Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium 21:37 - Sep 12 with 1634 viewsdurham_exile

In many respects it seems an age since Colchester last played a match although it will only be one week since we defeated Brighton U21’s 2-1.

During that time however we have a new Prime Minister, and King Charles III who has succeeded his mother the late Queen Elizabeth II. The FA, Premier League and EFL have come in for a storm of criticism about their decision to cancel all football for the period Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Depending upon which paper you read they were either fearful of some idiot shouting abuse out on National TV or they would struggle to fulfil their security duties with 10,000 policemen drafted into the Capital for the funeral arrangements.

Frankly I believe that the correct decision was taken to postpone the games. After 70 years of loyal service and devotion we can certainly forgo one football match especially as they will all be played eventually.

Anyway, from the sublime to the ridiculous.

A few extra days will have helped BDH in their selection dilemma.

Now actually I don’t have a problem selecting the first XI but unfortunately my selection is not necessarily in accord with WB.

It seems that O’Hara has been given the first team nod over Hornby. But it is fag paper thin.

The back four seems to be more secure. Tchamadeu, Chambers, Dallison and Kazeem.

Then comes the midfield. Much depends upon the formation as to whether it is 4,2,3,1 or 4,4,2 or 4,3,3.

I prefer to see 4,4,2 but at a push can accept 4,2,3,1.

The injuries appear to be predominantly Huws and Skuse. So let us consider the following midfield players.

Chilvers and Longstaff are easy choices then Newby and Marshall-Miranda or Chesters. Then there is Judge and Hannant.

Up front it is either a lone striker — Appiah or Sears but what about Lubala. Plenty of selection problems but that is why WB is the Manager.

Injuries notwithstanding the team that I would like to see line up at the Poundland Bescot Stadium tomorrow is as follows: 4,4,2

O’Hara

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Newby Chilvers Longstaff Marshall-Miranda

Appiah Lubala

Subs
Hornby Eastman Chesters Nouble Judge Clampin Sears

The case for Big Frank. Now Noble was awarded the MOTM against Brighton which I would dispute but it is true he did put in a much better shift than of late. But here’s the thing is Frank there because of sentiment or ability.

Don't get me wrong I used to be a big Frank fan but he has lost pace and mobility.

Yes he scored a goal (a tap in) and his play on the right was powerful and more inspiring than many of the insipid earlier performances.

However, gone are the days of loyalty to favourites who are unfortunately passed their sell by date.

We seem to be ok with either or with the keeper and the back four pretty well pick themselves.

Midfield suggests that Chilvers and Longstaff are both on the team sheet with Newby and Marshall-Miranda. Give Longstaff some freedom to go forward though.

I believe that Lubala was an outstanding signing and Appiah equally so.
By all means keep Nouble as an impact player but does he really get a start over those two. I think not.

Dan Chesters and Charlie Owens are also equally on the cusp of selection whilst Ossama Ashley is not good enough.

Result play the above in a 4,4,2 and take the game to Walsall. Michael Flynn’s side are also struggling and tomorrow night is a vital match ahead of a tough looking game against the Mariners on Saturday.

WB has now had long enough to see the players to determine his best team and we must play our best XI.

The Walsall weather is 15 degrees Celsius with some sunny intervals during the day and a cloudy evening but little or no rain.

20th position with 5 points. A welcome three points tomorrow night and things will look much better.

Prediction 3-1 Colchester. Longstaff, Appiah and Lubala with the goals.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U’s

God Save the KIng

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 02:54 - Sep 14 with 361 viewsnoah4x4

Finally home, 02.50. Awful journey (road works).

Just realised we are unbeaten in 50%, but after 8 games, still have only 6 points. Nouble's first league goal since April 2021 perhaps explains why. We need wins. Humes out!
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 09:14 - Sep 14 with 307 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 02:54 - Sep 14 by noah4x4

Finally home, 02.50. Awful journey (road works).

Just realised we are unbeaten in 50%, but after 8 games, still have only 6 points. Nouble's first league goal since April 2021 perhaps explains why. We need wins. Humes out!

Sounds like a grim journey.
Problem is turning draws into victories and of course poor away form.

Ironically by this stage last season I think I'd seen three away wins.

Six points against Grimsby and Rochdale and things will look much better.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024