Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street 20:47 - Oct 31 with 4193 viewsdurham_exile

The last two home Games have only yielded two points, but both draws were thoroughly deserved and with a little more good fortune we could and should have defeated Crawley.

Steve Evans reckons that MB has a humongous amount of work to do at Colchester (a typical snide comment from fat boy Evans, despite the fact that he moaned about his team’s lack lustre warm up).

Now make no mistake tomorrow night’s game at Holker Street will be tough, but their top scorer Josh Gordon with 9 from 19 games is suspended, having accumulated five bookings.

Our Away record is wretched and Pete Wild has guided the Bluebirds to fifth in the table.

Now after last year’s match played in September 2021 I predicted “give us the league title now” (enough said) but that night we played superbly well. Sears was on fire, the 120-faithful got right behind the U’s (especially after arriving late because of dramas on the M6) and Eastman scored a bullet header to win the match when we were down to 10 men after Chambers was sent off. Somehow the 3-2 victory failed to ignite our season.

This year we approach the game bottom of the league. Barrow will be predicting a comfortable victory (3-0 or something similar) but we need to show MB that our recent improved form was merely a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

I confidently predict a Super U’s victory, perhaps 2-0.

Now of course injuries are a problem. Huws is still out and I am not sure whether Longstaff and Appiah are fit to start.

MB is still I believe deciding on his best XI.

Junior Tchamadeu has served his suspension and given his recent form must start but what does that mean for Tom Eastman. Will Clampin be fit to start and if so will Kazeem be back on the bench.

Do Chambers and Dallison start.

In midfield — will Chilvers come in from the cold or will he be frozen out again.

In an ideal world and if all fit I would play:

Hornby
Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Clampin
Newby Chilvers Longstaff Marshall-Miranda
Lubala Appiah

But I think that injuries preclude that line up so:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Clampin

Newby Chilvers Hannant Marshall-Miranda

Lubala Akinde

Subs:
O’Hara Eastman Chesters Judge Kazeem Nouble Sears

Very harsh on Eastman I know, but you cannot leave Junior Tchamadeu out. MB will be making the decisions, so we wait out.

Sorry but we all know what the league table looks like so forgive me for not wanting to put everyone through more unashamed misery. Just as long as Hartlepool are bottom tomorrow night at 2140hrs.

The weekend sees an ideal opportunity to gain revenge for the recent defeat at Rodney Parade but we have to see off the bluebirds first.

The game tomorrow of course is available on iFollow. This will be my first live game since I saw the Brentford home cup game in August, so I am champing at the bit for a Colchester fix at Holker Street.

I am planning to go early tomorrow and maybe take in the Dock Museum or Furness Abbey before going to Holker Street.

Now when I checked out the weather forecast for Tuesday it showed minus 15 Celsius in Barrow (Alaska) and so when I found Barrow in Furness it was a relief to see 10 degrees Celsius mostly clear and dry. Incidentally next year the administrative area of Barrow will merge with Eden and South Lakeland to form Westmorland and Furness.

I hope both Appiah and Longstaff are back but am not hopeful. Safe journey to the travelling faithful, hope the M6 is clear for the journey of 280 miles. It is 94 each way for me.

Enjoy the game, whether on iFollow or live at Holker Street.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 21:46]

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 20:56 - Nov 1 with 1636 viewsBFG

Anyone got Liz Truss's number
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:13 - Nov 1 with 1589 viewsLeadbelly

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 20:56 - Nov 1 by BFG

Anyone got Liz Truss's number

Not a bad call BFG. She wouldn’t have to waste time creating a shambles this time!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:13 - Nov 1 with 1596 viewsburnsieespana

We are heading for the national League.
Bloomfield doesn't have a clue.
Bloomfield out along with Humes and Ball.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:38 - Nov 1 with 1549 viewsthrillseeker

How exciting - we've scored
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:46 - Nov 1 with 1515 viewswessex_exile

Just f'cking dreadful, nothing more to say. We go again back at Newport on Saturday. Me and Alfie will be there, win or lose, follow the U's.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:47 - Nov 1 with 1506 viewsnoah4x4

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:38 - Nov 1 by thrillseeker

How exciting - we've scored

On reflection, given crowds of 3,000, do we justify better than National League?
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:49 - Nov 1 with 1498 viewsgerry_us

Safe journey home Peter.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 22:15 - Nov 1 with 1454 viewsthrillseeker

What an awful interview MB just gave on BBC Essex

He sees positives from tonights performance - he must be watching something different to what I viewed.
Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 22:46 - Nov 1 with 1416 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Five points from 21 tells you everything really. Not a single point away from home. As I said a few weeks ago, these players need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 00:11 - Nov 2 with 1359 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 21:49 - Nov 1 by gerry_us

Safe journey home Peter.

Thanks Gerry home at 2345hrs.

Serious accident blocked the road at Newby Bridge.
15 minute delay exploring some Cumbrian lanes. Good old Satnav.

On this performance I will have to get my 2023 Road Atlas out and sadly consider some National League locations.

Plenty to reflect on - report tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 10:12 - Nov 2 with 1223 viewsburnsieespana

Bloomfield might be a nice guy but he hasn't a clue at this level so needs to go and an experienced coach brought in without delay
Bemoaning goals from set pieces is a combination of the constant changing of players and lack of suitable work on the training ground. Basic stuff you get taught when you first start to play football as a youngster or it was when I managed boys teams.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 10:36 - Nov 2 with 1216 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 10:12 - Nov 2 by burnsieespana

Bloomfield might be a nice guy but he hasn't a clue at this level so needs to go and an experienced coach brought in without delay
Bemoaning goals from set pieces is a combination of the constant changing of players and lack of suitable work on the training ground. Basic stuff you get taught when you first start to play football as a youngster or it was when I managed boys teams.

Conceding directly after half time two games out of three isn't too clever either.

Our one positive this season has been stoppage time goals, shame that some of them haven't resulted in any actual points.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 12:17 - Nov 2 with 1191 viewsburnsieespana

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 10:36 - Nov 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Conceding directly after half time two games out of three isn't too clever either.

Our one positive this season has been stoppage time goals, shame that some of them haven't resulted in any actual points.

Yes when Sears had the opportunity with a penalty he missed!
Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 13:19 - Nov 2 with 1155 viewsbwildered

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 10:12 - Nov 2 by burnsieespana

The post match interview became the old sound bites used by previous incumbents, but my impression is he is trying to be too much of a good guy. Let’s not forget he already seen the previous two home games before his appointment, so he came into the job with eyes wide open.
Saturdays cup result will be particularly interesting has we only played and lost to them last week, so no sudden surprises going in to game.
Stroke of genius by the Chairman, by releasing WB earlier in the season he can reinstate him for usual relegation run in !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 11:36 - Nov 3 with 968 viewsLeadbelly

Bluebirds to have wings clipped by Super U's at Holker Street on 13:19 - Nov 2 by bwildered

The post match interview became the old sound bites used by previous incumbents, but my impression is he is trying to be too much of a good guy. Let’s not forget he already seen the previous two home games before his appointment, so he came into the job with eyes wide open.
Saturdays cup result will be particularly interesting has we only played and lost to them last week, so no sudden surprises going in to game.
Stroke of genius by the Chairman, by releasing WB earlier in the season he can reinstate him for usual relegation run in !

I wouldn't put it past him.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024