Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals 20:49 - Apr 25 with 2016 viewswessex_exile

Firstly, my apologies for the delay in providing the update, I was in Newcastle all week at a conference, and then Colchester all weekend for the U's followed by a school reunion. Still, a fascinating conclusion to the quarter-finals to report on.

Group 1
1} Burnsieespana 0/3 3pts
=2} Ethicsgirl 0/2 2pts
=2} Colukev 0/2 2pts
4} Gsy163 0/1 1pts

With slim pickings all round from the second legs, and particularly with the Real Madrid home win counting as an away win for Bayern Munich at the end of normal time, there were just solitary points for Burnsie, Ethics and Kev. Burnsie wins the group by one point, Ethics and Kev go into sudden death play-off for the second qualifying place, which given my tardiness getting back on to the U'sual will mean predicting the attendance for Orient v U's on Saturday (a heads-up that me and my youngest will be there, so +2 on your predictions). Congratulations for now to Burnsie, and commiserations to Guerno.

Group 2
1} Gate16 1/1 4pts
2} MFB 0/4 4pts
3} Wessex_exile 0/2 2pts
4} Jonestones 0/0 0pts

Well I said me and Gate would have to be separated by a spot-on result, and congratulations to Gate for getting exactly that with the Monaco 3 Dortmund 1 result. He finishes the group top on spot-ons, with the MFB prediction league juggernaut easily claiming second spot with a mightily impressive four outcomes (out of 8). That left me in third, and JT bringing up the rear after unfortunately missing the first leg predictions.

So, well done to Burnsie, Gate and MFB who are already in the hat for the semi-finals, and Ethics and Kev may I please have your attendance predictions for Orient vs U's at Brisbane Rd. Posting them here is fine, but if you'd rather then do PM them to me. I will make both public once I have them, and should either fail to make a prediction, they will be assigned an attendance prediction of zero. Winner will be closest to the actual attendance (obviously: this isn't Price Is Right chaps, you can't go bust).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 22:47 - Apr 25 with 1470 viewsColukev

I hear orient fans are planning a boycott...gonna be a super low one Ethics ;)
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:41 - Apr 26 with 1442 viewsGate16

Ethics scored 3 points I think ?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 20:42]
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:02 - Apr 26 with 1428 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:41 - Apr 26 by Gate16

Ethics scored 3 points I think ?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 20:42]

Unfortunately not. The extra point I think you're counting is the home win for Real Madrid after extra time. The result at the end of normal time, which is when the predictions count, was an away win for Bayern Munich (1-2, which resulted in the game going into ET). The other points were for Atletico Madrid's home win against Leicester, and Monaco's home win against Dortmund.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:53 - Apr 27 with 1406 viewsethicsgirl

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 22:47 - Apr 25 by Colukev

I hear orient fans are planning a boycott...gonna be a super low one Ethics ;)

Extra super low, I heard Kev

etho

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:54 - Apr 27 with 1401 viewsethicsgirl

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:02 - Apr 26 by wessex_exile

Unfortunately not. The extra point I think you're counting is the home win for Real Madrid after extra time. The result at the end of normal time, which is when the predictions count, was an away win for Bayern Munich (1-2, which resulted in the game going into ET). The other points were for Atletico Madrid's home win against Leicester, and Monaco's home win against Dortmund.

Aww.

etho

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:07 - Apr 27 with 1393 viewswessex_exile

Soz Ethics :-(

So, predictions are in, and they are remarkably close, as follows:

Kev - 5,409
Ethics - 5,224

That's just a 185 point spread, which means 5,317 or above and the place goes to Kev, anything less and the victory is Ethic's. The official figure will be taken from the BBC Sport match report, regardless of what might be announced elsewhere. As a reminder, me and my youngest will be at the game, so I can't guarantee being able to officially announce the result until Sunday.

Good luck both!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 22:29 - Apr 27 with 1387 viewsGate16

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:02 - Apr 26 by wessex_exile

I stand corrected
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 10:09 - Apr 30 with 1349 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:07 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Soz Ethics :-(

So, predictions are in, and they are remarkably close, as follows:

Kev - 5,409
Ethics - 5,224

That's just a 185 point spread, which means 5,317 or above and the place goes to Kev, anything less and the victory is Ethic's. The official figure will be taken from the BBC Sport match report, regardless of what might be announced elsewhere. As a reminder, me and my youngest will be at the game, so I can't guarantee being able to officially announce the result until Sunday.

Good luck both!

Well I thought both predictions were pretty good, but the actual crowd was an impressive 6,854 at kick-off, and an equally impressive 0 at full time. Congratulations to Kev as the second qualifier from Group 1, and commiserations to Ethics.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:56 - May 1 with 1329 viewsmfb_cufc

Wessex, the Champions League starts again tomorrow, and we haven't got a thread with semi-final draw and fixtures yet.

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:04 - May 2 with 1312 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:56 - May 1 by mfb_cufc

Wessex, the Champions League starts again tomorrow, and we haven't got a thread with semi-final draw and fixtures yet.

Apologies All - the draw has been carried out by a colleague of mine, and the ties are as follows:

Burnsie v Kev
Gate v MFB

Please predict result (usual 3pts for spot-on, 1 pt for outcome) and goal scorer (1pt for each goal scored, including own goals) for the following matches:

Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid

Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Monaco v Juventus

Tuesday 9th May 2017
Juventus v Monaco

Wednesday 10th May 2017
Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid

As always, extra-time and penalties will not count, all points to be tallied at the end of full time for each match.

Good luck all.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:14 - May 2 with 1310 viewsmfb_cufc

REAL MADRID 1 (RONALDO) ATLETICO MADRID 0 (GREISMAN)

Pushed for time, so will predict tomorrows game later.

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:20 - May 2 with 1309 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:14 - May 2 by mfb_cufc

REAL MADRID 1 (RONALDO) ATLETICO MADRID 0 (GREISMAN)

Pushed for time, so will predict tomorrows game later.

Only one goal scorer required MFB - would you prefer Ronaldo or Greisman? Obviously opponents can't have the same one btw.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 15:24 - May 2 with 1302 viewsburnsieespana

Good luck everybody.

Real Madrid 2 (Ronaldo) Ath Madrid 0.

Out enjoying a lovely lunch in the sun so will do remainder later but this just in case the Cruzcampo wins the afternoon.
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:59 - May 2 with 1295 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:20 - May 2 by wessex_exile

Only one goal scorer required MFB - would you prefer Ronaldo or Greisman? Obviously opponents can't have the same one btw.

As there's no goals scored at the moment, I'll take your first choice Ronaldo.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:40 - May 2 with 1291 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:59 - May 2 by wessex_exile

...but I see he has now, and probably about the same time I was posting.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:50 - May 2 with 1290 viewsColukev

Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid 2-0 (ronaldo) :)

Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Monaco v Juventus 1-2 (morata)

Tuesday 9th May 2017
Juventus v Monaco 2-0 (morata)

Wednesday 10th May 2017
Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid 1-1 (ronaldo)
[Post edited 2 May 2017 20:51]
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:06 - May 2 with 1283 viewsGate16

Sorry, late onto this. Can't post today's game so remaining matches;

MONACO v JUVENTUS 0-2 (DYBALA)

JUVENTUS v MONACO 2-0 (DYBALA)

ATHLETICO V REAL MADRID 1-1 (GRIEZMANN)
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:07 - May 2 with 1277 viewsmfb_cufc

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:59 - May 2 by wessex_exile

Sorry about that , Wessex. All done in a rush, had to leave for work at 13.20. Due to the nature of my job, I am not allowed to use the internet at work, so I have only just read your post. If only one goalscorer was required, then I would have gone for Ronaldo, as I had Atletico to score nil.

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 12:37 - May 3 with 1259 viewsmfb_cufc

MONACO 0 JUVENTUS 1 (HIGUAIN)

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 16:40 - May 3 with 1251 viewsburnsieespana

Remaining games:

Monaco 2 (Mbappe) V Juventus1
Juventus 1 (Higuain) V Monacco 2
Ath. Madrid 2 Real Madrid 1 (Benzema)
[Post edited 4 May 2017 12:49]
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:58 - May 3 with 1239 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 16:40 - May 3 by burnsieespana

Remaining games:

Monaco 2 (Mbappe) V Juventus1
Juventus 1 (Higuain) V Monacco 2
Ath. Madrid 2 Real Madrid 1 (Benzema)
[Post edited 4 May 2017 12:49]

Evening Burnsie - they say great minds think alike, but sadly that won't count in this league. You have managed to exact match both score and goal-scorer with Kev for both of the 2nd leg semi-finals. As you hold a commanding lead at this moment, thanks to Mr Ronaldo's hat-trick, it would be a faultless way of virtually ensuring you reach the final, but unfortunately you'll have to change all predictions for both matches I'm afraid.

MFB - I'm sure this is on your radar, but as you've yet to predict the 2nd legs, as a reminder you can't choose:
Juve 2 Monaco 0 (Dybala)
A Madrid 1 R Madrid 1 (Griesmann)

Good luck all!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:34 - May 3 with 1233 viewsburnsieespana

Have edited wessex. Apologies to both Kev and you as had not noticed the clash so thank you for pointing it out.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 20:46]
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:56 - May 3 with 1208 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:34 - May 3 by burnsieespana

Have edited wessex. Apologies to both Kev and you as had not noticed the clash so thank you for pointing it out.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 20:46]

No worries chap - amended accordingly.

So, following is an update after the 1st legs:

Burnsieespana 4 v 1 Colukev
Courtesy of Ronaldo's hat-trick in the Madrid derby, Burnsie scores heavily to take a solid lead with 1pt for the Real home win, and 3pts for Ronaldo's goals. However, with Burnsie lucking out for tonight's match, Kev takes advantage with the Juve away win for 1pt to keep him in the race.

Gate16 3 v 7 MFB
First of all, please all marvel at MFB's exceptional performance: 1pt for the Real home win; 3pts for Ronaldo's hat-trick; 1pt for Juve's away win; and 2pts for Higuain's brace - to give an awesome 7pts. However, at 1-0 tonight he was looking at 8pts with the bonus of a spot-on, but Higuain's second robs him of the spot-on, even if it brings another goalscorer point, and at the same time rewards Gate with an exemplary 2-0 away win, and perhaps a crucial spot-on for 3pts.

All to play for in the second legs, so good luck everyone.

Incidentally, if it's needed the usual tie-break decider of attendance at the next U's match won't be available this time around...

...OR WILL IT?

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:00 - May 4 with 1181 viewsburnsieespana

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:56 - May 3 by wessex_exile

No worries chap - amended accordingly.

So, following is an update after the 1st legs:

Burnsieespana 4 v 1 Colukev
Courtesy of Ronaldo's hat-trick in the Madrid derby, Burnsie scores heavily to take a solid lead with 1pt for the Real home win, and 3pts for Ronaldo's goals. However, with Burnsie lucking out for tonight's match, Kev takes advantage with the Juve away win for 1pt to keep him in the race.

Gate16 3 v 7 MFB
First of all, please all marvel at MFB's exceptional performance: 1pt for the Real home win; 3pts for Ronaldo's hat-trick; 1pt for Juve's away win; and 2pts for Higuain's brace - to give an awesome 7pts. However, at 1-0 tonight he was looking at 8pts with the bonus of a spot-on, but Higuain's second robs him of the spot-on, even if it brings another goalscorer point, and at the same time rewards Gate with an exemplary 2-0 away win, and perhaps a crucial spot-on for 3pts.

All to play for in the second legs, so good luck everyone.

Incidentally, if it's needed the usual tie-break decider of attendance at the next U's match won't be available this time around...

...OR WILL IT?

Wessex, you could get each of us to private message you what we think saturday's attendance will be and only you know the details which then, if needed, you can then use as the tie breaker.
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:52 - May 4 with 1176 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 13:00 - May 4 by burnsieespana

Wessex, you could get each of us to private message you what we think saturday's attendance will be and only you know the details which then, if needed, you can then use as the tie breaker.

Not a bad call at all Burnsie - thanks!

If all four of you could do just that, and PM me your attendance prediction for U's v Yeovil, I will use those if a tie-break is require. However, as it is now Thursday evening, if I don't receive predictions from all four by kick-off on Saturday, I will assume someone hasn't had a chance to see this message, and to be even-handed, I will then choose an alternative option to predict.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024