Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's 08:48 - Nov 12 with 936 viewsdurham_exile

No nonsense today JM desperately needs three points and Gavin Massey notwithstanding I expect the U's to prevail.

The very good news is that Brennan Dickenson returns and he has been very sorely missed.

Team:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Wynter

Wright Slater Szmodics Dickenson

Guthrie

Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove Vincent-Young Dunne Lapslie Fosu Johnstone Bonne

Big crowd, local derby, six-pointer

Bring it on

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 09:00 - Nov 12 with 933 viewsLeadbelly

Leyton is west of Colchester, surely?

My Orient spy says they have been unimpressed by Massey who is viewed as "moody". They are woeful at home but better away. That said, anything less than a home win today will further agitate the restless natives.

Some talk of an "organised" protest against Cowling after ten minutes of the game. I'm a long way from being his biggest fan but I won't be joining in with that...if it materialises.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 10:11 - Nov 12 with 922 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 09:00 - Nov 12 by Leadbelly

Leyton is west of Colchester, surely?

My Orient spy says they have been unimpressed by Massey who is viewed as "moody". They are woeful at home but better away. That said, anything less than a home win today will further agitate the restless natives.

Some talk of an "organised" protest against Cowling after ten minutes of the game. I'm a long way from being his biggest fan but I won't be joining in with that...if it materialises.

Leadbelly East London journalistic licence

I too have read about the proposed protest
Obviously professional protestors stirred up by the media
#not our chairman

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 10:24 - Nov 12 with 920 viewsbwildered

L' Orient is east of Colchester, but Leytonstone is correctly not Lead .
Porter still no available , so hopefully Bonn gets the nod over Johnstone .
The Mcblip will continue if Guthrie plays midfield , Vincent - Young stays wide when Fosu is available and the centre halfs and keeper continue to give gifts .
Let's hope the U's wear the poppy with pride today .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 11:30 - Nov 12 with 906 viewsLeadbelly

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 10:11 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Leadbelly East London journalistic licence

I too have read about the proposed protest
Obviously professional protestors stirred up by the media
#not our chairman

Up the U's

I know. Just amusing myself with the east/west issue.

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 12:44 - Nov 12 with 886 viewsBlueStripes

Orient have only lost 1 away match all season, it's their abysmal home record that has let them down and I can see no reason why we'll be only the second team to inflict an away defeat on them today. If we lose again today and other results go against us, we could be sitting in the bottom 2 come tonight. It's all turning out to be depressingly similar to last season and if it ends in relegation again, then I think it's going to take a long time before Col U will be gracing the Football League again, if ever!
Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 14:51 - Nov 12 with 876 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 12:44 - Nov 12 by BlueStripes

Orient have only lost 1 away match all season, it's their abysmal home record that has let them down and I can see no reason why we'll be only the second team to inflict an away defeat on them today. If we lose again today and other results go against us, we could be sitting in the bottom 2 come tonight. It's all turning out to be depressingly similar to last season and if it ends in relegation again, then I think it's going to take a long time before Col U will be gracing the Football League again, if ever!

Blue stripes your message makes for grim reading.

Keep the faith, still plenty of time to turn this around.

We were better than Carlisle, Doncaster and Plymouth and should have secured points from each game.

Colchester will prevail today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 14:54 - Nov 12 with 873 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 14:51 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Blue stripes your message makes for grim reading.

Keep the faith, still plenty of time to turn this around.

We were better than Carlisle, Doncaster and Plymouth and should have secured points from each game.

Colchester will prevail today.

Up the U's

Interesting that Kamara is playing today, thought he was with Finland.

Sorry for Slater, he has been outstanding of late.

With Porter still injured goodto see Bonne starting.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 15:42 - Nov 12 with 862 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 14:54 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Interesting that Kamara is playing today, thought he was with Finland.

Sorry for Slater, he has been outstanding of late.

With Porter still injured goodto see Bonne starting.

Up the U's

Plenty to do for Col U already.

They simply have to win today.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:08 - Nov 12 with 856 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 15:42 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Plenty to do for Col U already.

They simply have to win today.

Come on,this is desperate.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:12 - Nov 12 with 852 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:08 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Come on,this is desperate.

Up the U's

Unbelievably now 2-0 down.

Difficult to imagine things getting much worse.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:15 - Nov 12 with 847 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:12 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Unbelievably now 2-0 down.

Difficult to imagine things getting much worse.

Up the U's

Why Slater was dropped is beyond me.

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:22 - Nov 12 with 844 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:15 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Why Slater was dropped is beyond me.

This is now officially another struggle against relegation.

Grim times indeed.

Desperate times.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 17:11 - Nov 12 with 822 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 16:22 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

This is now officially another struggle against relegation.

Grim times indeed.

Desperate times.

Up the U's

Amazingly Newport County won so we are now officially in the bottom two

Shocking

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 19:24 - Nov 12 with 733 viewsburnsieespana

What I can't get my head around is how for theee season we have started the seadon well but then have these deadful runs in October/November.
Starting to hope Cowling will bring in an outsider to replace the current set up. I don't generally call for our Manager to be replaced so early in his career but situation starting to look desperate.
Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 19:58 - Nov 12 with 713 viewsColukev

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 19:24 - Nov 12 by burnsieespana

What I can't get my head around is how for theee season we have started the seadon well but then have these deadful runs in October/November.
Starting to hope Cowling will bring in an outsider to replace the current set up. I don't generally call for our Manager to be replaced so early in his career but situation starting to look desperate.

Whilst I agree that we need a fresh face from outside, there is not a hope in hell of that happening.

I have been to 4 games in 2 seasons, and I will not be changing this anytime soon.

What happened to all of the optimism from 2nd season in champ, with new stadium being built? I firmly believe that was the one chance in our lifetime, and possibly the lifetime of the next generation, for the U's to really kick on and take control of east anglia no1 status and move forward.

Instead here we all are, wishing for the good old layer road days, without a pot to piss in, made up in abundance of spirit, passion and FIGHT.

It's makes me wonder the details in the contracts we give out. Surely for a club of our size contracts should be made up heavily on performance based bonuses. It seems to me the players of now, and every other season for the last decade, have been given generous wages win lose or draw. Like JM stated tonight, it's only 3 points. At least their pay checks will give them some comfort.

Bash me all you like for my 4 games attended in 2 years, but I'll be fcuked if I'm paying my HARD EARNED money to an organisation so soulless, inept, arrogant, deluded, conning, and damned.

I see no immediate cure, hope or light for what was once my beloved Colu. This isn't the club I fell in love with 20+ years ago. Maybe I'm spoilt not to have been close to the club in the conference days, but I bet there was bundles more optimism and togetherness compared to now

Whilst some may say my lack of support in this tough period is neither productive , or warranted, I'll state that I believe all you are doing is allowing the current set up to continue by lining their pockets.

I'm not turning my back on Colu, as that club has already dealt that treatment to its supporters.
This isn't right, this isn't Colu. It's most certainly not a bit of me.
'
RIP Colchester United, the only way is down.
Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 20:06 - Nov 12 with 708 viewsLeadbelly

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 19:58 - Nov 12 by Colukev

Whilst I agree that we need a fresh face from outside, there is not a hope in hell of that happening.

I have been to 4 games in 2 seasons, and I will not be changing this anytime soon.

What happened to all of the optimism from 2nd season in champ, with new stadium being built? I firmly believe that was the one chance in our lifetime, and possibly the lifetime of the next generation, for the U's to really kick on and take control of east anglia no1 status and move forward.

Instead here we all are, wishing for the good old layer road days, without a pot to piss in, made up in abundance of spirit, passion and FIGHT.

It's makes me wonder the details in the contracts we give out. Surely for a club of our size contracts should be made up heavily on performance based bonuses. It seems to me the players of now, and every other season for the last decade, have been given generous wages win lose or draw. Like JM stated tonight, it's only 3 points. At least their pay checks will give them some comfort.

Bash me all you like for my 4 games attended in 2 years, but I'll be fcuked if I'm paying my HARD EARNED money to an organisation so soulless, inept, arrogant, deluded, conning, and damned.

I see no immediate cure, hope or light for what was once my beloved Colu. This isn't the club I fell in love with 20+ years ago. Maybe I'm spoilt not to have been close to the club in the conference days, but I bet there was bundles more optimism and togetherness compared to now

Whilst some may say my lack of support in this tough period is neither productive , or warranted, I'll state that I believe all you are doing is allowing the current set up to continue by lining their pockets.

I'm not turning my back on Colu, as that club has already dealt that treatment to its supporters.
This isn't right, this isn't Colu. It's most certainly not a bit of me.
'
RIP Colchester United, the only way is down.

I have an ST for this season but I will not allow Mr Cowling to waste my money next season. Every player, member of the management team and club official should be ashamed of what transpired today. A new low as far as I'm concerned.

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 22:55 - Nov 12 with 657 viewsdurham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 20:06 - Nov 12 by Leadbelly

I have an ST for this season but I will not allow Mr Cowling to waste my money next season. Every player, member of the management team and club official should be ashamed of what transpired today. A new low as far as I'm concerned.

As bad as things are, I can't bring myself not to go to matches. It must be well and truly in the blood after 45 years!

The problem is the situation is grim and we are getting worse as a team.

Last season things were bad but Orient winning at a canter is nothing short of a disgrace. League Two teams are awful and we have slumped alarmingly.

I have 8 more games lined up this season. I am not looking forward to the unthinkable, that of successive relegations to the ranks of the Non-league clubs.

The only way is up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 23:44 - Nov 12 with 644 viewsLeadbelly

Orient arrive from the East bearing three points for the Super U's on 22:55 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

As bad as things are, I can't bring myself not to go to matches. It must be well and truly in the blood after 45 years!

The problem is the situation is grim and we are getting worse as a team.

Last season things were bad but Orient winning at a canter is nothing short of a disgrace. League Two teams are awful and we have slumped alarmingly.

I have 8 more games lined up this season. I am not looking forward to the unthinkable, that of successive relegations to the ranks of the Non-league clubs.

The only way is up.

Up the U's

Losing games is not the issue for me, nor playing in the Conference. What annoys me so much is that the current situation, as with the previous few seasons, could have been avoided so easily. One man is making the decisions and these have proved to be bad ones but it seems he cannot or will not learn from his mistakes.

If the only way was up I wouldn't be so worried.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024