Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt 08:54 - Jan 5 with 3391 viewsshimmie

It's really not on. They know he doesn't want the job, he's said it publicaly and I'm sure he's said it privately. HJ is exploiting Curts love for the club and better nature. I'm all for taking your time but forcing the job on a 61 year old who's heart isn't in it. I can see that the club are probably waiting for the outcome of our next 2 home matches, but the whole thing doesn't feel right.
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:02 - Jan 5 with 3353 viewspremierjack

What a rubbish post. The job can not and will not be forced on Curtis. He doesn't want the job full time but he will help out asking as the club want him too. If they can't sort BR SOON, AC will take over until the summer after he AGRESS to, not because he is being forced.
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:03 - Jan 5 with 3342 viewsperchrockjack

I've already commented as such.
Frankly, I hope he refuses as it would wake Jenkins up from this stupor of insouchiance

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:11 - Jan 5 with 3291 viewsraynor94

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:02 - Jan 5 by premierjack

What a rubbish post. The job can not and will not be forced on Curtis. He doesn't want the job full time but he will help out asking as the club want him too. If they can't sort BR SOON, AC will take over until the summer after he AGRESS to, not because he is being forced.

Sorry, but your itk posts are becoming ever so tiresome

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:22 - Jan 5 with 3258 viewsmonmouth

It depends how you define 'forced'. Emotional pressure may be invisible but it's just as strong as external force. He will do it if he is told there are no other realistic choices, but it is clear he doesn't want to. he already looks pained and a bit ragged and the real pressure is to come. He has NEVER wanted to do this.

It's not right.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:25 - Jan 5 with 3235 viewsNeiltheTaylor

They're not paying his wages?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 3170 viewspremierjack

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:25 - Jan 5 by NeiltheTaylor

No, apparently he does it all for free and HJ drives to his home and then drags him kicking and screaming all the way to training.

Curtis is a grown man, he would not still be there is he didn't want to do it, yes he has said he doesn't want it full time but he has also said that he will do it for as long as the club want him to. That is not forced. He is also having help from Dave Adams and he knows his stuff.... Saying that, I wonder if he is being forced to!!!!
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:40 - Jan 5 with 3154 viewsSwaneeRiver

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:25 - Jan 5 by NeiltheTaylor

Many people find themselves deputising for a manager, etc.
Doesn't mean they are getting remunerated at the same level or wish to do the job permanently
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:51 - Jan 5 with 3094 viewsQuakerJack

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:22 - Jan 5 by monmouth

It depends how you define 'forced'. Emotional pressure may be invisible but it's just as strong as external force. He will do it if he is told there are no other realistic choices, but it is clear he doesn't want to. he already looks pained and a bit ragged and the real pressure is to come. He has NEVER wanted to do this.

It's not right.

This

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:54 - Jan 5 with 3070 viewstrampie

Curt has talked about carrying on for as long as it takes if the right person doesn’t emerge.

Some fans on here are belittling Swansea legend Alan Curtis by suggesting he is too weak to take the job and is not man enough to say what he thinks.

Its fairly normal in many different workplace environments for a senior experienced person to take charge if the leader for whatever reason is no more, posters seemed to be suggesting he was the tea boy, Curt has played and coached at the highest level over decades he has been a caretaker manager before for us, there are some weak minded people about on here that you would not want in the trenches next to you I can tell you.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:56 - Jan 5 with 3054 viewsdcd14

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:54 - Jan 5 by trampie

Curt has talked about carrying on for as long as it takes if the right person doesn’t emerge.

Some fans on here are belittling Swansea legend Alan Curtis by suggesting he is too weak to take the job and is not man enough to say what he thinks.

Its fairly normal in many different workplace environments for a senior experienced person to take charge if the leader for whatever reason is no more, posters seemed to be suggesting he was the tea boy, Curt has played and coached at the highest level over decades he has been a caretaker manager before for us, there are some weak minded people about on here that you would not want in the trenches next to you I can tell you.

Sense prevails!
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:02 - Jan 5 with 3020 viewslegoman

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 09:22 - Jan 5 by monmouth

It's not right.

You write this as though you know AC's innermost thoughts, and it may be that you do for all I know.

However, I venture to suggest very few of us really know what is going on and I personally doubt HJ would ever force Curt into doing anything he doesn't wish to.

I for one support, and always have done, those who have a pure passion for the club and a desire to see us succeed. I truly believe the desire of AC to do as well as he can counts for so much more than any "hired gun" can ever give us. His humility is to be applauded and in my opinion should be one of the reasons he is given a shot at it.

If Curt is installed as manager I will be right behind him and will never, ever blame him if he is unable to keep us up. I happen to believe he will do it, and we now need to call on those who take the field to declare if they are with us or against us. If not, goodbye and let the rest get on with it.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:04 - Jan 5 with 2999 viewstrampie

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:02 - Jan 5 by legoman

You write this as though you know AC's innermost thoughts, and it may be that you do for all I know.

However, I venture to suggest very few of us really know what is going on and I personally doubt HJ would ever force Curt into doing anything he doesn't wish to.

I for one support, and always have done, those who have a pure passion for the club and a desire to see us succeed. I truly believe the desire of AC to do as well as he can counts for so much more than any "hired gun" can ever give us. His humility is to be applauded and in my opinion should be one of the reasons he is given a shot at it.

If Curt is installed as manager I will be right behind him and will never, ever blame him if he is unable to keep us up. I happen to believe he will do it, and we now need to call on those who take the field to declare if they are with us or against us. If not, goodbye and let the rest get on with it.

Yip

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 2975 viewsshimmie

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:02 - Jan 5 by legoman

Good post, and in essence I agree. But taking over on an interim basis believing it'll be for 2-3 matches is completely different to being put in place until the end of the season when the club is a relegation battle, one we could very realistically lose. Curt doesn't want the job, associated stress or the potential guilt of feeling responsible for taking us down. I know most wouldn't blame him, I certainly wouldn't, but he's blame himself. He's not going to walk away and he will give his all, the club know that and are using that to their advantage. Morally i do think it's right.
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:31 - Jan 5 with 2893 viewsLandore_Jack

The board need to make a decision now! Its unfair to keep Curtis in the dark.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 10:35]

#backtojack

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:40 - Jan 5 with 2828 viewsandrewcalo

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:31 - Jan 5 by Landore_Jack

Here here.

We are a laughing stock.
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:47 - Jan 5 with 2797 viewslegoman

....but how do you know they haven't?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:52 - Jan 5 with 2769 viewsThornburyswan

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:09 - Jan 5 by shimmie

Good post, and in essence I agree. But taking over on an interim basis believing it'll be for 2-3 matches is completely different to being put in place until the end of the season when the club is a relegation battle, one we could very realistically lose. Curt doesn't want the job, associated stress or the potential guilt of feeling responsible for taking us down. I know most wouldn't blame him, I certainly wouldn't, but he's blame himself. He's not going to walk away and he will give his all, the club know that and are using that to their advantage. Morally i do think it's right.

Tend to agree but suspect the take over for 2/3 matches" sell is on a 'thanks for that Curt basis' whereas as a 'Ah fancy doing it until the summer' has a meangingful financial incentive attached + a '& we'll factor you in to the new regime for next season' clause - if not Curt is not as sharp as I hope he is!
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:57 - Jan 5 with 2749 viewspremierjack

I'm 100% sure Curtis knows exactly what is going on.
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 11:09 - Jan 5 with 2686 viewsdameedna

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 10:57 - Jan 5 by premierjack

I'm 100% sure Curtis knows exactly what is going on.

Of course he knows what's going on. He is the caretaker Manager and we are going to spend some money under his guidance. About time we rallied the troops. We have gone soft wanting all sorts of big names to inflate our egos.

At a guess we have done a deal with Potter who will join up if we stay up.
The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 11:16 - Jan 5 with 2653 viewsClinton

Surely the only sensible assumption is that AC willingly holds the reins and is willing to do so until the end of the season, if required.
He has stated he doesn't want the job, I assume that means he doesn't want to carry on after the end of the season?
He can't really lose, can he? Even if we go down under him, the board will get the blame. Presumably AC himself would be disappointed as a Swansea man if that happened, mind.
End of. In the absence of a strong, available candidate; why are folks getting wound up about it?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The club are taking the p!ss out of curt on 11:20 - Jan 5 with 2635 viewsJackanapes

#prayforalan

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024