Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 11:35 - Nov 26 with 1362 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 7:05]
Pete on 13:33 - Nov 26 with 1328 viewsjonestones

Said with compassion and humility. You are are a better man than me TOOT.
Pete on 13:38 - Nov 26 with 1326 viewsWessiehomesPete

That's well said, TOOT.

The 'mental health issues' comment is however a little over the top.

That subtle insertion wasn't necessary. It's as if you were waiting in what paragraph to add that unflattering dig. That would be called, in fact, slanderous and passive aggressive in some countries. In England I might actually be able to sue you.

Other than that, well written TOOT.

I gave a full disclosure about how this dumb issue escalated:

1. Posted I'm arriving for Portsmouth and Mansfield.
2. Asked politely if anyone wanted to take me in for a week, and that I would pay for the liquor and all food.
3. Became the b#tt of jokes on the OMB.
4. Felt uncomfortable for the first time in 10 years to actually stay in Colchester. Hence I decided on a hotel in Norwich. *Not going to announce which one, but its a good one.
5. Had to cancel "Bricklayers" night because I wasn't sure what know would show up to threaten me in the pub or simply wait till I left it late night.
6. Of course I'll be attending Pompey and Mansfield. But I think I'm opting for a hospitality package as that's something I've never experienced. I HAVE gotten press credentials before but if you arrive too late then all you get is tea and coffee. All the sandwiches have been gobbled up :D

I've always thought of this board as not merely a site for Colchester United talk. Some weeks? what in the world can one say? When Martha passed away a year and a half ago of cancer, it gutted me.That's one reason I wasn't in the frame of mind to visit till now.

But I was ready. Am ready. But only one week this time. I know East Anglia and London quite well at this point where I know all the things I want to do for a week, and all the places to see/eat at.. and really nice peeps to hang out with. Daniel, Pancab, MFB, Happy, Thrillo.

The Easter chockies are fantastic--which will take up a good share or my return suitcase.. Sometimes I just enjoy a day alone in my hotel enjoying British TV.

Final thought. I always buy the latest issue of Radio Times for my flight back. It's a total joy to read it cover to cover.

Ok then:P *I think your "mental" comment was quality taking the p#ss. I think what you meant that I'm too easy to respond to criticism here and I get 'Yanked" into the fray.

Let me get back to the Happy Cup and the NFL PL.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:12 - Nov 26 with 1313 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 7:07]
Pete on 15:18 - Nov 26 with 1301 viewsWessiehomesPete

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:12 - Nov 26 by TheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 7:07]

You hit it on the nail like my brother from another mother.

I dealt with a lovely Scotch girl who even bought me a kilt (red and black) one Christmas.

I've been in hospital twice in the last 7-ish years, just literally dying. *Cancer..

Surrounding myself with nice people? I have about 10-12 on this board who adore me. Even Panners, who got disgusted about posting here (so doesn't anymore), one trip over, he offered me £200 to help me make it through the next 5 days or so. I was sending Martha money and he felt sorry for me. I said to him, Mate? One of these years when I travel I'll take you up on your offer.

But I don't fly coach. I don't stay in a cheap-arse "motel." And I always pay like £300 or so on pub nights because the nutters who decide to attend know Pete is PAYING and i will need a taxi at midnight. Because I will be so sht-faced at midnight it ain't funny.

Daniel has let me sit in a beautiful seat, HIS DADS, at the WHCS.. He's taken me to the Lane (last I recall v Benfica) ..

I don't have "logical enemies" here. I feel that the haters are ones who are jealous of the fact THE ROYALTY HERE are friends, and some "outsiders" have no clue how to get inside that circle. But every Bricklayers night we invite another 1 or 2.. This is what you'd call a "closed club.' I do the invite. We now have Essex_Jim from the OMB...

BUT in March? This time it won't be at the Bricklayers. I have 3 other pubs in mind. Good luck with sussing where.

If you promise to behave, I'll probably pay for about 4-6 pints.

Again, go on then. I'm such an interesting topic of conversation. That tells you how nervous we are about our wonderful U's.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 15:24]
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:03 - Nov 26 with 1274 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 7:09]
Pete on 18:04 - Nov 26 with 1242 viewsWessiehomesPete

It's all good, TOOT..

Interesting way to say it, an In your face American.. But I'm totally humble when I visit. I don't antagonize anyone.

Anyway....

WOW!! 4-nil! :D

After every goal I nearly spit up on my U's Player (laptop)

Where in the world did a 4-zip come from?? :D ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024