even if you are unhappy with Mr C, it's a case of better the devil you know.

I don't expect there's a queue of people looking to take over the club and if there were, we don't need some of the type of clowns out there who have ruined good clubs.

I don't agree that the academy is the way forward and I don't see how it secures our future at all. It doesn't look like producing significant numbers of players good enough for league 1. It could prove to be more of a burden than an asset. Anyone taking over the club in the future is just as likely to sell the land for development and piss the money away trying to buy promotion. So all this suffering isn't securing anything long-term.

In my opinion a fan base of 6000 would secure our future much better, but that is not going to happen by serving up dross and staying on a course that is heading only one way. All this talk of continuity is bollox if you are heading the wrong way, as it will just seal our fate. We have a new ground, an expanding town, the Farmers are shite as usual, so there is every chance of getting bums on seats at the moment, but another Humes clone off the production line isn't going to do that. We are wasting a golden opportunity.

The few of you that think having the 'Colchester Way' for all levels at the club is a good idea, irrespective of having the players to make it work, are in my opinion, being naïve in the extreme. Fair enough if you are Barcelona and can afford the best. We need to make the best of what we have got NOW, move up the table and forget any ideals. To do that we need a new face that is allowed to think for himself.

I think Cowling is wrong, but it's piss easy knowing the answers, siting at a computer when it's not your money and in fairness, if I had a vision and spent a fortune on it, I wouldn't be in a hurry to admit I was wrong.

It's not fair to doubt the bloke's intentions and I hope he proves the many thousands of disillusioned fans wrong, but to me he is looking more and more like the orchestra on the Titanic.
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 20:31 - Nov 30 with 2601 viewswessex_exile

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 13:53 - Nov 30 by TheOldOakTree

Indeed, even if you are unhappy with Mr C, it's a case of better the devil you know.

I don't expect there's a queue of people looking to take over the club and if there were, we don't need some of the type of clowns out there who have ruined good clubs.

I don't agree that the academy is the way forward and I don't see how it secures our future at all. It doesn't look like producing significant numbers of players good enough for league 1. It could prove to be more of a burden than an asset. Anyone taking over the club in the future is just as likely to sell the land for development and piss the money away trying to buy promotion. So all this suffering isn't securing anything long-term.

In my opinion a fan base of 6000 would secure our future much better, but that is not going to happen by serving up dross and staying on a course that is heading only one way. All this talk of continuity is bollox if you are heading the wrong way, as it will just seal our fate. We have a new ground, an expanding town, the Farmers are shite as usual, so there is every chance of getting bums on seats at the moment, but another Humes clone off the production line isn't going to do that. We are wasting a golden opportunity.

The few of you that think having the 'Colchester Way' for all levels at the club is a good idea, irrespective of having the players to make it work, are in my opinion, being naïve in the extreme. Fair enough if you are Barcelona and can afford the best. We need to make the best of what we have got NOW, move up the table and forget any ideals. To do that we need a new face that is allowed to think for himself.

I think Cowling is wrong, but it's piss easy knowing the answers, siting at a computer when it's not your money and in fairness, if I had a vision and spent a fortune on it, I wouldn't be in a hurry to admit I was wrong.

It's not fair to doubt the bloke's intentions and I hope he proves the many thousands of disillusioned fans wrong, but to me he is looking more and more like the orchestra on the Titanic.

Now come on TOOT, don't go spoil an inflamed subjective passionate debate with something as vulgar as reason...

Obviously the academy isn't the only solution, it has to be alloyed with sound tactical nous at the top, and a decent smattering of solid experienced pros forming the core of the team (that'll be the two experienced CBs we desperately need), but in my opinion it is nevertheless a huge asset now and for the future of Colchester United. Let's face it (if you believe this is our model) not all of Crewe's academy graduates went on to become megastars, in fact very few indeed, but with the money sloshing around in football these days, you don't need to produce too many for it to be more than cost-effective...and in the meantime, you're growing your own 1st teamers and their salaries don't even count towards the FFP wage cap.

The vitriol that has been directed at Robbie Cowling, not just now, but actually for many years (in fact right from the day Peter Heard hand-picked him as the best man to take Colchester United forward) is not just baffling, it's seriously worrying - because I don't think most that propagate it have one iota of a clue how much sh1t we'll be in if RC decides "bollox, life's too short for this crap". The OMB have many of this ilk, the "Colchester United Remembered" open group on Facebook was basically h-jacked by the same until the group creator had to step in and moderate more effectively, and any online comments section for regional press attracts them also.

Anyway, on one thing we do agree, because I did actually say I think an external appointment is preferable this time around (even if financially it'll hurt us in the short term), if for no other reason than it is quite clear a significant proportion of the fanbase will neither accept, nor in truth support an internal appointment. That, sadly, will stimulate even more of the above, and I fear we'll watch dumbfounded as it all unravels...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 14:57 - Dec 1 with 2520 viewsLeadbelly

Full page article in the EADT today following an interview with Robbie Cowling. Unfortunately it's not on their website so I can't provide a link.

Very briefest summary as follows;

Cowling committed to appointing from within and plans to have the new man in place this week.

Has interviewed McGreal, Hall, Brown, Ball and Wright.

No knee jerk reaction to what happened last week.

The chairman has all the facts and the fans don't and he will continue to follow his philosophy.

The academy is to develop coaches as well as players.

Cowling is aware of many fans opinion of another internal appointment and says "if fans are angry, they are angry. I can't help that"

Last Thursday was an all time low in his time at the club.

Tony Humes was very popular at the club and "never lost the dressing room and he never lost any of those things that people seemed to think he did"

I'll do my best to support the team and the new manager, whoever that may be, but, once again, I find myself underwhelmed by the chairman's comments. I don't think I'm the sort of fan he wants at the club.

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 15:27 - Dec 1 with 2514 viewsTheOldOakTree

Burton 5 Col U 1 on 14:57 - Dec 1 by Leadbelly

Full page article in the EADT today following an interview with Robbie Cowling. Unfortunately it's not on their website so I can't provide a link.

Very briefest summary as follows;

Cowling committed to appointing from within and plans to have the new man in place this week.

Has interviewed McGreal, Hall, Brown, Ball and Wright.

No knee jerk reaction to what happened last week.

The chairman has all the facts and the fans don't and he will continue to follow his philosophy.

The academy is to develop coaches as well as players.

Cowling is aware of many fans opinion of another internal appointment and says "if fans are angry, they are angry. I can't help that"

Last Thursday was an all time low in his time at the club.

Tony Humes was very popular at the club and "never lost the dressing room and he never lost any of those things that people seemed to think he did"

I'll do my best to support the team and the new manager, whoever that may be, but, once again, I find myself underwhelmed by the chairman's comments. I don't think I'm the sort of fan he wants at the club.

Can someone call for a Priest please.
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 21:39 - Dec 1 with 2476 viewsgerry_us

We should always remember that Parky came to the club without any prior managerial experience and he didn't do so badly for a "newby" manager. Whoever is appointed I will continue to support the Chairman and U's as I have done since the "Benny Fenton days". Youngsters on the board (if there are any!) should look him up.
Burton 5 Col U 1 on 23:26 - Dec 1 with 2456 viewsmfb_cufc

If Cowling makes another internal appointment, then he should be looking to sell up, because he is going to get slaughtered by the fans. To say he couldn't care about the fans being angry, is arrogance in the extreme. He should remember the fans will still be here, when he, and his pathetic philosophy, are history.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024