Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park 22:47 - Oct 28 with 775 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his charges to the league leaders this weekend. After a 7 match winless run, albeit that our performances (notably against Doncaster and Morecambe) have merited better outcomes, an away win is surely due.

JM has stated that he is going with the aim of securing victory and providing they play more like the second half at Donny Rovers, then there is every chance of upsetting the form book.

The injuries continue to mount but there is some good news from Tony Flynn that Dickenson, Loft and Lapslie are back in training and not before time.

Having travelled down today to our eldest son's in Cornwall in readiness for the match tomorrow and travelling behind the Team coach near Taunton Deane for a while, I have decided that this was a happy omen ahead of the game.

Derek Adams has overseen the Argyle revival and they are looking to emulate one of the great Plymouth teams of the past. If we have any ideas of a revival then victory at Home Park would be a monumental step in the right direction.

Team

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Wynter

Wright Slater Szmodics Guthrie Fosu

Porter

Subs
Bransgrove Doyley Vincent-Young Sembie-Ferris Kamara Johnstone Bonne

A large expectant crowd, good playing surface and with warm sunshine, the travelling Roman Army aka the faithful will be in good voice and I am sure will be in celebratory mood at 4.50 on Saturday.

Safe journey.

Enjoy The game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 17:43 - Oct 29 with 696 viewsgerry_us

Please tell me it wasn't another Big Sam blooper!
Had been hoping Bransgrove would be given an opportunity this week. Sometime soon surely?
Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 19:45 - Oct 29 with 651 viewsmfb_cufc

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 17:43 - Oct 29 by gerry_us

Please tell me it wasn't another Big Sam blooper!
Had been hoping Bransgrove would be given an opportunity this week. Sometime soon surely?

Not quite a bloomer, but the Plymouth second goal came after Prosser under hit a back pass, and Walker hit his intended clearance straight at their player, and into the net. More of a fluke than a Walker bloomer.

mfb

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 21:36 - Oct 29 with 607 viewsnoah4x4

Gutted. We were in ascendancy until referee injured. Ball went out off a Plymouth defender. But new referee allows Plymouth to take throw in; U's on back foot, 30 second later we are behind. Poor back pass under pressure from Prosser; Walker attempt to clear; hits attacker; absolutely no control by him, ball lobs into our net. Truly unlucky, like at Doncaster. 3-5-2 worked well, but Drey Wright is a vulnerability. Looses ball too easily. A good performance, our fortunes must surely change soon.

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 17:21 - Oct 31 with 456 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 21:36 - Oct 29 by noah4x4

Gutted. We were in ascendancy until referee injured. Ball went out off a Plymouth defender. But new referee allows Plymouth to take throw in; U's on back foot, 30 second later we are behind. Poor back pass under pressure from Prosser; Walker attempt to clear; hits attacker; absolutely no control by him, ball lobs into our net. Truly unlucky, like at Doncaster. 3-5-2 worked well, but Drey Wright is a vulnerability. Looses ball too easily. A good performance, our fortunes must surely change soon.

“I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?”

So enquired Napoleon Bonaparte. I don't think he was talking about Col U though.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 17:20 - Nov 1 with 406 viewsbwildered

Can with apply for charitable status, due to the gifts we keep giving !
The BLIP continues, now eight without a win , sometimes you have to make your own luck, fortune favours the brave.
Who wants a cup run, rather than loiter around the play off places ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 19:25 - Nov 1 with 394 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 17:20 - Nov 1 by bwildered

Can with apply for charitable status, due to the gifts we keep giving !
The BLIP continues, now eight without a win , sometimes you have to make your own luck, fortune favours the brave.
Who wants a cup run, rather than loiter around the play off places ?

Winning can become a habit also, so a win Saturday will be a good start.
From the reports I have read, including Plymouth official site we gave a pretty good account of ourselves that can only give the guys confidence. Also Chessie are on a pretty awful run themselves so we should make the most of it. Cup run? Why not.
Bransgrove in goal? Why not.
Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 20:36 - Nov 1 with 387 viewsLeadbelly

My Orient spy assures me our winning run will start on 12 November at the latest.

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 22:22 - Nov 1 with 377 viewsmfb_cufc

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 20:36 - Nov 1 by Leadbelly

My Orient spy assures me our winning run will start on 12 November at the latest.

They are one off the bottom, but they have only lost once away, so it won't be that easy. Also Massey is bound to score against us.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 23:27 - Nov 1 with 375 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 22:22 - Nov 1 by mfb_cufc

They are one off the bottom, but they have only lost once away, so it won't be that easy. Also Massey is bound to score against us.

I'll believe in three points for a win when I see it but my Orient spy has very low expectations for his lot.

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 12:16 - Nov 4 with 330 viewsBlueStripes

Super U's to end Pilgrims winning run at Home Park on 23:27 - Nov 1 by Leadbelly

I'll believe in three points for a win when I see it but my Orient spy has very low expectations for his lot.

Can't be lower than the expectations we have for our lot!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024