Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FG is here to stay! 18:13 - May 10 with 17854 viewsJacTawe

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Francesco-Guidolin-stay-Swansea-City-boss/

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

FG is here to stay! on 18:16 - May 10 with 17006 viewsunion_jack

Sounds very promising. I'll wait for the official article before getting too excited.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

FG is here to stay! on 18:26 - May 10 with 16944 viewsTummer_from_Texas

FG is here to stay! on 18:16 - May 10 by union_jack

Sounds very promising. I'll wait for the official article before getting too excited.

Gareth Vincent and Chris Wathan both reporting it now.

Not that they are infallible, but those are the two reporters I'd expect to hear it first.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

FG is here to stay! on 19:03 - May 10 with 16767 viewsJohnw102

Also on BBC News Wales at 6.30

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

FG is here to stay! on 10:29 - May 11 with 16318 viewsbostondanvers

Gutted - don't think he's the man for the job BUT I will support him, just worried that we may need to change manager again in October/November. Please no more Diamond shape, plus two new centre halves ( Big Ones) and two new Centre forwards as a very minimum this summer
FG is here to stay! on 10:48 - May 11 with 16272 viewspencoedjack

FG is here to stay! on 10:29 - May 11 by bostondanvers

Gutted - don't think he's the man for the job BUT I will support him, just worried that we may need to change manager again in October/November. Please no more Diamond shape, plus two new centre halves ( Big Ones) and two new Centre forwards as a very minimum this summer

7 wins 3 draws in the last 15 games .... Fuk me I'm gutted too.

Take it your glass is half empty fella.
FG is here to stay! on 10:54 - May 11 with 16251 viewsSwansNZ

FG is here to stay! on 10:48 - May 11 by pencoedjack

Do keep up, the wins were down to Curtis, FG was only responsible for our defeats and general poor play... apparently.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

FG is here to stay! on 10:55 - May 11 with 16246 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Has this been made official yet? Or just EP & WM speculation cos, you know, lazy journalism & all that...

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

FG is here to stay! on 12:58 - May 11 with 16142 viewsbostondanvers

Yes and included in that were some of the worst perfomances from a Swansea team in the last 10 years, including being outplayed by Aston Villa
Login to get fewer ads

FG is here to stay! on 13:06 - May 11 with 16096 viewsjeza739

FG is here to stay! on 12:58 - May 11 by bostondanvers

Yes and included in that were some of the worst perfomances from a Swansea team in the last 10 years, including being outplayed by Aston Villa

And the result of the villa game was............
would you rather have played them off the park and lost?
Especially at such a critical time
FG is here to stay! on 13:17 - May 11 with 16048 viewspencoedjack

We didn't get outplayed by Villa it was just an awful game .... We won which at the time was all that was required.

If you think that 'some of the worst perfomances from a Swansea team in the last 10 years' have really been since Frankie took over, I really don't believe you have been watching the Swans for that period of time.
FG is here to stay! on 13:17 - May 11 with 16047 viewsPegojack

Let's face it, whoever we appoint as manager going forward, it's a gamble which may come off or it may not.

I've been less than impressed with some of the performances we've put in under Guidolin, and felt he was too cautious in his starting line up in some games, notably Leicester away. But the table doesn't lie - he achieved what he came to do (save us from the drop) and he's done it with flying colours. Think about the managers who have failed to do that in recent times, like Felix Magath at Fulham, and you realize it's not an easy task, so we shouldn't carp about how he's done it.

Can he succeed with a clean slate at the start of the new season? Time will tell. I'll be backing him anyway, and hoping for the best.
FG is here to stay! on 13:20 - May 11 with 16039 viewsshandyjack

6 wins in 10, including Away to Arsenal and West Ham and Home to Chelsea and Liverpool. I can forgive two poor performances against New and Leicester.
The Villa and Norwich games that people criticize him for baffles me, we got 6 pts from 6 in those two games at a time we were struggling to pick up any pts.

Poll: Expectation for the season

FG is here to stay! on 14:20 - May 11 with 15953 viewsbostondanvers

FG is here to stay! on 13:17 - May 11 by pencoedjack

We didn't get outplayed by Villa it was just an awful game .... We won which at the time was all that was required.

If you think that 'some of the worst perfomances from a Swansea team in the last 10 years' have really been since Frankie took over, I really don't believe you have been watching the Swans for that period of time.

Ok lets agree to disagree we both want whats best for the team - I personally don't think he's the man but there you are they have chosen him - if he decides to take it.
Just a point I have missed 3 games in all the time we have been at the Liberty (due to holidays) and I have watched the Swans for over 50 years, the first game being against Barrow in the FA cup which we won 4-0 and went onto beat Liverpool and then lose to Prerston in the semi-final. - so I think I might call myself a fan
FG is here to stay! on 14:50 - May 11 with 15873 viewsHighjack

Yeah it wasn't pretty at times but when you pick up points when confidence is low and you aren't playing well it's got to be judged a success. He's done a lot better than a so called 'elite' manager Benitez has done at Newcastle who were in exactly the same situation as us at the time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FG is here to stay! on 14:53 - May 11 with 15854 viewsjeza739

FG is here to stay! on 13:20 - May 11 by shandyjack

6 wins in 10, including Away to Arsenal and West Ham and Home to Chelsea and Liverpool. I can forgive two poor performances against New and Leicester.
The Villa and Norwich games that people criticize him for baffles me, we got 6 pts from 6 in those two games at a time we were struggling to pick up any pts.

Absolutely
FG is here to stay! on 14:53 - May 11 with 15851 viewsoldcob

I don't think he's even got a glass.
FG is here to stay! on 14:57 - May 11 with 15832 viewsDafyddHuw

Wonder if he'll go 3 at the back next season?

Amat, Ash, Fed
FG is here to stay! on 15:03 - May 11 with 15813 viewsLegend83

FG is here to stay! on 13:06 - May 11 by jeza739

And the result of the villa game was............
would you rather have played them off the park and lost?
Especially at such a critical time

Bournemouth comes to mind when Guido was in hospital...
FG is here to stay! on 15:05 - May 11 with 15801 viewsDr_Winston

FG is here to stay! on 15:03 - May 11 by Legend83

Bournemouth comes to mind when Guido was in hospital...

I'm not sure how anyone can state that two games in which we won are amongst our worst performances this decade and expect to be taken even remotely seriously.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FG is here to stay! on 15:11 - May 11 with 15778 viewsLegend83

FG is here to stay! on 15:05 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure how anyone can state that two games in which we won are amongst our worst performances this decade and expect to be taken even remotely seriously.

Indeed.
FG is here to stay! on 15:33 - May 11 with 15725 viewspencoedjack

FG is here to stay! on 15:05 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

We had a full season of the same type football under Sousa (so within the last decade)

Winning however we done it against Villa / Norwich was all that mattered.
FG is here to stay! on 11:15 - Oct 6 with 14937 viewsbostondanvers

Well pencoedjack here we are in October and the manager has gone which I feared would happen as per my posting - whose glass is half full now !!!
FG is here to stay! on 11:36 - Oct 6 with 14852 viewsjack247

FG is here to stay! on 11:15 - Oct 6 by bostondanvers

Well pencoedjack here we are in October and the manager has gone which I feared would happen as per my posting - whose glass is half full now !!!

I'm just guessing by your username that you are American and therefore know a bit more about Bob than most of us.

Do you think he is an improvement on Guidolin? Genuine question. I don't, but I'm only judging him on his track record. Hoping someone can convince me there is more to him than that
FG is here to stay! on 11:38 - Oct 6 with 14839 viewsDarran

I loves a good bump me

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FG is here to stay! on 12:37 - Oct 6 with 14676 viewspencoedjack

If your bob gets the same type of results that Frankie got in the 2nd half of last season my glass will indeed be half full.

Like a lot of others 'real Swansea fans" I am a little bit disappointed with the treatment of FG by our club at the moment.

I guess if it goes tits up you will move along to the next PL club who takes your fancy at the time 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024