Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester play Chesterfield 19:23 - Oct 17 with 919 viewsdurham_exile

FA Cup 1st Round

Ched Evans
Bring it on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester play Chesterfield on 01:32 - Oct 19 with 855 viewsdurham_exile

Frankly I am sick and tired of Ched Evans

Now he is threatening action against the FA for moving the England U21 game v Norway from Chesterfield to Colchester.

Well it was played England won 6-1 and it in no way prejudiced his retrial.

More than ever I want the U's to see the Spireites off in the fa cup.

Up the U's

and down with Evans

Durham_exile

Colchester play Chesterfield on 13:27 - Oct 19 with 839 viewsLeadbelly

And, inexplicably to me at least, he received rapturous applause from Chesterfield fans when he came on as a sub last night. He certainly won't be getting that from me if he plays in the FA Cup (if I'm there).

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Colchester play Chesterfield on 18:49 - Oct 24 with 779 viewsFruitbat

Only east and west stands open. Bumper crowd expected?
Colchester play Chesterfield on 18:57 - Oct 24 with 775 viewsLeadbelly

Indeed. Still undecided whether to attend but I don't suppose they'll open the south stand just for me.

Colchester play Chesterfield on 19:43 - Oct 24 with 769 viewsLeadbelly

Just had a look at prices. £16.50 in advance, £20 on the day. Does the club actually want fans to attend?

On Saturday the attendance was the lowest this season. Our bus arrived just before kick off and there were still loads of empty spaces in the car park. Also, no stewards managing the car park exit at the end of the game.

All this is symptomatic of the malaise I perceive is affecting the club. It actually matters not at all whether there is a malaise because my perception, along with that of many others, is that there is and people are voting with there feet.

However laudable the chairman's aim of a self sufficient club supported by proceeds from the sale of academy products may be I fear that his unwavering pursuit of his "philosophy" is doing genuine harm. The football is crap, too many new players seem to be injured on a permanent basis, those that do play look bereft of confidence and we have yet another unproven manager who, so far, doesn't look like he'll do any better than previous incumbents under this chairman.

We have had a steady decline since we left Layer Road. I don't buy the theory that we punched above our weight for 18 years in League 1 and the Championship and have now returned to our natural level. We aren't crippled by debt from developing the new ground because the council did that. Things should be really positive but they aren't.

At what point will the chairman admit his vision is flawed? Or can someone tell me when we will start to see the benefits of the way the club is being run at the moment?

Colchester play Chesterfield on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 757 viewsbwildered

Prices have to be agreed by both clubs - might be incorrect, but think the FA also have to recommend / advise the rates .
Note that STH in both West & East stands will not have their seats reserved - why not , has still enough alternative seats for those who have to migrate from elsewhere !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Colchester play Chesterfield on 21:15 - Oct 24 with 748 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester play Chesterfield on 19:43 - Oct 24 by Leadbelly

Just had a look at prices. £16.50 in advance, £20 on the day. Does the club actually want fans to attend?

On Saturday the attendance was the lowest this season. Our bus arrived just before kick off and there were still loads of empty spaces in the car park. Also, no stewards managing the car park exit at the end of the game.

All this is symptomatic of the malaise I perceive is affecting the club. It actually matters not at all whether there is a malaise because my perception, along with that of many others, is that there is and people are voting with there feet.

However laudable the chairman's aim of a self sufficient club supported by proceeds from the sale of academy products may be I fear that his unwavering pursuit of his "philosophy" is doing genuine harm. The football is crap, too many new players seem to be injured on a permanent basis, those that do play look bereft of confidence and we have yet another unproven manager who, so far, doesn't look like he'll do any better than previous incumbents under this chairman.

We have had a steady decline since we left Layer Road. I don't buy the theory that we punched above our weight for 18 years in League 1 and the Championship and have now returned to our natural level. We aren't crippled by debt from developing the new ground because the council did that. Things should be really positive but they aren't.

At what point will the chairman admit his vision is flawed? Or can someone tell me when we will start to see the benefits of the way the club is being run at the moment?

Brilliant post. Cowling is absolutely destroying this club, and nothing will change until he sells up.

mfb

Colchester play Chesterfield on 21:30 - Oct 24 with 746 viewsthrillseeker

Colchester play Chesterfield on 21:15 - Oct 24 by mfb_cufc

Brilliant post. Cowling is absolutely destroying this club, and nothing will change until he sells up.

I agree mfb but who in their right mind would want to purchase a Dvision 4 football team.

I am sure RC is not trying to destroy the club but it is stubbornness that will.

The Humes re-appointment after his spectacular failure as a manager still annoys me and the continual process of appointing YES men as manager/ coach and in off field positions is another sore point with me
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 21:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester play Chesterfield on 17:31 - Oct 31 with 642 viewsLeadbelly

Colchester play Chesterfield on 20:32 - Oct 24 by bwildered

Prices have to be agreed by both clubs - might be incorrect, but think the FA also have to recommend / advise the rates .
Note that STH in both West & East stands will not have their seats reserved - why not , has still enough alternative seats for those who have to migrate from elsewhere !

The FA have no say, other than setting minimum ticket prices. See below.

Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the
prices of admission subject to the following conditions:
(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children
and senior citizens) to matches shall be:
In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00
In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00
In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00
In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00
In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00
(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.
The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed
by both clubs.
(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed
between the Clubs concerned.

Colchester play Chesterfield on 18:15 - Oct 31 with 631 viewsbwildered

MINIMUM charges quoted Lead, wonder how many matches in any round will charge this amount ? Perhaps a televised game only ?

Colchester play Chesterfield on 21:37 - Oct 31 with 620 viewsLeadbelly

Colchester play Chesterfield on 18:15 - Oct 31 by bwildered

MINIMUM charges quoted Lead, wonder how many matches in any round will charge this amount ? Perhaps a televised game only ?

I doubt there will be many, certainly not involving Col U. Would be an interesting experiment to see the club actually try it though.

Colchester play Chesterfield on 20:22 - Nov 2 with 582 viewsLeadbelly

Colchester play Chesterfield on 17:31 - Oct 31 by Leadbelly

The FA have no say, other than setting minimum ticket prices. See below.

Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the
prices of admission subject to the following conditions:
(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children
and senior citizens) to matches shall be:
In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00
In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00
In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00
In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00
In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00
(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.
The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed
by both clubs.
(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed
between the Clubs concerned.

Clearly I found an out of date version of FA Cup rules on the internet. Ticket pricing in the competition proper is actually the sole preserve of the home club. Apologies for misleading information...not intentional.

Colchester play Chesterfield on 19:50 - Nov 3 with 541 viewswessex_exile

Colchester play Chesterfield on 21:37 - Oct 31 by Leadbelly

I doubt there will be many, certainly not involving Col U. Would be an interesting experiment to see the club actually try it though.

Can you imagine the outcry if the Dog and Duck XI drew Man U at Old Trafford in the 3rd round, and Man U proposed £15 ticket prices?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Colchester play Chesterfield on 20:26 - Nov 3 with 535 viewsLeadbelly

Colchester play Chesterfield on 19:50 - Nov 3 by wessex_exile

Can you imagine the outcry if the Dog and Duck XI drew Man U at Old Trafford in the 3rd round, and Man U proposed £15 ticket prices?

Certainly from the Dog and Duck owners!

Forces of supply and demand would, of course, dictate that higher admission prices were charged. I'm afraid Col U isn't faced with such problems. Charging the minimum possible would, I'm sure, be viewed by the club as a gamble but I'm not convinced it would reduce revenue more than the decision to close the south stand for the game on Saturday.

Colchester play Chesterfield on 12:11 - Nov 4 with 509 viewsBlueStripes

By closing the South stand, the club has merely compounded the likelihood of a really low attendance, and by charging league prices for this match is just ridiculous. I'll be surprised if more than 2000 bother to turn out for this and I certainly won't be one of them!
Colchester play Chesterfield on 21:38 - Nov 4 with 476 viewsbwildered

If the away side insist in a higher price than the recommended minimum, this must be to their advantage in not playing in front of a more partisan crowd ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024