Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad results for us tonight 23:03 - Nov 8 with 1668 viewsthrillseeker

Rochdale win
Harrogate draw

Gillingham & Crawley have a game in hand on us
Bad results for us tonight on 00:21 - Nov 9 with 1631 viewsdurham_exile

Fortunately survival is still very much in our own hands.

We have 14 Home matches and 15 Away games left.

37 points to garner.

Realistically 8 more Home wins and 4 Away will do it interspersed with a couple of draws.

Something like wins against:

Home: Doncaster, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Walsall, Stockport, Newport, Crewe, Sutton

Away: Crewe, Gillingham, Harrogate, Rochdale

Time for my medication.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 16:48 - Nov 9 with 1557 viewsnoah4x4

I have stopped believing. Am not going to Crewe.

Humes Out!
Bad results for us tonight on 16:50 - Nov 9 with 1555 viewsburnsieespana

Same here Noah.
Ball out
Bad results for us tonight on 17:31 - Nov 9 with 1551 viewsdurham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 16:48 - Nov 9 by noah4x4

I have stopped believing. Am not going to Crewe.

Humes Out!

Just because you can't get a super breakfast at Membury Services!

Seriously, we need fervent supporters like you if we are to turn things around.

Until it is mathematically impossible we must believe.
If we still don't have the points required with 13 games to play then it will be game over.

Do Cowling and Humes want us to be relegated I wonder.

Keep the faith

Up the U's

PS I am travelling to Crewe on AVANTI West Coast on Saturday - very unlikely to have a breakfast like Membury though!!!!!

Durham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 19:09 - Nov 9 with 1534 viewsthrillseeker

DE - travelling AVANTI West Coast - you may not get to Crewe!
Bad results for us tonight on 20:20 - Nov 9 with 1524 viewsLeadbelly

Bad results for us tonight on 17:31 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Just because you can't get a super breakfast at Membury Services!

Seriously, we need fervent supporters like you if we are to turn things around.

Until it is mathematically impossible we must believe.
If we still don't have the points required with 13 games to play then it will be game over.

Do Cowling and Humes want us to be relegated I wonder.

Keep the faith

Up the U's

PS I am travelling to Crewe on AVANTI West Coast on Saturday - very unlikely to have a breakfast like Membury though!!!!!

I’m afraid my faith was beaten out of me some time ago. Attendance is now infrequent as a result. At home to Doncaster will be my second game of the season. Had a season ticket for 20 odd years but stopped about three years ago, as did most of my mates. Just wasn’t any enjoyment in watching repeatedly something that didn’t work and was giving us no pleasure (after leaving the pub anyway!).

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Bad results for us tonight on 22:36 - Nov 9 with 1510 viewsdurham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 19:09 - Nov 9 by thrillseeker

DE - travelling AVANTI West Coast - you may not get to Crewe!

TS I know I read about the horror story.

However if the train doesn't get me there there might be compensations ie I can't be forced to watch the 90 minutes.

However we're going to win I am sure!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 10:14 - Nov 10 with 1457 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bad results for us tonight on 20:20 - Nov 9 by Leadbelly

I’m afraid my faith was beaten out of me some time ago. Attendance is now infrequent as a result. At home to Doncaster will be my second game of the season. Had a season ticket for 20 odd years but stopped about three years ago, as did most of my mates. Just wasn’t any enjoyment in watching repeatedly something that didn’t work and was giving us no pleasure (after leaving the pub anyway!).

Did you stop pre-Covid then? So effectively the season where we made the play-offs?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Bad results for us tonight on 14:01 - Nov 10 with 1427 viewsLeadbelly

Bad results for us tonight on 10:14 - Nov 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Did you stop pre-Covid then? So effectively the season where we made the play-offs?

Stopped pre-Covid. My group of five discussed renewing season tickets but, sadly, all of us had come to the same conclusion independently; enjoyed meeting up pre-match for a few beers but getting to the ground had become a chore and the football was dull. For my part I'll admit I don't miss the football at all.

We still attend a few games but as two of the group have reasonably long journeys from outside Essex it's not that often anymore. These days we meet up more often at cricket, at a gig or just to have a few drinks.

Bad results for us tonight on 14:34 - Nov 10 with 1425 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bad results for us tonight on 14:01 - Nov 10 by Leadbelly

Stopped pre-Covid. My group of five discussed renewing season tickets but, sadly, all of us had come to the same conclusion independently; enjoyed meeting up pre-match for a few beers but getting to the ground had become a chore and the football was dull. For my part I'll admit I don't miss the football at all.

We still attend a few games but as two of the group have reasonably long journeys from outside Essex it's not that often anymore. These days we meet up more often at cricket, at a gig or just to have a few drinks.

Interesting that you stopped before we had a decent season, one that was far better than the last two and the current one we're experiencing. The football wasn't always exciting under McGreal but at least we got results, most of the time. My dad and uncle were season ticket holders at Layer Road and the Community Stadium but didn't renew after Covid due to the ticketing rules. This season is their first season back and they're probably regretting the decision to return now. I'm sure there are plenty of others that stopped going post-Covid and haven't had the want to return since.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bad results for us tonight on 20:22 - Nov 10 with 1373 viewsnoah4x4

I have decided that life is too short to waste ten hours of it on a bus every other Saturday to watch shite football where one never sees more than one shot on target. If we won “ugly” it would be worthwhile, but since the advent of Humes, we only ever lose “ugly”. No team passion, no commitment (except Eastman and Tchamadeu), no pace, no hope.
Bad results for us tonight on 22:48 - Nov 10 with 1354 viewscollublue

Bad results for us tonight on 14:34 - Nov 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Interesting that you stopped before we had a decent season, one that was far better than the last two and the current one we're experiencing. The football wasn't always exciting under McGreal but at least we got results, most of the time. My dad and uncle were season ticket holders at Layer Road and the Community Stadium but didn't renew after Covid due to the ticketing rules. This season is their first season back and they're probably regretting the decision to return now. I'm sure there are plenty of others that stopped going post-Covid and haven't had the want to return since.

I stopped buying a season ticket about 4 years ago
I'm 68 now and had been a regular since the age of 5.
I got to the stage where I wasn't enjoying the football and we all have other things we could spend our money on.
I'd desperately like to see the club rise like the phoenix from the ashes and I sincerely hope that Matt Bloomfield can prove to be the catalyst to restart our season.
Bad results for us tonight on 21:33 - Nov 11 with 1247 viewsghughes11

Bad results for us tonight on 14:34 - Nov 10 by RSCOSWORTH

yeah, I'm trying to get my head around this too!

So, did they stop going before or after the Man U match or the Exeter Playoff match.

Maybe after the 6-0 home win versus Crew it has been downhill score wise since.

I can understand the frustration for the last 2 and a bit years but 3-4?!?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Bad results for us tonight on 22:07 - Nov 11 with 1245 viewsdurham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 21:33 - Nov 11 by ghughes11

So, did they stop going before or after the Man U match or the Exeter Playoff match.

Keep the faith - our season finally starts tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bad results for us tonight on 23:41 - Nov 11 with 1239 viewsLeadbelly

Bad results for us tonight on 21:33 - Nov 11 by ghughes11

Did go to Old Trafford but really can’t remember whether I had a season ticket at that point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024