Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS 22:21 - Dec 16 with 753 viewsdurham_exile

JM leads his revitalised charges against Notts County on Saturday in an eminently winnable game. Despite the disappointment of seeing Sammy Szmodics injured again following his brief return from the bench last weekend, JM should be able to name an unchanged team for the fourth successive match.

Doug Loft, who this week announced that incredibly he had been injured for two years but played through it, is closer to a return and Matt Briggs is also back in training.

Notts County meanwhile are up for sale and in some disarray on and off the field, this should not in any way affect our preparations for the game. Tomorrow is all about securing three valuable points to maintain our surge up the table and ahead of the potentially difficult game at Kenilworth Road.

Liverpool have secured the services of Jack Bearne from Notts County for £150K this week, unsurprising perhaps, but young Bearne is only 15 years of age. Such are their financial woes that all assets are being cashed in.

John Sheridan will also be keen to end a depressing run of defeats. Their Captain Michael O'Connor lost his appeal against last weekend's red card and will miss the next three games. Again we should not be distracted by any on or off field issues. It is all about the result.

The Super U's have also settled into a 3,5,2 formation with much success. I think that Craig Slater operates slightly higher up the field than his midfield colleagues thus in a 3,4,1,2 formation:

Walker

Eastman Kent Elokobi

Brindley Garvan Lapslie Dickenson

Slater

Guthrie Johnstone

Subs:

Wright Vincent-Young Wynter Doyley Barnes Fosu Bonne

Notwithstanding the last Shopping weekend before Christmas, a decent and somewhat expectant crowd can be expected at the WHCS.

Garvan and Lapslie stood out last week and I trust they will do so again this week.
Also back Denny Johnstone to score, his workrate is superb and he has been unlucky in front of goal.

Enjoy the game.

Enjoy the three points and Merry Christmas.

Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 22:52 - Dec 16 with 745 viewsmfb_cufc

We put the Crewe bogey to bed in our last home game, and now we face our other big recent bogey team tomorrow. We have lost our last seven games home and away against Notts County, but with their problems on and off the field at the moment, we are never going to have a better chance of putting this bogey to bed as well.

mfb

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 08:03 - Dec 17 with 722 viewsnoah4x4

I will be wearing my lucky Xmas jumper.

Not conceded a goal since I first donned it.

Hoping I will still be wearing it in May......
Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 10:51 - Dec 17 with 701 viewsdurham_exile

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 22:52 - Dec 16 by mfb_cufc

We put the Crewe bogey to bed in our last home game, and now we face our other big recent bogey team tomorrow. We have lost our last seven games home and away against Notts County, but with their problems on and off the field at the moment, we are never going to have a better chance of putting this bogey to bed as well.

mfb totally agree with you, records are there to be broken; three more vital points today.

Noah, Christmas jumper, is it one of the U's range or a more traditional one.

Enjoy the game.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 17:13 - Dec 17 with 681 viewsdurham_exile

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 10:51 - Dec 17 by durham_exile

mfb totally agree with you, records are there to be broken; three more vital points today.

Enjoy the game.
Up the U's

Brilliant another great win.

Now for a result against the Hatters.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 17:31 - Dec 17 with 675 viewsnoah4x4

Worst game I have never seen ( North end lost in fog). But it is a win.
Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 18:12 - Dec 17 with 658 viewsbwildered

Workmanlike, but uninspiring performance, settled by early Xmas present by County centre half during second half has the only highlight . Got to take what's given at this stage ..

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 10:23 - Dec 18 with 600 viewsnoah4x4

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 10:51 - Dec 17 by durham_exile

Enjoy the game.
Up the U's

Durham, when you are six foot plus and built like the 'Walkie Talkie' rather than the 'Shard' you quickly learn that anything manufactured after the move to Macron in the name of Colchester United won't fit. Even my 'Gerkin' or 'Heron Tower' shaped pals have leapt from XL to XXXL. So the magic jumper isn't so branded. Just says a traditional "Ho. Ho, Ho".

Distinct lack of Christmas spirit yesterday when the South Stands giant inflatable banana was confiscated by stewards. The inflatable Godzilla and Monkey survived. Eddie the Eagle went down the tunnel and attempted to recover it, but failed.

Bah Humbug!
Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 16:48 - Dec 18 with 560 viewsdurham_exile

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 10:23 - Dec 18 by noah4x4

Durham, when you are six foot plus and built like the 'Walkie Talkie' rather than the 'Shard' you quickly learn that anything manufactured after the move to Macron in the name of Colchester United won't fit. Even my 'Gerkin' or 'Heron Tower' shaped pals have leapt from XL to XXXL. So the magic jumper isn't so branded. Just says a traditional "Ho. Ho, Ho".

Distinct lack of Christmas spirit yesterday when the South Stands giant inflatable banana was confiscated by stewards. The inflatable Godzilla and Monkey survived. Eddie the Eagle went down the tunnel and attempted to recover it, but failed.

Bah Humbug!

Noah, keep wearing that lucky jumper it's doing the job.

I agree totally about the sizes of the clothing, they are rather snug, well that's my excuse.

The stewards are certainly a Scroogey bunch. What transgression had the inflatable banana committed to be taken away?

The fog that descended had clearly impacted upon the county players, it was a most bizarre own goal.

Reckon we can get something at Kenilworth Road on Boxing Day.

Up the U's and the inflatables!

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Magpies to have wings clipped by Super U's at WHCS on 13:30 - Dec 20 with 477 viewsburnsieespana

Going to be a bit smelly at season end as can't go for a wash in case it shrinks but be worth it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024