Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's 19:56 - Oct 21 with 2424 viewsdurham_exile

After a disappointing result and poor performance against Swindon at the County Ground Blooms can look forward to another away day on Saturday this time in South Wales at Rodney Parade.

It has been all change at the Exiles club with Graham Coughlan taking over the reins with Joe Dunne his number two.

Whilst I wish Joe Dunne well in Wales, I cannot extend that sentiment to either the league game or the First-Round proper of the F A Cup, which is also to be played at Rodney Parade.

We of course have also signed a number two to Matt Bloomfield in former Welsh Ladies number two Richard Thomas (no not John-Boy Walton) but the footballing coach.

Now last Saturday we reverted to the dark days of WB and others by playing 4,5,1 at the County Ground.

Of course, we were missing Kwesi Appiah, Matt Longstaff, Bez Lubala and Ossama Ashley, but I hope that all four will be back in contention this Saturday.

Now frankly we are long overdue an away league win and one look at the bottom of league two reinforces that fact.

Newport County 14 3 2 9 -6 11
Harrogate Town 13 3 2 8 -7 11
Rochdale 13 3 2 8 -9 11
Colchester United 13 2 3 8 -8 9
Crawley Town 13 2 3 8 -11 9
Hartlepool United 14 1 6 7 -13 9

Blooms needs to inject some of the early form from his tenure at the JCS and revert to 4,4,2 or 4,3,3 (perhaps the absence of the four players last week forced his hand, but we cannot play 4,5,1 and expect Sears to operate as a lone striker, it simply doesn’t work).

Stop the ultra-defensive 4,5,1 and go back to a possession based attacking game which has secured decent results in the PJT and the league at home. Get Longstaff to play further forward and encourage him to shoot. Give Lubala license to shoot too and give Appiah some good service, he knows where the net is.

So once again I suggest the following:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Marshall-Miranda Longstaff Chilvers

Lubala Appiah Nouble

Subs
O’Hara Clampin Eastman Ashley Chesters Newby Sears

Scoreline 2-1 to the U’s with Appiah and Longstaff on target.

Weather a very mild 21 degrees Celsius but a 73% chance of precipitation (not ideal on the Rodney Parade pitch).

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Crawley and Stevenage both to come at the JCS next week but three points tomorrow are essential for morale.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:03 - Oct 21 with 1771 viewsburnsieespana

Hadn't seen Joe Dunn's new role. What is his connection with Graham Coughlan?
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:11 - Oct 21 with 1763 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:03 - Oct 21 by burnsieespana

Hadn't seen Joe Dunn's new role. What is his connection with Graham Coughlan?

burnsie, they worked together at Bristol Rovers and Mansfield and Joe will be assistant manager to Coughlan.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 14:02 - Oct 22 with 1689 viewsthrillseeker

DE - not sure about Longstaff - I would prefer to see Chesters in starting XI.

A big game today as potentially we could be bottom of league 2 at 17:00 tonight
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 14:04 - Oct 22 with 1689 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI

Hornby
Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Skuse Marley-Miranda Hannant Chilvers

Sears Akinde

O'Hara Judge Ashley Eastman Newby Chesters Nouble

Lubala Appiah and Longstaff must still be injured

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 14:13 - Oct 22 with 1686 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 14:02 - Oct 22 by thrillseeker

DE - not sure about Longstaff - I would prefer to see Chesters in starting XI.

A big game today as potentially we could be bottom of league 2 at 17:00 tonight

TS
Only saw your post after I posted the U's starting XI.

It seems that we still have key injuries to Lubala Appiah and Longstaff.

Chilvers and Longstaff need to play together in more forward midfield positions with Marshall Miranda Skuse behind.

I know we have yet to see the best from Chilvers and Longstaff this season but it will come.

But victory today is crucial.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:12 - Oct 22 with 1671 viewsdurham_exile

Unbelievable another poor start

Come on lots to do now
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:24 - Oct 22 with 1658 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:12 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Unbelievable another poor start

Come on lots to do now
Up the U's

Defeat today is unthinkable.

Come on get it sorted.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:32 - Oct 22 with 1652 viewsthrillseeker

As results stand we are 3 points clear in relegation zone
Login to get fewer ads

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:33 - Oct 22 with 1652 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:24 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Defeat today is unthinkable.

Come on get it sorted.

Up the U's

I have to say that I am getting fed up with these miserable Saturday afternoons.

1-0 down to yet another poor team

We've only had one shot and it was off target.

Come on we are better than this.

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 1644 viewsdurham_exile

Things can really only get better.

Come on this is poor.

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:52 - Oct 22 with 1635 viewsdurham_exile

Huge 45 to come.

Who if anyone has impressed.

Big Frank on the bench together with Newby and Chesters.

Another defeat simply unthinkable.

Come on show some fight and get back into this game

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 1633 viewsWitham

Piss poor performance so far. Not aided by an equally pissarro poor referee.
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:58 - Oct 22 with 1627 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:55 - Oct 22 by Witham

Piss poor performance so far. Not aided by an equally pissarro poor referee.

Witham that's what I feared.

I just do not understand why we are so poor

Perhaps they want to go down.

Supporters deserve much better.

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 16:22 - Oct 22 with 1615 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 15:58 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Witham that's what I feared.

I just do not understand why we are so poor

Perhaps they want to go down.

Supporters deserve much better.

Time to change it up

Big Frank and Chesters to come on

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 16:26 - Oct 22 with 1608 viewsthrillseeker

Currently as results stand we are 2 points clear in relegation zone

A slight improvement from earlier on
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 16:47 - Oct 22 with 1596 viewsdurham_exile

Judge Nouble and Chesters all on.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 1575 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 16:47 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Judge Nouble and Chesters all on.

Come on the U's

Shocking another defeat

Simply not good enough
5 shots only one on target.

Saturday afternoons are really awful.

We just don't seem to be interested in winning games.

Up the basement U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 1565 viewsthrillseeker

21 Crawley Town - 12
22 Rochdale - 11
23 Colchester United - 9
24 Hartlepool United - 9

NOT good reading

Waiting to hear the manager to say the same statement
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:11 - Oct 22 with 1562 viewsburnsieespana

Sadly, despite the hype I don't think our new coaching duo have the experience to get us out of the manure.
They will be gone by Christmas with RC desperately trying to get somebody experienced in regardless of the cost.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 17:13]
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 1543 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:11 - Oct 22 by burnsieespana

Sadly, despite the hype I don't think our new coaching duo have the experience to get us out of the manure.
They will be gone by Christmas with RC desperately trying to get somebody experienced in regardless of the cost.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 17:13]

I think we are badly missing Lubala Appiah and Longstaff.

But the lack of goals speaks volumes.

Sears couldn't hit the side of a Renault Espace at present.

I will be at Barrow to see first hand just how bad things really are.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:27 - Oct 22 with 1533 viewsthrillseeker

MB on BBC Essex says he can see positives from today and we were unlucky!
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:30 - Oct 22 with 1530 viewsnoah4x4

Sears won’t ever score if the only service he gets is aerial hoofball. He didn’t have a single chance today. Chances (few) instead fell to Hannant, Chilvers and Miranda. All three had shots closer to corner flag than goal. We marginally improved when Hannant and Sears were replaced by Judge and Nouble. However, I couldn’t work out any structure or tactics. Hannant looked lost. Akinde repeatedly won aerial battles with the ball spinning wide, but the ball never found a player in blue and white. Fans are fed up with wasting good money watching this dross.
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:43 - Oct 22 with 1522 viewsburnsieespana

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:30 - Oct 22 by noah4x4

Sears won’t ever score if the only service he gets is aerial hoofball. He didn’t have a single chance today. Chances (few) instead fell to Hannant, Chilvers and Miranda. All three had shots closer to corner flag than goal. We marginally improved when Hannant and Sears were replaced by Judge and Nouble. However, I couldn’t work out any structure or tactics. Hannant looked lost. Akinde repeatedly won aerial battles with the ball spinning wide, but the ball never found a player in blue and white. Fans are fed up with wasting good money watching this dross.

Noah, what you say about tactics is exactly what Is feel is the problem with the lack of experience of setting up a team at this level.
Yes we had 62% of the play I believe but what good did it do us?
I would rather we had 38% and won.
Personally I feel very depressed at where we are going and, it is significant, other side around us, who have recently changed managers are on an upward projectory.
We are in real serious trouble with no easy escape route.
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:31 - Oct 22 with 1437 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 17:43 - Oct 22 by burnsieespana

Noah, what you say about tactics is exactly what Is feel is the problem with the lack of experience of setting up a team at this level.
Yes we had 62% of the play I believe but what good did it do us?
I would rather we had 38% and won.
Personally I feel very depressed at where we are going and, it is significant, other side around us, who have recently changed managers are on an upward projectory.
We are in real serious trouble with no easy escape route.

Having just watched the highlights, as normal it is fine margins.

They scored from their chance we missed two really presentable opportunities.

People may not like Longstaff but we are not getting the best from him or Chilvers.

Hannant missed a sitter.

We will lose some of our loanees in January including Lubala and Longstaff unless we start to find the back of the net.

Problem is we are losing to some shite teams.

It is very depressing.

Lots to improve.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:40 - Oct 22 with 1435 viewsBFG

It's getting serious as Celine Dion once said, bottom 2 now, I still think the squad is much better than they are showing .. I hope
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024