Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! 15:03 - Apr 19 with 1813 viewsdurham_exile

After the devastating defeat to Peterbore on Saturday, KK takes his charges to Gresty Road to take on the Railwaymen this evening.

Irony abounds when we are under considerable pressure not to be" doubled" by already relegated Crewe Alexandra. In fact defeat could spell the end of 18 years outside the basement Division, which would be desperate in the extreme.

Four to play, 12 points up for grabs and an unlikely scenario of 50 points being sufficient to retain our League One status, is what Colchester must try to obtain.

Further irony is that David Blacknall has received a highly commended for his preparation of a superb playing surface at the WHCS, which has clearly only helped the opposition, because we have only managed four league victories at home. Grim times indeed.

I suspect that KK will not make too many changes in the light of the debacle on saturday. Although one or two players are jaded, wholesale changes are not the answer.

Defeat tonight is unthinkable; we simply have to win and hope that others can now do us a big favour. I would however rest Tom Eastman for the big game against Burton and bring young Chambers back into the team and play Bonne from the start.

Parish

Brindley Chambers Kent Shorey

Gilbey Moncur Garvan

Massey Bonne Lee

Subs:

Edwards Barnes Lapslie Wright Porter Akinwande Wynter

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. Bang that drum extra loud especially for the beam back to the WHCS.

41 point with three to play gives us a chance, anything else and you better start to set your SATNAVs for vegetarian Forest Green, Accrington Stanley and Morecambe - deep joy!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 18:19 - Apr 20 with 384 viewsBarsidepete

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 17:07 - Apr 20 by durham_exile

Regardless, we will be playing at the Crown Ground next season.

This season has been hugely disappointing in many respects, League Two is going to be both tough and shocking in equal measure.

Still very raw but massively appalling and some really crap teams and grounds to encounter next season.

Up the U's

Still disgusted, Pete.

I had the U's winning,...1-2, wrong, but still got George to net one in Daniel's PL. Remain in 1st on 58 points. Small consolation.

As League 2 is a done deal, there should be nice crowds from away fans who will enjoy a quality stad to visit. The WHCS is --can't believe I'm saying this after Layer Fortress-- a beautiful place. Right and ready for L1 again, and set for the Championship.

Maybe add another 2 food trucks outside??

Colchester is very cool, and our supporters are friendly, so go find a local pub and we won't give you too much stick.

I can't see any reason why the away support won't be as good if not better than in L1.

It's going to be ok, all. Take a deep breath. 2800-3500 per game is not unreachable
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 18:21]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024