Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guthrie and Slater out for the season 13:08 - Mar 3 with 1357 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Two of our best players out. Can it get any worse?

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/2016-17/craig-slater-kurtis-guthrie-colchester

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Guthrie and Slater out for the season on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 1355 viewsColukev

Absolutely shocking mate.....wouldn't be surprised to see us slide down the table....

JM certainly won't ever have to work in such difficult circumstances again, next season will be a breeze for him!
I'm having one made for all those still fit on 13:42 - Mar 3 with 1343 viewsLeadbelly

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Guthrie and Slater out for the season on 13:43 - Mar 3 with 1340 viewswessex_exile

Crap, that's not good!

Incidentally, found out earlier this week that my new neighbour works for Forest Green Rovers, and he still keeps tabs on Kurtis's fortunes. I'll tell him not to bother for the next 5 months or so...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Guthrie and Slater out for the season on 14:30 - Mar 3 with 1327 viewsburnsieespana

What bad news for the two players and the club.
If JM gets us into the playoffs he will deserve the Freedom of the Borough!
Guthrie and Slater out for the season on 14:35 - Mar 3 with 1327 viewsBlueStripes

This is the news I hoped wouldn't come, but I said to the guy next to me last week when Guthrie went down, 'I bet that's the last we see of him this season!' With Slater also gone along with all the other long-term injuries we've got, I think our slim play-off hopes are well and truly f*cked now. Oh well, look on the bright side, at least we've got Macauley Bonne back again now.....errr..hooray! lol
Guthrie and Slater out for the season on 15:07 - Mar 3 with 1320 viewsweststandwolly

Knew those 2 were coming, Slater groin and Guthrie fracture?

An absolute nightmare injury situation with:

Brill (ACL) - Season
Doyley (Calf) - ??
Prosser (ACL) - Season
Eastman (Ankle) - Season
Kent (Ankle) - Season
Grandison (Hip) - ??
Brindley (??) - ??
Slater (Groin) - Season
Loft (Achilles) - ??
O'Sullivan (Knee) - ??
Szmodics (Heel) - Back for Saturday?
Guthrie (Ankle/Leg) - Season
Johnstone (Knee) - Season

Add to this Garvan/Porter who are nursing injuries we may have to start picking out fans to play the rest of the season, I'll bring my boots to Cambridge!!

This obviously poses a huge problem for this season and i'd be very impressed if we made the top 7... For me a more peculiar problem is next season... Slater/Guthrie's long term injuries ensures we wont sell them for next season (which is an obvious plus) however they only have 2 year contracts which makes me wonder.. Are we going to get them on new contracts and if not. Are we going to get any money for these players?? That to me would be the true disaster!!

Next season could see us with arguably one of the strongest in L2.. With all the injuries I can only see us selling Dickenson with perhaps Garvan, Brindley, Doyley also leaving along with 4/5 youth players (Akinwande, Ocran etc)?

This could leave us with a starting 11 of:

-----------------Walker---------------------
----Eastman---Kent---Elokobi----------
KVY---------------------------------Briggs-
------------Slater---Murray---------------
-----------------Szmodics------------------
---------Porter-----------Guthrie---------

Bench: Brill, Prosser, Kinsella, Loft, Lapslie, Wright, Johnstone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024