Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS 21:29 - Oct 28 with 1371 viewsdurham_exile

I definitely got the impression that our season finally got going on Tuesday evening. Yes it was only a point, but it was worth a lot more psychologically. Crawley a team we couldn’t lay a glove on last season looked to have won the game, but Junior Tchamadeu scored a magnificent equaliser to go with Alex Newby’s spectacular first goal for the club. Result a deserved draw and with some more good fortune, when we were well on top in the first half, we could have won the game 4-2.

Now I believe that we have badly missed Appiah, Longstaff and Lubana. It is unknown whether they will be back this weekend or not. Getting information from the club on injuries is far more difficult than obtaining correspondence from the Home Secretary.

Now this weekend we play Stevenage Borough under the stewardship of Steve Evans. Probably the most unappealing manager in the four leagues. Frankly his thuggish behaviour does nothing to endear him to anyone.

But he does seem to have transformed Stevenage who lie second in the table and boast former U’s Chuck Norris and Alex Gilbey in their ranks. We can also expect them to bring 1,000 or so to watch this game.

Now apart from the obvious desire to win the game, I really want to put one over Evans and Co. Three points would send out a positive message ahead of Tuesday nights game at Holker Street.

MB may well have more injuries to contend with after Tuesday with both Clampin and Skuse possibly injured. There is no word about Appiah, Longstaff and Lubala but I truly hope that one of more of them can play this weekend.

If they are all fit then I would play the following in a 4,4,2:

Hornby
Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem
Newby Marshall Miranda
Longstaff Chilvers
Appiah Lubala

But I think MB will play with the following in a 4,2,3,1 formation:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Judge Marshall-Miranda

Newby Hannant Chesters

Akinde

Subs:
O’Hara Sears Chilvers Eastman Nouble Tovide Ashley

Whilst he may not have shone for the U’s I am a fan of Matty Longstaff and would ideally see him partnering Chilvers in midfield with Newby.

We have definitely missed the pace of Appiah and Lubala was just beginning to look impressive.

Emyr Huws (disgracefully crocked by the Lions) hopefully will be returning to action soon.

I expect a tough game not least because of the respective league positions but I can envisage a Home win, possibly by 2-0. Chuck Norris to be sent off for a straight red offence. Note to Stevenage make sure Norris has plenty of red meat prior to the game.

Weather a very mild 20 degrees Celsius with a 50% chance of precipitation and sunshine.

We are overdue another home victory and we need to demonstrate that this league is very much wide open with any team capable of inflicting a defeat on any other. Besides I would love to see Evans fuming in the dugout on Saturday.

Hopefully a decent crowd for the derby game. We know that Borough will have 1,000 so time to cheer the Super U’s onto three valuable points.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 13:23 - Oct 29 with 1266 viewsWitham

Looking forward to our first real test - let's hope the real Col U turn up
Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 13:49 - Oct 29 with 1260 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 13:23 - Oct 29 by Witham

Looking forward to our first real test - let's hope the real Col U turn up

I am also looking forward to the game

Very pleasant conditions for an October match
Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 14:19 - Oct 29 with 1252 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 13:49 - Oct 29 by thrillseeker

I am also looking forward to the game

Very pleasant conditions for an October match

Team

Hornby
Eastman Chambers Dallison Kazeem
Miranda Skuse
Newby Hannant
Nouble Sears

Subs
O'Hara Clampin Judge Chilvers Lubala Ashley Chesters

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 14:39 - Oct 29 with 1233 viewswessex_exile

Excellent preview Durham, and good to see Eastman back in the line-up.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 15:07 - Oct 29 with 1226 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 14:39 - Oct 29 by wessex_exile

Excellent preview Durham, and good to see Eastman back in the line-up.

MMM puts the U's 1-0 up!

Come On!!!!

Up the U's

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 15:08 - Oct 29 with 1224 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 15:07 - Oct 29 by wessex_exile

MMM puts the U's 1-0 up!

Come On!!!!

Anything to upset Evans is ok by me.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 15:22 - Oct 29 with 1213 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 15:08 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

Anything to upset Evans is ok by me.

Up the U's

Rose has been a thorn in our side and has pegged the Super U's back.

1-1

Come on don't let the scoreline undermine our reserve.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:14 - Oct 29 with 1187 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 15:22 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

Rose has been a thorn in our side and has pegged the Super U's back.

1-1

Come on don't let the scoreline undermine our reserve.

Up the U's

Big half for the Super U's

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:33 - Oct 29 with 1176 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:14 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

Big half for the Super U's

Come on the U's

Still 1-1
Judge Clampin and Chesters on for Skuse, Kazeem and Sears.

Sears really out of sorts at present

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:39 - Oct 29 with 1171 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:33 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

Still 1-1
Judge Clampin and Chesters on for Skuse, Kazeem and Sears.

Sears really out of sorts at present

Come on the U's

Norris OFF but only subbed not sent off.

We can win this

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:39 - Oct 29 with 1171 viewswessex_exile

Got to be honest, it doesn't sound like second from top against second from bottom.

Up the U's

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:43 - Oct 29 with 1168 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:39 - Oct 29 by wessex_exile

Got to be honest, it doesn't sound like second from top against second from bottom.

Jeff Stelling is smiling as Grimsby roll over and Hartlepool go 2-1 up.

Come on we can really win this with one of our late goals.

Up the U's
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 18:26]

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:49 - Oct 29 with 1160 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:43 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

Jeff Stelling is smiling as Grimsby roll over and Hartlepool go 2-1 up.

Come on we can really win this with one of our late goals.

Up the U's
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 18:26]

4 mins added time

Still 1-1

Come on the u's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:54 - Oct 29 with 1156 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:49 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

4 mins added time

Still 1-1

Come on the u's

Monkey Hangers have won 2-1.

We have drawn 1-1 but had the better of the game.Attendance 3,486.

Barrow Tuesday night.
Bring it on.

Up the U's
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 16:56]

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:56 - Oct 29 with 1147 viewswessex_exile

Don't worry about the table, this was an excellent battling performance from the U's, from which we can take many positives. Newby particularly put in an incredible shift, as did everyone to be honest. Barrow will be tricky, and Newport in the FA Cup will be a free hit, but hope springs eternal.

Up the U's

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 18:29 - Oct 29 with 1089 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 16:56 - Oct 29 by wessex_exile

Don't worry about the table, this was an excellent battling performance from the U's, from which we can take many positives. Newby particularly put in an incredible shift, as did everyone to be honest. Barrow will be tricky, and Newport in the FA Cup will be a free hit, but hope springs eternal.

Wessex if we can get something at Barrow then it would be good to win at Rodney Parade in the cup.

Still as you say hope etc.

Still missing Appiah but hopefully he will be back soon.

Also talk about Samson Tovide getting a start or at least some minutes.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 18:36 - Oct 29 with 1085 viewsdurham_exile

Birthday boy Steve Evans blamed the warm up from his players for the dropping of two points today.

Now I've heard some bizarre things, but the warm up - really.

Surely what they do for the 95 minutes counts for something.

Anyway forget that ands let's focus on Holker Street.

Two points at home when we might have lost both games but we were spirited in our approach and perhaps MB is getting his message across to the players and less interference from you know who is helping.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 18:50 - Oct 29 with 1073 viewsWitham

If we play like this at Barrow you'll enjoy the 90 minutes Durham
Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 19:15 - Oct 29 with 1061 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 18:50 - Oct 29 by Witham

If we play like this at Barrow you'll enjoy the 90 minutes Durham

Very good to hear Witham.

We just need to turn draws into victories.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 22:33 - Oct 29 with 995 viewsnoah4x4

Yet again, merely one shot on target. The table doesn’t lie. I thought we were fortunate to gain a point. An off day for Stevenage in front of goal, but (IMHO) the visitors were much the better team. Eastman immense. Smith back in training, Tchamadeu has served his suspension. Chambers to be dropped? I say yes.
Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 13:47 - Oct 30 with 880 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's to overcome high flying Borough at the JCS on 22:33 - Oct 29 by noah4x4

Yet again, merely one shot on target. The table doesn’t lie. I thought we were fortunate to gain a point. An off day for Stevenage in front of goal, but (IMHO) the visitors were much the better team. Eastman immense. Smith back in training, Tchamadeu has served his suspension. Chambers to be dropped? I say yes.

I enjoyed yesterday's match but I don't think we ever looked like we were going to win it due to our lack of ability to shoot/ put efforts in on goal.

Like Noah I also thought Eastman played well and it would be criminal if he is dropped on Tuesday.

If we do not start scoring I fear relegation is on the cards this season after recent close calls.

Nouble & Sears were huge disappointments yesterday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024