Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 11:28 - Nov 28 with 1822 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 6 May 2022 18:48]
All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 16:24 - Nov 28 with 1779 viewsWessiehomesPete

I personally don't dislike you. Although all your posts are gone from that thread including the subject line, you made good points. But you made one very offensive point that seem to come out of left field, as we say here.

The Hitler stamps. Have you read that thread between the lines and inside the lines??

I mainly deal in comic books and cards--so happens the old Amazing Spider-Man, early Daredevil, and Fantastic Four comics are very popular with collectors.

But what can I say. about 40 years ago when I lived in *cough* Furth (near Nurnberg) as an army brat, I collected German stamps. All my friends were German. I spoke mainly German. I somehow have 8 H##ler stamps. Not sure how the conversation came up, but it might have been as a result of this right-wing freak Trump who was elected. I was dealing with a separate issue about my eBay store. (I'm not just a seller; I have have an actual tiny eBay store.. and trust me, there are NO H##ler stamps for sale :D:D

My Granddad, God rest his soul (he passed away about 25 years ago) was a partizan meaning when the N@z@s captured him or the Russians captured him he was up sh#t creek.

He gave me this 'H' commemorative silver coin. Last year I threw it in a trash bag with old leftover food, beer bottles, you name it. I was embarrassed to have it. I was looking at my coin collection and was like, what?? I have this thing??

So back on the other point. I do have Deutsches Reich stamps. Pretty much none all offensive. For the era they're truly cool stamps. They would not bother anyone and they're tiny works of art, frankly.

But this woman pushed my buttons.. in the Philippines I think. She's like, are you one of those Trump voters? I said back, why are you asking me this? She says to me, Well, I'm tired of immigrants. We need to take our countries back..

I said, I don't know what you mean. The ENTIRE USA is composed of immigrants from New York to California.

So then I said to her, I have 8 "H" stamps. Can I list them? She said yes --and was a little too enthusiastic about saying so.. Then I asked to speak with supervisor. He said, Sure that's fine.. Then as a journo I called em and filed a formal complaint.

That's the update on the H stamps. I've filed a formal and proper compliant with eBay--and since I'm a store, not just a seller, I had my attorney draft the complaint.

Back to the Old Oak Tree point.

I have no issues with you. I've NEVER in my years said something bad at you.
I'm getting tired of talking about myself. But a few people posted things where it had to stay flying up in the air or I'd reply (which what I believe they wanted)

But know what? I could see in the last 3-4 days a "thaw." A few were merely reading one thread and not the context of the others.

I'm all in, Peeps. God Help Me, Pompey and Mansfield... Honestly, does everyone even know where the 'eck Mansfield is? I've looked. You could not pay me to do an away at Mansfield :)

I have Not One Person on Block here. No one. I want to read what you think. If one or two have me on block, so be it.

Keeping the Faith.

Up the U's. (Am I Durham in disguise, hmm, but under a different email? LOL.. let's open that Can of Worms ;) ... It's a JOKE PETE.. I want to see if anyone bites :D
All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. (n/t) on 17:27 - Nov 28 with 1765 viewsTheOldOakTree

All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 18:26 - Nov 28 with 1739 viewsWessiehomesPete

All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. (n/t) on 17:27 - Nov 28 by TheOldOakTree

No. All good TOOT. Your paragraphs were incredibly smart. I think you said something which I understand why you did say it the way you did.

You and me are all ok :):D But I do understand where you were coming from....

Your smarts are always welcome here. I have plenty of spine to take on a reply. I'm not going to shrivel... Your posts were outstanding. Because you addressed other posters ... And we've lost a few posters because they get insulted and feel 100% insulted and uncomfortable.

Know what? I'm here. I suffer along with everyone else as a U's Fan.

Up the U's.
All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 14:42 - Dec 2 with 1649 viewsjonestones

Dear TOOT,

I have thought long and hard before responding to your message as I have a lot of respect for you and your contributions to this site. I also do not want to inflame another argument. So I hope my responses do not cause offence, as that is not my intention.

First, I will instigate the block or ignore advice from now on as it saddens me to think that others may have been ‘frightened’ off from posting because of opposing negative views. I will therefore follow your advice, even if it was shouted ;) , and try to block and ignore. I will also remove myself from the Happy Cup.

However, as much as I agree that we should all be allowed to post our thoughts and feelings onto the web, I’m not sure I agree that we should just let comments that we find disagreeable go unchallenged, and carry on in a Neville Chamberlain style. I agree that the board’s moderators, and not us, ultimately have responsibility to censor inflammatory messages. However, if we all have the right to post our thoughts on here, do not all board members also have the right to challenge views that we do not agree with? Obviously I grant you that this is dependent on whether we can respond in non-insulting and nonthreatening manner. The question remains though, if we all just blindly agreed with each other, or walked away from comments that we didn’t like, would there be much to talk about?

I also read with interest your comments about a bullying. Although I do not personally believe that bullying has occurred on here or on the OMB, I do not wish to be seen as someone who sympathies with, or is part of, online bullying. And will therefore adopt an ignore or block attitude as you suggest.

My only fear now is that, if we all adopt your suggested ignore or block mentality, the board will be flooded with an influx of similar threads. But, as you point out, it is not my responsibility to say who can and can’t post on here.

I respect your honest opinions TOOT and I hope my response has not caused you any offence.

Regards,

JT

P.S on the side, is it racist to call someone an ‘American idiot’? As long as them come from America and you are not making an implication that all Americans are stupid, isn’t it just an insult. Still not nice to be called an idiot I grant you.
All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 15:36 - Dec 2 with 1636 viewsWessiehomesPete

This is getting stupid.

This is even continually becoming harassment and bullying.

This why I'm staying at a hotel in Norwich and feel nervous about being in Colchester.

This is becoming unbelievable..
All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 15:39 - Dec 2 with 1634 viewsWessiehomesPete

All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 14:42 - Dec 2 by jonestones

Dear TOOT,

I have thought long and hard before responding to your message as I have a lot of respect for you and your contributions to this site. I also do not want to inflame another argument. So I hope my responses do not cause offence, as that is not my intention.

First, I will instigate the block or ignore advice from now on as it saddens me to think that others may have been ‘frightened’ off from posting because of opposing negative views. I will therefore follow your advice, even if it was shouted ;) , and try to block and ignore. I will also remove myself from the Happy Cup.

However, as much as I agree that we should all be allowed to post our thoughts and feelings onto the web, I’m not sure I agree that we should just let comments that we find disagreeable go unchallenged, and carry on in a Neville Chamberlain style. I agree that the board’s moderators, and not us, ultimately have responsibility to censor inflammatory messages. However, if we all have the right to post our thoughts on here, do not all board members also have the right to challenge views that we do not agree with? Obviously I grant you that this is dependent on whether we can respond in non-insulting and nonthreatening manner. The question remains though, if we all just blindly agreed with each other, or walked away from comments that we didn’t like, would there be much to talk about?

I also read with interest your comments about a bullying. Although I do not personally believe that bullying has occurred on here or on the OMB, I do not wish to be seen as someone who sympathies with, or is part of, online bullying. And will therefore adopt an ignore or block attitude as you suggest.

My only fear now is that, if we all adopt your suggested ignore or block mentality, the board will be flooded with an influx of similar threads. But, as you point out, it is not my responsibility to say who can and can’t post on here.

I respect your honest opinions TOOT and I hope my response has not caused you any offence.

Regards,

JT

P.S on the side, is it racist to call someone an ‘American idiot’? As long as them come from America and you are not making an implication that all Americans are stupid, isn’t it just an insult. Still not nice to be called an idiot I grant you.

But you see what is happening, Jones.

I'm running a simple PL, NFL and Happy Cup...

Could a few of you get off my back??

There is unheard of hate at me.... Do enjoy life in the Conference. Wow...
All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 19:28 - Dec 2 with 1614 viewswessex_exile

Staying out of the main debate, with regard to your PS JT - technically no, but it might be deemed an unnecessary qualification - if you consider someone an idiot, their race, creed, ethnicity, nationality, faith, gender, sexuality etc. is an irrelevance. Whilst I know you well, and know you don't have a racist bone in your body, replace "american" with (for instance) "black" and that would be my point.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 23:21 - Dec 2 with 1579 viewsWessiehomesPete

I'm shocked by some of the pull-back..

It is 100% clear that there was a dumb misunderstanding...

I feel welcome again in Colch-Land :D:D

I may actually toilet my Nodge v Rovers!! :D

Oh brother!!

Wow... I can't tell you how much I feel comfortable again.

Thank you Mates. :)
Login to get fewer ads

All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. (n/t) on 13:26 - Dec 3 with 1545 viewsTheOldOakTree

All you have to do is ignore or block the people you don’t like. on 19:28 - Dec 2 by wessex_exile

Staying out of the main debate, with regard to your PS JT - technically no, but it might be deemed an unnecessary qualification - if you consider someone an idiot, their race, creed, ethnicity, nationality, faith, gender, sexuality etc. is an irrelevance. Whilst I know you well, and know you don't have a racist bone in your body, replace "american" with (for instance) "black" and that would be my point.

[Post edited 6 May 2022 18:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024