Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 18:10 - Sep 24 with 6473 viewsthrillseeker

We need Neil Warnock (or someone similar)- he will kick the players arses into gear and tell the DOF to f++k off and play his own style

After today I do not want an inexperienced manager that will be coerced/ forced by the DOF to play the Colchester United way!

I also do not want any internal appointment as at this present moment all these Directors of this and Directors of that have failed and are part of the problem.

New manager on 18:19 - Sep 24 with 4422 viewspwrightsknees

You make some good points TS.

Perhaps an experienced manager would start off by getting the players to introduce themselves to each other.
New manager on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 4388 viewsLeadbelly

I agree 100%. The enormous obstacle to that, in my opinion, is that Cowling is a control freak and is mistakenly loyal to a raft of former coaches who have failed over the last few years. The sort of coach/manager we need to sort out this shambles will want to be in control and, sadly, I can’t see Cowling allowing that.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New manager on 20:14 - Sep 24 with 4337 viewsbwildered

New manager on 18:43 - Sep 24 by Leadbelly

I agree 100%. The enormous obstacle to that, in my opinion, is that Cowling is a control freak and is mistakenly loyal to a raft of former coaches who have failed over the last few years. The sort of coach/manager we need to sort out this shambles will want to be in control and, sadly, I can’t see Cowling allowing that.

Sadly the ghost of the corridors are waylaid by PL, who got what he wanted in terms of the job and requirements by dismissing many such loyal CUFC backroom staff and later then jumped shipped.
Never to be repeated on the Chairman’s watch, has he owns the club and purse strings and power.
Such a shame such much money invested by him has gone to waste, negative equity you would call it without any profit and no pleasure to any supporter either in terms of league progression and play in a results dominating sport first and foremost.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New manager on 21:31 - Sep 24 with 4286 viewsburnsieespana

Never thought about the PL issue but you are correct as he didn't want the stalwarts around as he thought they were a bad influence on the club going forward.
New manager on 22:43 - Sep 24 with 4242 viewsLeadbelly

New manager on 21:31 - Sep 24 by burnsieespana

Never thought about the PL issue but you are correct as he didn't want the stalwarts around as he thought they were a bad influence on the club going forward.

They still are.

New manager on 00:09 - Sep 28 with 3965 viewsdurham_exile

I am really not sure of David Artell's credentials.

Yes he got Crewe promoted and they finished 12th in league one but then they were relegated and he parted company with them.

Not inspiring.

Why not let Luke Garrard have the opportunity young and hungry for success and well worth pursuing.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 10:21 - Sep 28 with 3925 viewsburnsieespana

The new Sporting Director talks a good story about being a Colchester boy, knows our club well having been ten years in the Academy before going off for ten years to WHU so I sincerely hope he brings real value to the search and we really might end up with the right person.
Personally be more than happy with Rob Edwards or the ex Crewe guy. Whoever we get will have been sacked unless we go for somebody with no experience in the FL which as we know from our last few appointments is a real risk. Look how out of depth the guy Southend took on from Southend?
Yes, some like Parky will get it right first time but I suspect the game has moved on so much since then inexperienced people will struggle and we don't have the time for somebody to come in and learn or otherwise we will be in the hell of the NL and as Scunthorpe have found out that is not a good place to be.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 11:07]
New manager on 18:32 - Sep 28 with 3843 viewsbwildered

COLCHESTER United have brought in Hayden Clifton to head up their medical department.
Clifton has made the switch to the U's, having previously worked at League One club Lincoln City for the last five years.

Shows what a bizarre thing the world of football is, surely they would have waited until a new manager is appointed, has they might have someone else in mind in the back room staff. There again a club with a Technical Director and Recruitment officer that cannot make a mark in leading the side says it all really.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 20:18 - Sep 28 with 3821 viewsburnsieespana

Maybe an offer had already been made?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2022 16:02]
New manager on 15:22 - Sep 29 with 3738 viewsmfb_cufc

It is going to be an external appointment, and there is a chance he could be in charge for their game at AFC Wimbledon, on Saturday.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/22884393.colchester-united-close-appointing-

mfb

New manager on 16:03 - Sep 29 with 3722 viewsburnsieespana

I hope we as fans are not disappointed after this 'talking up' of the appointment!
New manager on 21:45 - Sep 29 with 3632 viewswessex_exile

New manager on 15:22 - Sep 29 by mfb_cufc

It is going to be an external appointment, and there is a chance he could be in charge for their game at AFC Wimbledon, on Saturday.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/22884393.colchester-united-close-appointing-

Great news, and I hope whoever it is to be is appointed before Saturday. We've sold out two blocks already, and more than halfway through our third block at Plough Lane, so there should be a decent following of the faithful to welcome him in! Me and Alfie have our tickets - can't wait!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New manager on 22:02 - Sep 29 with 3624 viewsdurham_exile

New manager on 21:45 - Sep 29 by wessex_exile

Great news, and I hope whoever it is to be is appointed before Saturday. We've sold out two blocks already, and more than halfway through our third block at Plough Lane, so there should be a decent following of the faithful to welcome him in! Me and Alfie have our tickets - can't wait!

Hope you enjoy it Wessex.

Wimbledon have sold 6,400 tickets already so with about 600 of the faithful should be quite an atmosphere.

If an external appointment is to be made then it must be tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 08:43 - Sep 30 with 3566 viewsburnsieespana

Suspect they are having to negotiate a fee with another club, added to comment about a young hungry manager and the delay in naming indicates to me, must likely a NL Manager.
New manager on 09:52 - Sep 30 with 3553 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New manager on 08:43 - Sep 30 by burnsieespana

Suspect they are having to negotiate a fee with another club, added to comment about a young hungry manager and the delay in naming indicates to me, must likely a NL Manager.

I'm hearing it might be Matt Bloomfield. Not sure how I feel about that.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

New manager on 10:09 - Sep 30 with 3550 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Announcement this afternoon.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/september/us-set-to-appoint-new-head-coach/

New manager on 10:36 - Sep 30 with 3535 viewsMadeira163

So if Bloomfield not only ex Ipswich ex Wycombe as well omg
New manager on 10:55 - Sep 30 with 3523 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New manager on 10:36 - Sep 30 by Madeira163

So if Bloomfield not only ex Ipswich ex Wycombe as well omg

And has zero experience in management. This feels like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

Humes - no experience - failed
Keen - no experience - failed
McGreal - no experience - success (kind of)
Ball - no experience - failed
Mullins - no experience - failed
Brown - no experience - failed

There's a pattern emerging here!

New manager on 11:12 - Sep 30 with 3512 viewsburnsieespana

New manager on 10:55 - Sep 30 by RSCOSWORTH

And has zero experience in management. This feels like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

Humes - no experience - failed
Keen - no experience - failed
McGreal - no experience - success (kind of)
Ball - no experience - failed
Mullins - no experience - failed
Brown - no experience - failed

There's a pattern emerging here!

Oh no another disaster in the making as had so hoped we might get somebody with a bit of real experience.
Only consolation is Parky had no experience when he arrived!
New manager on 11:34 - Sep 30 with 3504 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New manager on 11:12 - Sep 30 by burnsieespana

Oh no another disaster in the making as had so hoped we might get somebody with a bit of real experience.
Only consolation is Parky had no experience when he arrived!

Parkinson is the one success story amongst numerous failures. I guess you can argue that Whitton and Dunne had no experience either and did decent enough jobs. I think the situation we're in right now is a pretty precarious one. This is the third consecutive season we've been near the foot of the table despite finishing in the play-offs in the preceding season and we keep repeating the same mistakes. If this appointment goes wrong we'll do well to survive this season.

New manager on 11:41 - Sep 30 with 3500 viewsburnsieespana

If it goes wrong we won't survive this season
New manager on 12:28 - Sep 30 with 3466 viewsdurham_exile

New manager on 11:41 - Sep 30 by burnsieespana

If it goes wrong we won't survive this season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2022/feb/02/wycombe-ma

I am really undecided about this situation.

How many were interviewed and who else was in the running.

Clearly we will get behind him but...............

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 13:43 - Sep 30 with 3420 viewsLeadbelly

Whether or not the new head coach has management experience is less important, in my opinion, than whether or not they will have full control of tactics, formations, selections and training. We've been told previous incumbents had complete autonomy but the same lacklustre football and constant turning round to the director's box we've all seen for far too long suggests otherwise.

Good luck to whoever it is; they'll need it.

New manager on 14:53 - Sep 30 with 3372 viewsdurham_exile

New manager on 13:43 - Sep 30 by Leadbelly

Whether or not the new head coach has management experience is less important, in my opinion, than whether or not they will have full control of tactics, formations, selections and training. We've been told previous incumbents had complete autonomy but the same lacklustre football and constant turning round to the director's box we've all seen for far too long suggests otherwise.

Good luck to whoever it is; they'll need it.

Tick tock time is getting on we need the word

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 15:08 - Sep 30 with 3362 viewsnoah4x4

Just announced on Twitter - Col U TV special at 3-30pm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024