Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm back............. 14:54 - Oct 19 with 454 viewsgerry_us

.....and what a miserable return for the U's during my time out of the country.

P5 W0 D2 L3 Pts 2 Goals for 2 against 6 and that does not include the recent Mickey Mouse Cup result.

Normally my departure from these shores bring a string of good results. What happened? Are the U's currently as abject as results tend to show or is this just a "temporary blip"?
I'm back............. on 16:50 - Oct 19 with 446 viewsnoah4x4

Played well at Carlisle and particularly at Donny, just didn't get the result.

Home performances pretty awful, not helped by injury and other absence. But I perceive John McGreal is slowly getting to grips with his best starting XI. Arsene Wenger always said start with emphasis on defence and despite these three defeats that aspect has improved. Last year we would have shipped 3 goals a game.

Forward, whilst arguably our two most skilful players, Guthrie and Fosu simply can't play together. We end up with zero width and no shape, notably when Drey Wright also wants to play like an inside forward. But with Bonne back and Sembie-Ferris on fire for the U23s we have new options. Get Lapslie, Dickenson and Garvan fit and we will soar up the table.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 16:51]
I'm back............. on 19:33 - Oct 19 with 422 viewsgerry_us

I'm back............. on 16:50 - Oct 19 by noah4x4

Played well at Carlisle and particularly at Donny, just didn't get the result.

Home performances pretty awful, not helped by injury and other absence. But I perceive John McGreal is slowly getting to grips with his best starting XI. Arsene Wenger always said start with emphasis on defence and despite these three defeats that aspect has improved. Last year we would have shipped 3 goals a game.

Forward, whilst arguably our two most skilful players, Guthrie and Fosu simply can't play together. We end up with zero width and no shape, notably when Drey Wright also wants to play like an inside forward. But with Bonne back and Sembie-Ferris on fire for the U23s we have new options. Get Lapslie, Dickenson and Garvan fit and we will soar up the table.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 16:51]

Thanks for the positive thought Noah. Hopefully your positive thoughts will be rewarded in the coming weeks. Especially glad that Bonne has been recalled. I would start with him and Sembie-Ferris every game. They may not last 90 minutes but they would certainly liven the game up while they were on...and Bonne is NOT a winger!
I'm back............. on 20:24 - Oct 19 with 420 viewsdurham_exile

I'm back............. on 19:33 - Oct 19 by gerry_us

Thanks for the positive thought Noah. Hopefully your positive thoughts will be rewarded in the coming weeks. Especially glad that Bonne has been recalled. I would start with him and Sembie-Ferris every game. They may not last 90 minutes but they would certainly liven the game up while they were on...and Bonne is NOT a winger!

Gerry welcome back.

Hope you enjoyed your transatlantic crossing.

The U's have certainly been becalmed while you have been away but I expect the next two games to be plain sailing.

Back to back wins against Morecambe and Plymouth will do the trick.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

I'm back............. on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 389 viewsgerry_us

I'm back............. on 20:24 - Oct 19 by durham_exile

Gerry welcome back.

Hope you enjoyed your transatlantic crossing.

The U's have certainly been becalmed while you have been away but I expect the next two games to be plain sailing.

Back to back wins against Morecambe and Plymouth will do the trick.

Up the U's

Certainly becalmed on the way back, not a whitecap in sight the whole week...boring when not watching people throw up .
Nice play on words though Durham. Hope you are correct. When's our next meet?

Oooo! Just looked at fixtures; Mansfield?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 17:17]
I'm back............. on 22:54 - Oct 20 with 365 viewsdurham_exile

I'm back............. on 17:16 - Oct 20 by gerry_us

Certainly becalmed on the way back, not a whitecap in sight the whole week...boring when not watching people throw up .
Nice play on words though Durham. Hope you are correct. When's our next meet?

Oooo! Just looked at fixtures; Mansfield?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 17:17]

Hi Gerry,

I may be at Field Mill otherwise:

All Aways unless otherwise stated!

Plymouth 29 Oct
Blackpool 4 Feb
Accrington 18 Feb
Grimsby 28 Feb
Crewe 18 Mar
Notts Co 1 Apr
Morecambe 17 Apr
Plymouth (Home) 22 Apr