Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brill by name 13:41 - Jan 31 with 1391 viewsLeadbelly

Brill by nature?

Left Motherwell due to lack of game time. Will he oust Walker or is Big Sam off? Dillon Barnes to go on loan?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Brill by name on 16:13 - Jan 31 with 1371 viewsLeadbelly

And we have signed midfielder Sean Murray from Swindon.

Brill by name on 18:14 - Jan 31 with 1351 viewsburnsieespana

Don't think Sam is off but it was vital we had an experienced keeper to both keep him on his toes and for cover if injured.
Sending Barnes on loan would be good.
Did we pay any sort of fee for the guy from Swindon?
Brill by name on 18:47 - Jan 31 with 1343 viewsnoah4x4

Brill by name on 18:14 - Jan 31 by burnsieespana

Don't think Sam is off but it was vital we had an experienced keeper to both keep him on his toes and for cover if injured.

Sean Murray has already played 18 times for Swindon in season 2016-17, so he hasn't missed too many. His last start being on 7th January, but he has since appeared as a substitute (albeit in 90+4 minute). A Northern Ireland U17, U19 and U21 International! I wonder if he has fallen out with somebody at Swindon?

Bonne's departure (on loan) and the incoming Huddersfield youngster striker might suggest that the rumours that he has perhaps blotted his copybook are a distinct possibility.
Brill by name on 18:48 - Jan 31 with 1339 viewsnoah4x4

Brill by name on 18:14 - Jan 31 by burnsieespana

We need Barnes in U23's whilst they are doing so well.
Brill by name on 20:04 - Jan 31 with 1321 viewsbwildered

Murray signing officially recorded has a free. Should now have adequate cover in all areas .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Brill by name on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 1307 viewsdurham_exile

No mention of Rekeil Pyke 19 year old striker from Huddersfield on loan.

Looks like JM has made more shrewd signings.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Brill by name on 23:01 - Jan 31 with 1276 viewsnoah4x4

Brill by name on 20:59 - Jan 31 by durham_exile

No mention of Rekeil Pyke 19 year old striker from Huddersfield on loan.

Looks like JM has made more shrewd signings.

Up the U's

....or should the credit go to Tony Humes?

BTW, what happened to the other bloke we recruited to manage player acquisition? I can't remember his name, but has he vanished from the staff list on the club website (or was he never added to it?).
Brill by name on 23:20 - Jan 31 with 1269 viewsLeadbelly

Brill by name on 23:01 - Jan 31 by noah4x4

....or should the credit go to Tony Humes?

BTW, what happened to the other bloke we recruited to manage player acquisition? I can't remember his name, but has he vanished from the staff list on the club website (or was he never added to it?).

You mean the charming Iain Moody, he who was not averse to a bit of texting with the even more charming Malky Mackay. Luckily they avoided controversy by sticking to jokes and bigotry concerning racism, sexism, homophobia and religious intolerance. If the club has dispensed with the services of his consultancy - no other clubs were using them - I'd be delighted.

Login to get fewer ads

Brill by name on 23:32 - Jan 31 with 1258 viewsLeadbelly

Brill by name on 23:20 - Jan 31 by Leadbelly

You mean the charming Iain Moody, he who was not averse to a bit of texting with the even more charming Malky Mackay. Luckily they avoided controversy by sticking to jokes and bigotry concerning racism, sexism, homophobia and religious intolerance. If the club has dispensed with the services of his consultancy - no other clubs were using them - I'd be delighted.

Sole director of Sapienza Football Consulting Ltd. Company's net worth is approx. £9.5k. I'm not an accountant but that doesn't sound like a great performance by a company now two years old.

Brill by name on 07:30 - Feb 1 with 1239 viewsnoah4x4

Brill by name on 23:32 - Jan 31 by Leadbelly

Sole director of Sapienza Football Consulting Ltd. Company's net worth is approx. £9.5k. I'm not an accountant but that doesn't sound like a great performance by a company now two years old.

Yes, him. But if he is an independent consultant maybe that is why he is not in the WHCS staff list.

My point was simply to highlight that McGreal's role is "Head Coach" whilst Tony Humes is "Director of Football". We should therefore not assume McGreal is doing these excellent deals, and definitely not without consulting Humes. I suspect credit should possibly go to Humes/Moody, whilst McGreal deals with match day matters.

I also noted that Richard Hall is also back as head of 1:1 coaching in the Academy. I thought I had seen him around. But who cares if the progress is sustained.
Brill by name on 11:32 - Feb 1 with 1222 viewswessex_exile

Brill by name on 07:30 - Feb 1 by noah4x4

Yes, him. But if he is an independent consultant maybe that is why he is not in the WHCS staff list.

My point was simply to highlight that McGreal's role is "Head Coach" whilst Tony Humes is "Director of Football". We should therefore not assume McGreal is doing these excellent deals, and definitely not without consulting Humes. I suspect credit should possibly go to Humes/Moody, whilst McGreal deals with match day matters.

I also noted that Richard Hall is also back as head of 1:1 coaching in the Academy. I thought I had seen him around. But who cares if the progress is sustained.

From my limited understanding of these matters, I always thought the manager identified the positions he wanted to strengthen, the DoF and his scouts went out and found them, and the Chairman (primarily) negotiated the contract - bit of a team effort then, so well done to all concerned.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Brill by name on 13:11 - Feb 2 with 1183 viewsnoah4x4

Although not on the club website staff list, Moody is still there.

See http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/15065731.Moody___U_s_have_signed_players_who

Echo the comment about this being a team effort. I was one of the few that wanted to give Tony Humes more time. Maybe he wasn't the greatest manager in front of a media microphone. Maybe he did make the odd mistake, such as gambling too early with some talented youngsters that were not ready; but have since flourished. But Fans didn't give him opportunity to reach ONE January transfer window. Now look at the quality of players we have acquired in the last two transfer Windows.

Some perceive we are not a big enough club to have a DOF + manager of player resources + head coach etc. + level two academy etc. But if it's working, let's praise Robbie Cowling for sticking to his doctrine.
Brill by name on 14:00 - Feb 2 with 1173 viewsMoor_Pinot

Quite so Noah4x4. I also wanted Humes to have longer and was embarrassed by the way a small section of our lot hounded him.

As with so many things it is all about time. Maybe, just maybe, we are on the right lines and I for one hope we are because if so.......and success comes of it then it follows that we are likely to be that much better positioned to embrace what being on the 'right lines' may bring to our club.

Moor Pinot

Brill by name on 17:18 - Feb 2 with 1149 viewsbwildered

At present we/they have achieved nowt .

Brill by name on 18:54 - Feb 2 with 1136 viewsnoah4x4

Brill by name on 17:18 - Feb 2 by bwildered

At present we/they have achieved nowt .

40 points by end of January is nowt? When was the last time?

I might be in a minority, but I an not convinced that promotion this season would do us any favours. We are not ready. Frankly, I am fed up with watching us lose in Division One, and am content to see us lose less than a third of games in Division Two whilst we progressively build from here.

I think it's better we consolidate; build gates on consistency; rather than go up get thrashed and then have another umpteen years of fans moaning and reputation damage. We need a couple of years of the team winning regularly to encourage our young fans. But if we get promoted,; then start losing every week we are back down the pan. But if we can become a team that makes the play-offs even if we slip up at Wembley then that breeds enthusiasm and excitement.
Brill by name on 13:56 - Feb 3 with 1089 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Does anyone else think the Brill signing is a bit of a waste of a wage? If Barnes isn't going to go out on loan do we really need a third goalkeeper?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Brill by name on 18:23 - Feb 3 with 1069 viewsbwildered

A decent experience keeper was required to keep Big Sam up to the required standard . Barnes requires a loan out to get some more pressured match play time and is at present a season away from first team contention .

Brill by name on 21:35 - Feb 3 with 1047 viewsLeadbelly

Had Walker or Barnes suffered an injury we would have been in a spot of bother so I think it is a prudent signing.

Brill by name on 22:07 - Feb 3 with 1034 viewsmfb_cufc

Brill left Motherwell due to lack of game time, so it seems strange that he would sign for us just to sit on the bench. Could it be that Walker is still feeling the effects of last seasons injury, and they are going to share the goalkeeping duties. Personally I would like to see Brill start, as I don't rate Walker. Also it is likely that Barnes will go out on loan to a non-league team, as they are not affected by the transfer window.

mfb

Brill by name on 12:40 - Feb 4 with 1014 viewsbwildered

According to the article in EADT, Brill wanted to return south, so convienient for both him and the club .
So we have released a layer of academy players who would not progress and boostered the squad with some deadline signings . On paper now must be our strongest squad for many a season .
Two key players are Porter and Garvan, both neither play a full season due to constant niggles, the management will need to find the right combinations to keep us in contention , so opportunities to all .
Personally - I would take the final play- off place now and take it from there .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024