Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park 20:44 - Jan 20 with 1793 viewsdurham_exile

Two form teams go toe to toe tomorrow at St James' Park. JM takes his nine game unbeaten charges to Exeter who under Paul Tisdale are unbeaten in eight.

This will be an intriguing clash with both teams confident, both have been playing settled teams and both recording impressive results. Tisdale also believes that regular training on their 3G pitch has proved advantageous.

JM has made two astute signings with Eli Phipps joining the U23 team and Tommy O'Sullivan signing for the first team. Colchester are also interested in signing Harry Pell from Cheltenham.

JM has a decision to make with slight doubts concerning Craig Slater and Kurtis Guthrie. I would imagine that Denny Johnstone and O'Sullivan or Fosu will be standing by if either are deemed unfit.

Hopefully an unchanged team therefore with

Walker

Eastman Kent Elokobi

Brindley Garvan Lapslie Dickenson

Slater

Guthrie Porter

Subs

Wright Vincent-Young Wynter Barnes Fosu Johnstone O'Sullivan

Weather is set fair and the atmosphere should be cracking.

Notwithstanding their excellent away form Exeter have lost 7 matches at home and this could be pivotal in the final reckoning tomorrow. JM will also be keen to inflict a defeat on the Grecian as revenge for the narrow home defeat earlier in the season.

Over 300 of the faithful made the trip to Rodney Parade. Could we see 400 in Devon this weekend.

Enjoy the game. I can't wait for the fixture!

Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:03 - Jan 20 with 1787 viewswessex_exile

You travelling for this one Durham? Me and the (not so) nipper will see you there if so!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:22 - Jan 20 with 1777 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:03 - Jan 20 by wessex_exile

You travelling for this one Durham? Me and the (not so) nipper will see you there if so!

Wessex I will see you there.
Currently staying with our eldest son in Cornwall.
Should be a cracking game.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 22:05 - Jan 20 with 1772 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:22 - Jan 20 by durham_exile

Wessex I will see you there.
Currently staying with our eldest son in Cornwall.
Should be a cracking game.
Up the U's

Have a great day Durham., Wessex and "jnr". I'm saving myself for a Tuesday evening in Grimsby next month. Bring home the points guys.
Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 22:45 - Jan 20 with 1764 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 22:05 - Jan 20 by gerry_us

Have a great day Durham., Wessex and "jnr". I'm saving myself for a Tuesday evening in Grimsby next month. Bring home the points guys.

Hi Gerry
I will be at the Grimsby game in Feb

Tomorrow should be a real test. I also read that by going 10 games unbeaten JM will emulate Parky in the 2005/06 season and we all know what happened then and who do we play on the final match day none other than the glovers.

Happy days.

Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 09:16 - Jan 22 with 1591 viewsnoah4x4

We got what we deserved from this game - nothing.

Missed Owen Garvan. Elokobi back to usual blunders. Frankie Kent outmuscled; all the past repeating itself albeit that we were beaten by the best side (IMHO) that we have played against all season.

But what was Drey Wright doing playing with a hernia and due an operation tomorrow? He was yet again the weak link. Why didn't Fosu-Henry or Sullivan play from the start?
Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 09:23 - Jan 22 with 1589 viewsnoah4x4

But the positives;

1. The best "welcome" of away supporters by any club.
2. Real Ale bar inside the ground (it ran out once we we found it; surprise surprise). They have this EVERY week.
3. Friendly stewards; even when Jimmy (pretending to do a jimmy) got caught having a crafty fag in the bogs.
4. Surplus half time pies are distributed to ball boys and stewards; we pleaded and got the surplus (for free).

The Grecians is a club run by its fans for its fans. Atmosphere could easily be replicated at WHCS despite ownership remaining with Robbie Cowling. Just listen to what WE want!
Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 1496 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you Noah. I used to go there often when I lived there 22 years. Since the fans took over the club it's been a decent place to be an away fan. Indeed they get lots right there. The 2 new stands fitted in well in a tight location and there's always an atmosphere. Great to read about the bar! Devon has some excellent micros. In fact my only gripe with a visit to St James Pk is that they dug up their famous bank of primroses to build the big new stand - entirely unnecessary that!
Their manager is far more experienced and intelligent than ours - he is very likely to get them back in lg 1 sooner too; a loyal man well respected by the fans who employ him. Very sorry to read that we were so poor though; I had half begun to hope that there was some sort of change/hope but that draw at Newport concerned me.
Ah well, who knows what come Bloomfield Rd.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 22:23 - Jan 22 with 1144 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 11:50 - Jan 22 by Moor_Pinot

Thank you Noah. I used to go there often when I lived there 22 years. Since the fans took over the club it's been a decent place to be an away fan. Indeed they get lots right there. The 2 new stands fitted in well in a tight location and there's always an atmosphere. Great to read about the bar! Devon has some excellent micros. In fact my only gripe with a visit to St James Pk is that they dug up their famous bank of primroses to build the big new stand - entirely unnecessary that!
Their manager is far more experienced and intelligent than ours - he is very likely to get them back in lg 1 sooner too; a loyal man well respected by the fans who employ him. Very sorry to read that we were so poor though; I had half begun to hope that there was some sort of change/hope but that draw at Newport concerned me.
Ah well, who knows what come Bloomfield Rd.

Tisdale is working his notice period bizarrely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38017590

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 15:35 - Jan 23 with 1048 viewsburnsieespana

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 22:23 - Jan 22 by RSCOSWORTH

Football gets more nutty as each week goes by!
Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 17:26 - Jan 23 with 1034 viewsLeadbelly

It is probably a very sensible step to protect the longer term interests of the club and possibly Tisdale himself. If Exeter are still doing well, in whatever division, in November 2018, I would bet there is zero chance of his departing unless he wants to leave.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:00 - Jan 23 with 1008 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 22:23 - Jan 22 by RSCOSWORTH

This is old news written when the Grecians were 23rd in the table.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 09:41 - Jan 24 with 969 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:00 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Up the U's

He's still working his notice period though.

I believe us, Cambridge and Wycombe have all been 23rd at some point this season. Things can change quickly in football.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 13:25 - Jan 24 with 946 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to inflict Home defeat on the Grecians at St James' Park on 21:00 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Up the U's

The U's were once 23rd and Exeter rock bottom 24th. Cambridge have also been rock bottom. Grimsby and Wycome were once laggard too. These are the form teams, alongside Doncaster and Plymouth. How things change.

What encourages me is that we have a majority of remaining games at home and considering the top ten above and around us we only have to play Grimsby away (who are 11th). The rest must come to us. We have probably never been so well placed since our last promotion season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024