Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour 20:35 - May 1 with 827 viewsdurham_exile

The EFL have supported a request from the Seasiders to suspend ticket sales to Leyton Orient supporters ahead of Saturday evenings game.

Clearly hoping to avoid the farcical scenes witnessed at Brisbane Road last Saturday, they will now only have their own disruptive "fans" to contend with.

I can only hope that Orient players demonstrate some pride and give their remaining loyal supporters the opportunity to witness an away victory.

I also believe that this ruling could set an unfortunate precedent. Do clubs now prevent Millwall or Leeds supporters (no offence LB) from travelling to away games for fear of disruption.

It could also be argued that the stewards were dilatory on Saturday by not anticipating an invasion especially as it had been widely discussed in the news prior to the game.

Very unsatisfactory, not least because I am sure many Orient supporters would have liked a weekend away in the North West.

In the meantime Up the U's
[Post edited 1 May 2017 20:45]

Durham_exile

Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour on 14:06 - May 2 with 747 viewsLeadbelly

None taken!

Getting tickets to see Leeds away is almost impossible anyway but I've never heard of any attempts to prevent the fans from travelling.

For some unknown reason I've seen Millwall play at Elland Rd more times than I care to mention. In recent years they have operated a system whereby official supporters coaches are met at a motorway service station, presumably on the M1 in Yorkshire, where tickets are then handed out. If you don't travel with the official coaches you have no chance of getting in the ground. Millwall, as a result, have control over who attends Elland Road. In my experience they don't travel in great numbers, at least to Leeds, but I've never seen any bother so it seems to work.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour on 14:44 - May 2 with 743 viewswessex_exile

I'm not going to get into the rights or wrongs behind the pitch invasion on Saturday - Orient fans quite rightly felt they had to do something to demonstrate their objection to the way their club was being managed. Okay, as I've already observed, they did it straight after we went 3-1 up and were battering them, and one has to ask the question would they have done it if they were 3-1 up, but that's just me being cynical.

However, the stewards were a farce, and did virtually nothing whatsoever to either prevent the incursion or then remove the fans...unless you count forming a line a couple of times, advancing on the supporters...and then still doing nothing. The police wanted nothing to do with it either, and were only concerned with our supporters.

I see some have complained that the EFL 'lied' to allow the match to be completed through a pointless bit of kick-about, but personally I find that term a tad harsh. I would probably say ruse was the more appropriate term, and to be fair it worked far better than anything the stewards or police tried.

With so much hinging on the Blackpool result, and to be honest no guarantee that Orient supporters wouldn't do the same again, I'm afraid I have to agree with Blackpool's decision to keep as many out as possible.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour on 20:42 - May 2 with 714 viewswessex_exile

Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour on 14:44 - May 2 by wessex_exile

I'm not going to get into the rights or wrongs behind the pitch invasion on Saturday - Orient fans quite rightly felt they had to do something to demonstrate their objection to the way their club was being managed. Okay, as I've already observed, they did it straight after we went 3-1 up and were battering them, and one has to ask the question would they have done it if they were 3-1 up, but that's just me being cynical.

However, the stewards were a farce, and did virtually nothing whatsoever to either prevent the incursion or then remove the fans...unless you count forming a line a couple of times, advancing on the supporters...and then still doing nothing. The police wanted nothing to do with it either, and were only concerned with our supporters.

I see some have complained that the EFL 'lied' to allow the match to be completed through a pointless bit of kick-about, but personally I find that term a tad harsh. I would probably say ruse was the more appropriate term, and to be fair it worked far better than anything the stewards or police tried.

With so much hinging on the Blackpool result, and to be honest no guarantee that Orient supporters wouldn't do the same again, I'm afraid I have to agree with Blackpool's decision to keep as many out as possible.

I now see sales are back on, with Orient tickets restricted to just 1,000, and they have to be members of the Leyton Orient Fans' Trust.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour on 23:18 - May 2 with 694 viewsmfb_cufc

The reason Blackpool did this was because their supporters got their game against Huddersfield abandoned in 2015. They got a suspended sentence as punishment, and this would be triggered if that happens again. Something that is very likely with the Orient fans, as they have nothing to lose now.

mfb

Blackpool stacking the odds in their favour on 00:27 - May 3 with 688 viewsburnsieespana

The sentence was suspended for two years.
What if Orient fans invaded pitch and Blackpool didn't be interesting to sort out. My guess is if Orient fans invade pitch Blackpool hothead would not be able to resist given the anti Oyston feelings.
Saturday going to be interesting and my hunch sadly I'd we won't make it but doesn't stop me hoping and deeMing of a trip to Wembley with Elokobi scoring the winner!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024