Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garage services help required 11:45 - Aug 5 with 2267 viewsnavyjack

Recently returned home on summer leave. Taken car to Halfords Llanelli for service and MOT as I used an online voucher.

They just phoned to say it failed on wiper blades,headlights (wrong colour?) and brake discs and pads (front and rear). Quoted 700 quid to sort out. Im no expert but that seems ridiculous.

Just bought all parts on the list online for 94 quid. Any recommendations for fitting these parts and retesting?. Im based in Llanelli but willing to travel to a).not get ripped off and b).give my trade to honest mechanics.

Im sure there is a thread on this subject if I look hard enough so apologies in advance for my laziness in not trawling through.

Any help/recommendations gratefully accepted. I need it done next week as I return to Plymouth next weekend.

Cheers.
Garage services help required on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 2251 viewsCooperman

Go to Panteg Garage in Felinfoel (behind the petrol station). Tell them you were about to be ripped off by Halfords and ask them to get you sorted. They are an honest bunch.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Garage services help required on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 2221 viewsDDCH

Alex Lewis in Llandewi, Gower is superb, but may be a bit far out, unless you take the opportunity to spend the day down Gower.

http://www.alexlewismotors.co.uk/

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Garage services help required on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 2216 viewsMrSwansea

Use Panteg through work, good guys.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Garage services help required on 13:28 - Aug 5 with 2162 viewsDyfnant

Someone in work took their cars there for a 'winter check' and was told it needed pads all round. They had previously signed up for some brakes for life deal with them though and when this was mentioned the brakes were suddenly ok.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Garage services help required on 13:51 - Aug 5 with 2144 viewsItchySphincter

Someone will tell you different but West End will sort you out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Garage services help required on 14:13 - Aug 5 with 2121 viewslifelong

I recently used David Coe garage in Gorseinon, found them to be very good.
Garage services help required on 14:16 - Aug 5 with 2117 viewsDevz00

Garage services help required on 13:51 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

Someone will tell you different but West End will sort you out.

My missus used to use West End and they were good.

I've always used Sprint Fit in Trostre. They are tidy and are always honest about things needing to be replaced.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Garage services help required on 14:32 - Aug 5 with 2090 viewsjojaca

Garage services help required on 14:16 - Aug 5 by Devz00

My missus used to use West End and they were good.

I've always used Sprint Fit in Trostre. They are tidy and are always honest about things needing to be replaced.

West End, very good.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024