Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's 22:25 - Nov 4 with 1635 viewsdurham_exile

Tuesday night at Holker Street frankly has been done to death. Try not to read comments on social media because Facebook and Twitter make for grim reading. Mind you many of the more lurid comments I ignore because those posters clearly know little or nothing about football.

Saturday brings another long-distance trip this time to Newport (oh no we’ve just played them at Rodney Parade in the league two weeks ago).

Graham Coughlan and Joe Dunne will be attempting to mastermind another defeat for the U’s.

Still, this match does matter because there is £41K on the line as well as an opportunity to halt the decline in our fortunes.

Injuries are still piling up Skuse, Appiah, Akinde, Longstaff, Smith, Huws and Cooper are all MIA.

Now MB has been changing teams almost as often as his underwear (I have this on good authority) and so some stability is needed, after all we are a big squad but midfield heavy.

So, play Samson Tovide up front with Big John Akinde tomorrow.

Play four at the back and four in midfield. Teams know our team and style of play backwards; they will not know young Tovide, however.

Something like this:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Clampin

Marshall-Miranda Newby Chilvers Lubala

Tovide Akinde

Subs
O’Hara Dallison Kazeem Ashley Sears Nouble Hannant

Definitely two up front — Akinde to win the ball and Tovide to use his pace
Lubala in support and MM, Newby and Chilvers across the midfield.

Give the defence a day off and play the ball long. Let the midfield players develop the play and get the ball forward early to the two strikers.

Sounds easy doesn’t it.

Weather is going to be 13 degrees Celsius and rain showers.

Lets give the faithful something to cheer tomorrow, take the game to the Exiles.
An away win is long overdue and as I said after Tuesday I am so fed of losing football matches.

Let’s see the U’s in the hat for the Second-Round draw.

I am afraid that I don’t hold with the view about cup run or not. It is all about winning games of football and a win in the cup will set us up nicely for the game at Gresty Road next weekend.

I will take a clean sheet and a dirty 1-0 win tomorrow. Samson Tovide with the only goal.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. Enjoy the game Wessex.

Sadly, no iFollow view tomorrow.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 23:13]

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 1551 viewswessex_exile

Cheers Durham - great preview as usual, me and the boy are leaving in a few hours, and I’m away too next Saturday to Crewe. As a result there’ll be a short hiatus in The U’sual Ramblings, normal service to return Saturday 19th. If we’re not in the 2nd round of the FA Cup and off the foot of the table by then, I’ll want to know why!

Ah well, here we go again to Rodney Parade…

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 10:33 - Nov 5 with 1545 viewsburnsieespana

Enjoy your afternoon Wessex.
To my mind 3 points next Sat is far more important so I would like to see dame team play today and next Saturday so we get an understanding over roles and cut down on the silly set piece goals we concede.
Durham thanks for your usual excellent summary and agree we need to get Tovide in nto the side for an extended run.
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 14:20 - Nov 5 with 1517 viewsdurham_exile

Team today

O'Hara
Tchamadeu Eastman Chambers Clampin
Ashley Judge Chilvers Chesters
Sears Nouble

Sub
Hornby Smith Hannant Lubala Newby Akinde Kazeem Miranda Tovide

Chilvers starts and TOVIDE is on the bench

"Saul Goodman"

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 14:59 - Nov 5 with 1494 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 14:20 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Team today

O'Hara
Tchamadeu Eastman Chambers Clampin
Ashley Judge Chilvers Chesters
Sears Nouble

Sub
Hornby Smith Hannant Lubala Newby Akinde Kazeem Miranda Tovide

Chilvers starts and TOVIDE is on the bench

"Saul Goodman"

Up the U's

Apparently still one up front in a 4,1,4,1 formation

Judge in front of a flat back four and Sears in front of four across the middle.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 15:55 - Nov 5 with 1465 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 14:59 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Apparently still one up front in a 4,1,4,1 formation

Judge in front of a flat back four and Sears in front of four across the middle.

Up the U's

Listening on BBC Wales

Lots to do in the South Wales rain.
O'Hara og

Come on

Up the U's
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 16:00]

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:17 - Nov 5 with 1435 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 15:55 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Listening on BBC Wales

Lots to do in the South Wales rain.
O'Hara og

Come on

Up the U's
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 16:00]

Chesters off Hannant On

What about giving young Samson 30 mins

Come on up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:23 - Nov 5 with 1426 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:17 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Chesters off Hannant On

What about giving young Samson 30 mins

Come on up the U's

It does sound to be a grim and uninspiring game which so far has been decided by a mistake.

Come on MB make a positive move and bring Tovide on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:30 - Nov 5 with 1415 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:23 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

It does sound to be a grim and uninspiring game which so far has been decided by a mistake.

Come on MB make a positive move and bring Tovide on.

Up the U's

Once again Sears is isolated and the defenders are able to comfortably swallow the through ball.

Akinde and Lubala on for Sears and Judge.

Put two up front and let's make a game of it.

Come on

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:41 - Nov 5 with 1403 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:30 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Once again Sears is isolated and the defenders are able to comfortably swallow the through ball.

Akinde and Lubala on for Sears and Judge.

Put two up front and let's make a game of it.

Come on

Game over.

Absolute devastation.

Nouble off Samson Tovide on
Ashley off Marshall Miranda on

Tovide should have started the game

Come on make something and give the faithful something to cheer.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:46 - Nov 5 with 1397 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:41 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Game over.

Absolute devastation.

Nouble off Samson Tovide on
Ashley off Marshall Miranda on

Tovide should have started the game

Come on make something and give the faithful something to cheer.

Up the U's

Enough for today.

Depressing and disappointing in equal measure.

Safe journey home.

Time for a lie down in a darkened room!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 17:37 - Nov 5 with 1353 viewsnoah4x4

Own goal, plus a miles offside second goal sealed our fate. Yet again, only one U’s shot on target (was that the O’Hara own goal?). Worst performance I have seen live (I didn’t go to Barrow). It was embarrassing watching Newport repeatedly out sprinting Sears, Nouble and Chambers. Will Judge ever complete a pass? Ashley looked solid in central midfield, but few others emerged with credit.
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 17:53 - Nov 5 with 1337 viewsburnsieespana

Bloomfield sadly is out of his depth and must go quickly and an experienced man be appointed
Enough with experimenting.
Also Ball and Humes need to go.
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 18:22 - Nov 5 with 1312 viewsLeadbelly

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 17:53 - Nov 5 by burnsieespana

Bloomfield sadly is out of his depth and must go quickly and an experienced man be appointed
Enough with experimenting.
Also Ball and Humes need to go.

Impossible though it would have seemed when he was appointed, we have gone backwards under Bloomfield. That said, I’m not convinced anyone could make a winning team from the current squad.

There seems to be an air of resignation, as if the whole club has accepted survival is beyond them. MB now using the same old hackneyed cliches from the I Spy book of footballing excuses as the previous incumbents. Nothing changing except the starting XI.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 19:05 - Nov 5 with 1285 viewsbwildered

For sale one night only .

One set duff rockets, unable to ignite, buyer collects from players appendage.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 23:18 - Nov 5 with 1191 viewsmfb_cufc

The usual postive crap from Bloomfield in his after match interview. I am sure he must have got sacked from a previous job developing photos because he couldn't find the negatives.

mfb

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 10:14 - Nov 6 with 1128 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 23:18 - Nov 5 by mfb_cufc

The usual postive crap from Bloomfield in his after match interview. I am sure he must have got sacked from a previous job developing photos because he couldn't find the negatives.

Mick I like the analogy.

I think that even the most optimistic of us are suffering painfully.

I am travelling to Crewe next week and am aware that we need 37 more points this season to avoid the R word.

At present difficult to see where they are coming from

The most worrying aspect is a lack of goals and action in the opponent's penalty area.

Tovide must start at Gresty Road.

Lots to mull over during the week.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 10:46 - Nov 6 with 1119 viewsthrillseeker

I can't make Crewe next due to work which is a shame as always enjoy my trips to there
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 15:14 - Nov 6 with 1072 viewsnoah4x4

I’ve cancelled my trip to Crewe. The following sums up….

Yesterday, a ball was hoofed forward landing between keeper, defender and Sears, who had five yards start on both and in the clear. Despite having to turn, the defender embarrassingly overtook Sears and recovered the ball. Similarly, Nouble and Chambers looked out-paced (or lazy/disinterested). If U’s players don’t make the effort, why should I? I’m on a pub crawl!
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:25 - Nov 6 with 1059 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 15:14 - Nov 6 by noah4x4

I’ve cancelled my trip to Crewe. The following sums up….

Yesterday, a ball was hoofed forward landing between keeper, defender and Sears, who had five yards start on both and in the clear. Despite having to turn, the defender embarrassingly overtook Sears and recovered the ball. Similarly, Nouble and Chambers looked out-paced (or lazy/disinterested). If U’s players don’t make the effort, why should I? I’m on a pub crawl!

Noah sorry to hear that. Mind you I understand you are now working part time at Membury Services preparing breakfast!

Seriously things can only get better.

A wholesale clear out at the club is necessary.
We could do an awful lot worse than playing our youngsters who at least are not loanees and will give 100% for the club.

You were at the game yesterday I listened to BBC Wales. We were expected to lose and the disrespect shown to the club now is legion

We have slumped to an all time low.
Where are the 12 wins and a draw coming from to achieve safety.

Presently I simply don't know.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 20:14 - Nov 6 with 1014 viewsburnsieespana

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 16:25 - Nov 6 by durham_exile

Noah sorry to hear that. Mind you I understand you are now working part time at Membury Services preparing breakfast!

Seriously things can only get better.

A wholesale clear out at the club is necessary.
We could do an awful lot worse than playing our youngsters who at least are not loanees and will give 100% for the club.

You were at the game yesterday I listened to BBC Wales. We were expected to lose and the disrespect shown to the club now is legion

We have slumped to an all time low.
Where are the 12 wins and a draw coming from to achieve safety.

Presently I simply don't know.

Up the U's

Bloomfield must go without delay with an experienced scrapper at this level appointed.
Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 19:19 - Nov 7 with 898 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be defeated in the Cup by Bloom's beleaguered Super U's on 20:14 - Nov 6 by burnsieespana

Bloomfield must go without delay with an experienced scrapper at this level appointed.

I know it is irrelevant but we would have been at home to Torquay or Derby.

Frankly I'm furious.

We really have to get our act together because this dross is a disgrace at the moment.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024