Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U......the future 10:26 - Apr 24 with 1198 viewsburnsieespana

Well after a battle against relagation for a few seasons we are down to Div 2.
What are the views on the way forward?
Do we stick with KK and which players do we want and will the ones we want decide to stay or will we have a massive change again of the playing staff?
Me after originally having misgivings about KK hope he stays and the majority of the team. Gilbey will go but hopefully to an English club to get the best compensation.
I hope Garvan, Massey, Moncur and Walker want to stay.
Col U......the future on 11:11 - Apr 24 with 1180 viewsLeadbelly

After hearing the chairman on BBC Essex I think the immediate future will be exactly the same as the recent. Basic message was "we need to learn to learn how to better the things we have been doing".

Focus will remain on youth, the chairman wants to look back in twenty years and know he did the right thing and he has no intention of doing anything in the short term just to please the fans...Cowling's words, not mine.

I would say it's 50/50 Keen will stay. I don't see any way there won't be major departures from the current squad. Gilbey will be missed the most. What interests me far more is the players coming in. Grit, leadership and experience needed at centre half and centre midfield because League 2 could be a rough ride.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Col U......the future on 12:14 - Apr 24 with 1160 viewsBlueStripes

Now the inevitable relegation, which has been on the cards since last November, has finally happened, can anyone seriously see this bunch of no-hopers, minus probably Gilbey and Moncur, making it back to League 1 anytime soon? League 2 is going to be just as tough next season as League 1 was this season and I just don't think this team has the ability, the mental approach or the leadership to do anything other than struggle again next season. OK I know Col U were rather harshly reduced to 10 men early on yesterday, but the extent to which Burton totally dominated the match from start to finish was embarrassing. Col U could end up with the best stadium in the National League in a year or two's time!
Col U......the future on 12:20 - Apr 24 with 1155 viewsFruitbat

Out of contract:

Akinwande
Ambrose
Andrews
Barnes
Bransgrove
Curtis
Eastman
Edwards
Gilbey
Harney
O'Donoghue
Olofemi
Parish
Shorey
Wright
Wynter
Col U......the future on 19:40 - Apr 24 with 1099 viewsjohnnyboy53

Keep, Eastman Edwards Gilbey( not likely) and Parish

Let the rest go, we need men NOT Mice!!!!

Poll: Are we turning the corner?

Col U......the future on 20:03 - Apr 24 with 1088 viewsbwildered

Keep - Wynter and Wright , the others not retained .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Col U......the future on 21:05 - Apr 24 with 1072 viewsFruitbat

Col U......the future on 20:03 - Apr 24 by bwildered

Keep - Wynter and Wright , the others not retained .

That was my first thought when I looked at ths list.
Col U......the future on 23:23 - Apr 24 with 1051 viewsLeadbelly

Edwards was Yeovil's best player two years on the trot, running their midfield. He has been misused as a right back far too often. Let him do what he knows best.

Col U......the future on 23:55 - Apr 24 with 1038 viewspwrightsknees

Col U......the future on 11:11 - Apr 24 by Leadbelly

After hearing the chairman on BBC Essex I think the immediate future will be exactly the same as the recent. Basic message was "we need to learn to learn how to better the things we have been doing".

Focus will remain on youth, the chairman wants to look back in twenty years and know he did the right thing and he has no intention of doing anything in the short term just to please the fans...Cowling's words, not mine.

I would say it's 50/50 Keen will stay. I don't see any way there won't be major departures from the current squad. Gilbey will be missed the most. What interests me far more is the players coming in. Grit, leadership and experience needed at centre half and centre midfield because League 2 could be a rough ride.

Just by looking at the words of RC’s, it does seem to show a complete disregard for the fans — i.e. his paying customers. However, as I didn’t hear the statement myself, I don’t want to risk taking its meaning out of context. If he meant that there would be no knee-jerk reaction to relegation and that careful thought must go into the longer term planning, then who could disagree?

Nevertheless, a sticking plaster can, in the short term help heal a wound. So far, in RC’s 9 year tenure as chairman, we have seen consistent deterioration in first team fortunes — particularly in the last 5 seasons. If he wants to look back in 20 years and know that he did the right thing, he hasn’t made a very good start.

I do have confidence in RC and believe that he has the best interest of the club at heart. But, if he’s honest with himself, I’m sure he will admit to having made some errors of judgment, particularly in his appointments. Single-mindedness is one thing. Stubbornness is another.

I will be 70 later this year. I would like a few good seasons from the U’s to bring a smile to my face before I’m sent off to watch Old Nick’s XI in the Afterlife League. So, please, RC, whatever plans you have — short or long term, please make them work.
Login to get fewer ads

Col U......the future on 17:24 - Apr 25 with 963 viewsbwildered

Clear reality is that the gulf between Academy and D1 was and is too large. All products of the Academy required a season out in the hustle and bustle of a in between, the best will still survive .
This also applies to the manager, development is quite different in acquiring three points in the league on Saturday at five o clock .
The chairman has learnt the hard way, and let's not forget hindsight is a wonderful thing, the majority of supporters were more optimistic of our survival ( albeit still in the bottom half ) after the end of last season .

Col U......the future on 17:26 - Apr 25 with 962 viewsLeadbelly

Col U......the future on 17:24 - Apr 25 by bwildered

Clear reality is that the gulf between Academy and D1 was and is too large. All products of the Academy required a season out in the hustle and bustle of a in between, the best will still survive .
This also applies to the manager, development is quite different in acquiring three points in the league on Saturday at five o clock .
The chairman has learnt the hard way, and let's not forget hindsight is a wonderful thing, the majority of supporters were more optimistic of our survival ( albeit still in the bottom half ) after the end of last season .

I wasn't optimistic but then I rarely am...and pessimists are rarely disappointed.

Col U......the future on 20:01 - Apr 25 with 925 viewsbwildered

Well the likes of Crewe, Swindon , Shrewsbury, Bury and Gillingham have recently returned successfully.
Contracts need to be sorted quickly.
Somebody from within has got to make a name for themselves and grasp the gauntlet. Key men could be Szmodics, Drey Wright and Big Sam all of which have been unavailable for best parts of this season .
A good start is vital to gain confidence for the club and supporters alike .

Col U......the future on 08:34 - Apr 26 with 874 viewsAFCMorant

Col U......the future on 17:26 - Apr 25 by Leadbelly

I wasn't optimistic but then I rarely am...and pessimists are rarely disappointed.

Next season will be a struggle, we will finish in the lower half. It's a tough league to get promoted from, Chris Wilder said that and he should know. I can't see our defence fancying a battle with Akinfenwa or John Akinde - or even Jabo.
Col U......the future on 21:08 - Apr 26 with 807 viewsbwildered

Perhaps will start with a manager .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024