Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's 19:56 - Oct 21 with 2425 viewsdurham_exile

After a disappointing result and poor performance against Swindon at the County Ground Blooms can look forward to another away day on Saturday this time in South Wales at Rodney Parade.

It has been all change at the Exiles club with Graham Coughlan taking over the reins with Joe Dunne his number two.

Whilst I wish Joe Dunne well in Wales, I cannot extend that sentiment to either the league game or the First-Round proper of the F A Cup, which is also to be played at Rodney Parade.

We of course have also signed a number two to Matt Bloomfield in former Welsh Ladies number two Richard Thomas (no not John-Boy Walton) but the footballing coach.

Now last Saturday we reverted to the dark days of WB and others by playing 4,5,1 at the County Ground.

Of course, we were missing Kwesi Appiah, Matt Longstaff, Bez Lubala and Ossama Ashley, but I hope that all four will be back in contention this Saturday.

Now frankly we are long overdue an away league win and one look at the bottom of league two reinforces that fact.

Newport County 14 3 2 9 -6 11
Harrogate Town 13 3 2 8 -7 11
Rochdale 13 3 2 8 -9 11
Colchester United 13 2 3 8 -8 9
Crawley Town 13 2 3 8 -11 9
Hartlepool United 14 1 6 7 -13 9

Blooms needs to inject some of the early form from his tenure at the JCS and revert to 4,4,2 or 4,3,3 (perhaps the absence of the four players last week forced his hand, but we cannot play 4,5,1 and expect Sears to operate as a lone striker, it simply doesn’t work).

Stop the ultra-defensive 4,5,1 and go back to a possession based attacking game which has secured decent results in the PJT and the league at home. Get Longstaff to play further forward and encourage him to shoot. Give Lubala license to shoot too and give Appiah some good service, he knows where the net is.

So once again I suggest the following:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Marshall-Miranda Longstaff Chilvers

Lubala Appiah Nouble

Subs
O’Hara Clampin Eastman Ashley Chesters Newby Sears

Scoreline 2-1 to the U’s with Appiah and Longstaff on target.

Weather a very mild 21 degrees Celsius but a 73% chance of precipitation (not ideal on the Rodney Parade pitch).

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Crawley and Stevenage both to come at the JCS next week but three points tomorrow are essential for morale.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:43 - Oct 22 with 644 viewsnoah4x4

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:31 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Having just watched the highlights, as normal it is fine margins.

They scored from their chance we missed two really presentable opportunities.

People may not like Longstaff but we are not getting the best from him or Chilvers.

Hannant missed a sitter.

We will lose some of our loanees in January including Lubala and Longstaff unless we start to find the back of the net.

Problem is we are losing to some shite teams.

It is very depressing.

Lots to improve.

Up the U's

The trouble with TV “highlights” is they don’t show the low lights. Apart from the two moments deemed Col U highlights (two shots miles off target) the other 85 minutes of lowlights were utter dross. 60% + possession might be true, but it was slow, ponderous, often passing back to keeper when fans are screaming “forward”. Balls then hoofed aimlessly forward to forwards that wouldn’t chase it. Nobody looking to find space. Lazy, no ambition. No guts.
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 21:51 - Oct 22 with 599 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 20:43 - Oct 22 by noah4x4

The trouble with TV “highlights” is they don’t show the low lights. Apart from the two moments deemed Col U highlights (two shots miles off target) the other 85 minutes of lowlights were utter dross. 60% + possession might be true, but it was slow, ponderous, often passing back to keeper when fans are screaming “forward”. Balls then hoofed aimlessly forward to forwards that wouldn’t chase it. Nobody looking to find space. Lazy, no ambition. No guts.

I agree that things are grim.

Also we are missing three key players.

But what I fail to understand is why MB has taken us backwards when his initial games demonstrated positive approach and improved results.

Two home matches and then I can watch the team at Barrow.

We desperately need to arrest the decline and quickly.

We wait out for Tuesday night.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 07:50 - Oct 23 with 541 viewsWitham

This was a match which, because of thr extremely poor srandard of refereeing, called for some grit and leadership, especially when there was no hope of a yellow card being produced. Chambers as captain should have been in the referee's face and our manager likewise in that of the 4th official. But they weren't.
Saddest thing is that amongst us 193 there were several considering whether to continue spending good money (its cost us over £100for this one) to watch such feeble performances.
Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 11:21 - Oct 23 with 494 viewsMoor_Pinot

Not posted for several months because I'm usually wrong and I also dislike being negative, a situation that has been the case frequently during this long decline towards non league football. If they read it, that's no help or support for the boys in blue and white.

Bloomfield is new so lots can change. Given our continuing predicament I couldn't see the point in another manager who had never been one.
We needed change, a winner, an existing manager who knew how to win, played to win, came out fighting from the whistle - like that Boreham Wood chap. But that's history and opinion.

So far nobody can be confident in Bloomfield, nothing has changed. He needs to cop on faster.
He needs to be able to stand up to any interference from within the club, he needs to play to win, encourage players to attack the opposition not pass sideways badly for forty minutes a game. He needs to stress the need for movement off the ball, to pass more quickly, to attack defences, to take the occasional twenty five yard shot (Where's Aarron Skelton when you need him.... Or Chay Cooper come to that? ). He needs to instill some steel, some commitment and some passion. We are just going through the motions as we have for three or four seasons -
only the raw material is getting weaker annually. Tchamadeau and Chilvers will be off and one or two loanees too come the new year and if we don't have thirty points by then......

I read that Bloomfield knew what he was taking on. I doubt it. Though he now knows the magnitude. He needs to unlock the paralysis somehow, reinstate what seemed to be a reinvigorated Eastman, get them to enjoy what they do and play without this lethargic sideways fear of the opposition. We must be so easy for opposition teams to prep for. We have no forwards - reference Nouble's pathetic finish to his excellent run and shooting chance one on one at Swindon - & we don't use tactics to create forward movement and opportunities , nor do we try the Tovides that we have lurking at Tiptree.

Bloomfield has options, he has a bit of time to try them and try them he must because Crawley always do a job on us, Saturday will be an embarrassment and Durham will see us lose 1-0 at Barrow so in ten days time we will be adrift.....

Or we can show some guts, give the dwindling support (<5000 combined will watch the next two home games) something to hang their hats of hope on and get six or seven points to relieve the pressure on Colchester United.
Unless management and squad can do the latter the decline only has one eventuality and we won't be coming back.

I'm not posting again because I prefer to do so with positivity but what I have seen so far is a cause for concern. "Grim times" as Durham says. And, sorry Durham but I don't agree that "we shouldn't be losing to these poor teams". They're not poor, they're better than us, every time. It is we that are poor at the moment, just as we've so often been these last three seasons.

Three wins in the next nine days will do nicely. There! That's some positivity!

Up the 'the only way is up' U's

Moor Pinot

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 22:08 - Oct 24 with 362 viewsghughes11

Exiles to be defeated in soggy South Wales by super U's on 11:21 - Oct 23 by Moor_Pinot

Not posted for several months because I'm usually wrong and I also dislike being negative, a situation that has been the case frequently during this long decline towards non league football. If they read it, that's no help or support for the boys in blue and white.

Bloomfield is new so lots can change. Given our continuing predicament I couldn't see the point in another manager who had never been one.
We needed change, a winner, an existing manager who knew how to win, played to win, came out fighting from the whistle - like that Boreham Wood chap. But that's history and opinion.

So far nobody can be confident in Bloomfield, nothing has changed. He needs to cop on faster.
He needs to be able to stand up to any interference from within the club, he needs to play to win, encourage players to attack the opposition not pass sideways badly for forty minutes a game. He needs to stress the need for movement off the ball, to pass more quickly, to attack defences, to take the occasional twenty five yard shot (Where's Aarron Skelton when you need him.... Or Chay Cooper come to that? ). He needs to instill some steel, some commitment and some passion. We are just going through the motions as we have for three or four seasons -
only the raw material is getting weaker annually. Tchamadeau and Chilvers will be off and one or two loanees too come the new year and if we don't have thirty points by then......

I read that Bloomfield knew what he was taking on. I doubt it. Though he now knows the magnitude. He needs to unlock the paralysis somehow, reinstate what seemed to be a reinvigorated Eastman, get them to enjoy what they do and play without this lethargic sideways fear of the opposition. We must be so easy for opposition teams to prep for. We have no forwards - reference Nouble's pathetic finish to his excellent run and shooting chance one on one at Swindon - & we don't use tactics to create forward movement and opportunities , nor do we try the Tovides that we have lurking at Tiptree.

Bloomfield has options, he has a bit of time to try them and try them he must because Crawley always do a job on us, Saturday will be an embarrassment and Durham will see us lose 1-0 at Barrow so in ten days time we will be adrift.....

Or we can show some guts, give the dwindling support (<5000 combined will watch the next two home games) something to hang their hats of hope on and get six or seven points to relieve the pressure on Colchester United.
Unless management and squad can do the latter the decline only has one eventuality and we won't be coming back.

I'm not posting again because I prefer to do so with positivity but what I have seen so far is a cause for concern. "Grim times" as Durham says. And, sorry Durham but I don't agree that "we shouldn't be losing to these poor teams". They're not poor, they're better than us, every time. It is we that are poor at the moment, just as we've so often been these last three seasons.

Three wins in the next nine days will do nicely. There! That's some positivity!

Up the 'the only way is up' U's

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024