Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday 16:30 - Dec 9 with 564 viewsdurham_exile

After an enforced two-week layoff, JM takes his revitalised charges to Steve Evans’ Mansfield Town on Saturday for a rare visit.

Indeed, the last time that I visited Field Mill was in 1996 when we won 2-1 with a Joe Dunne 90th minute winner.

Now there has been a lot of nonsense on the site questioning the location of Mansfield with one errant contributor apparently not being aware of their existence. How he would have coped with Bedlington Terriers is another matter entirely.

Mansfield, the Stags, are managed by Steve Evans and have just triumphed at Carlisle in the EFL.

Make no mistake therefore this will be a tough encounter, but I feel that Colchester are at last getting back to their early season form and will be buoyed by their vastly improved recent performances.

JM would also do well to consider that with players still recovering from injury, he should maintain a settled team that has served him so well against Cheltenham and Crewe.

Walker

Brindley Eastman Kent Elokobi

Dickenson Slater Garvan Lapslie

Guthrie Johnstone

Subs

Wright Vincent-Young Wynter Bonne Barnes Fosu Kamara

Please note that the match is all-ticket and a decent crowd is expected. The faithful will be present in force and should still be in good form at 4.50pm tomorrow.

Safe journey, enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 18:47 - Dec 10 with 462 viewsWessiehomesPete

And here I fly over to on a Tuesday night attend Colchester v Mansfield. Good grief.

There better be some serious pints at the Bricklayers starting at 4...

At least looks like we won't be relegated. Small consolation.
Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 19:33 - Dec 10 with 455 viewswessex_exile

The U's faithful were loud and proud on U's Player, respect to all for their support. Maybe we could have snatched a late winner, but given the pressure the scabs put us under for most of the game, coming away with a point and another clean sheet feels like a very good result tonight.

Onwards and upwards - Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 20:49 - Dec 10 with 439 viewsburnsieespana

Well done to Col U today keeping the third clean sheet on the bounce. Must be an awful longtime since that last happened.
Also well done to the 250 odd fans who went and supported the boys.
Be good to hear about how our three central defenders operated.
Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 22:18 - Dec 10 with 420 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 20:49 - Dec 10 by burnsieespana

Well done to Col U today keeping the third clean sheet on the bounce. Must be an awful longtime since that last happened.
Also well done to the 250 odd fans who went and supported the boys.
Be good to hear about how our three central defenders operated.

Greggors on U's Player, restricted to just two nominations for his MoM award, picked Kent and Elokobi, but wanted to include Eastman as well - let's not get ahead of ourselves, but after 3 clean sheets this is all very promising.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 07:31 - Dec 11 with 392 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 22:18 - Dec 10 by wessex_exile

Greggors on U's Player, restricted to just two nominations for his MoM award, picked Kent and Elokobi, but wanted to include Eastman as well - let's not get ahead of ourselves, but after 3 clean sheets this is all very promising.

On the CUSA bus home Kent won MOM in an (almost) unique clean sweep; speaking of which that was his role. We played a back three, but he at the rear- most, almost sweeper like, marshalling the line etc. Brilliant!

What wasn't brilliant was the usual deplorable refereeing of Darren Deadman. Is it any coincidence both he and Graham Kettle live in Peterborough? Somebody needs to investigate the consistent anti Colchester Utd bias of these two.
Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 08:28 - Dec 11 with 385 viewsjonestones

Sounds like you should do a match report Noah. 😉 You might as well, you've nearly done half of it already!
Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 17:33 - Dec 11 with 335 viewsnoah4x4

I ceased doing them because I got fed up with abuse from those that felt I wasn't a proper U's fan if I didn't moan about owner, manager, players, stewards, ball boys, ground, pies, bus service.......
Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 18:12 - Dec 11 with 326 viewsWessiehomesPete

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 17:33 - Dec 11 by noah4x4

I ceased doing them because I got fed up with abuse from those that felt I wasn't a proper U's fan if I didn't moan about owner, manager, players, stewards, ball boys, ground, pies, bus service.......

Good on ya Noah.

Do you remember the abuse I got by mentioning I saw you on the BBC?? It's like I was outing you as your segment was brilliant! True, wan't long, but in context it was important..

I WILL be attending Mansfield in March (who the 'eck flies in to see Mansfield :D .. It would be fun to do a report by a Yank.

I'm going to have to do some research because there has to be some interesting back-story.

In March, mid-table will do me just fine ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 19:54 - Dec 11 with 309 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 17:33 - Dec 11 by noah4x4

Personally I really miss your in-depth match reports Noah and I reckon there are many boarders that feel the same. I understand why you stopped and it was a shame that a small minority spoiled it for the rest of us. I used to look forward to reading what was an informative and alternative reflection on the match.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to leave Stags in a rut at Field Mill on Saturday on 20:40 - Dec 11 with 299 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ditto.
Splendid stuff

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024