Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans and players collapsing at games 01:08 - Jan 30 with 1428 views442

I heard more fans have collapsed this weekend at games. One died. What with all the sportsmen collapsing lm getting a bit worried. People are starting to say it’s the vaccines causing it. I had a really bad time after my second shot. I ended up in a and e. my heart rate went up to 180bpm for about 3 hours and I had really bad palpitations. I was in hospital for a week with intermittent problems racing heart and such. I just wondered if anyone else has had problems. I’m really worried about getting my booster.
Fans and players collapsing at games on 05:36 - Jan 30 with 1414 viewswessex_exile

Didn’t have any side effects from the two jabs at all. The booster was a bit harsh, like really bad flu, but only lasted about 24 hours. I’d say the overwhelming balance of probability is your at more risk from Covid than you are from an anti-vax harmful reaction.

It’s always very sad news hearing about football supporters passing away at matches. Given how many attend games at all levels, week in week out, I’m faintly surprised it doesn’t happen more often.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Fans and players collapsing at games on 07:57 - Jan 30 with 1402 viewsLeadbelly

People say a lot of things but not all of them are true. I can’t imagine how a COVID jab causes more problems if you attend a football match than if you stay at home.

My own experience is first jab made me feel a bit crook for 48 hours, second jab no reaction at all and the booster caused about 48 hours of real pain in my shoulder but this was due to where the nurse inserted the needle rather than the vaccine itself.

Get the booster.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Fans and players collapsing at games on 08:04 - Jan 30 with 1400 viewsnoah4x4

First jab, i felt dizzy for half an hour, but I now attribute that to anxiety raising my blood pressure. I had not had a jab for 30 years and was scared stiff. But I had to ask "is that it"? Didn't feel anything. Second and Third jab same. Was even brave enough to have a flu jab!
Fans and players collapsing at games on 08:45 - Jan 30 with 1380 viewsbwildered

PL and EFL need to investigate those stoppages, especially when referees have to remove teams off the field of play, and report their findings . Incidents are more highlighted than previously when collapses did occur but not reported . With the amount of people attending games throughout the country, it is inevitable that somebody will be taken ill during a match for various reasons.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Fans and players collapsing at games on 09:07 - Jan 30 with 1370 viewsdurham_exile

Go ahead and have the booster with confidence.

I have had four COVID jabs (chemo treatment) 2 Astra Zeneca and 2 Pfizer. Never a problem.

Unfortunately given the numbers of people attending large sporting venues it is inevitable that these incidents will occur.

What of course is important to remember is that following earlier high profile cases we now have increased cover at football stadia.

The cases are in no way linked to the vaccine.

Don't hesitate get the booster now.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fans and players collapsing at games on 09:11 - Jan 30 with 1368 viewsWitham

Well said Durham. Large crowds increase the likelihood of most things - someone being taken ill, a birth, a fight, a lottery winner. Or for us yesterday an unlikely draw !
Fans and players collapsing at games on 09:33 - Jan 30 with 1365 viewsburnsieespana

442 as others have said get your booster as statistically you are a greater risk from Covid rather than the jab.
Fans and players collapsing at games on 17:43 - Jan 31 with 1274 viewsFruitbat

It's always happened but there is more scrutiny and publicity now. There are also people out there putting a spin on it whilst knowing absolutely nothing in terms of facts.

I can recall it happening a few times at Layer Road back in the day but I don't think the game ever stopped. My brother pitched over for no apparent reason at a game and the St John's Ambulance guys just got him out until he recovered. I vividly remember us having to evacuate T4 to sit behind the goal on another occasion because a spectator collapsed, I think he had a heart attack, but I don't think the game stopped.

My first two doses had no adverse effect whatsoever. Booster knocked me out for about 18 hours but it wore off and I was fine. As others have said, get it done with confidence.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans and players collapsing at games on 17:58 - Jan 31 with 1265 viewsbwildered

Don’t be a prick, have just a little scratch.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Fans and players collapsing at games on 21:43 - Feb 2 with 1172 views442

Fans and players collapsing at games on 17:58 - Jan 31 by bwildered

Don’t be a prick, have just a little scratch.

https://www.oraclefilms.com/mattletissier
Fans and players collapsing at games on 22:13 - Feb 2 with 1159 viewsnoah4x4

Fans and players collapsing at games on 21:43 - Feb 2 by 442

https://www.oraclefilms.com/mattletissier

Yawn..............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024