Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers 23:37 - Nov 18 with 2596 viewsdurham_exile

So, the U’s prepare to welcome Danny Schofield’s Donny Rovers to the JCS tomorrow.

April 2017 and a 1-1 draw at the then JSCS was the last time we played them at home.

Now Dmitri Halajko our Sporting Director has confirmed that the U’s will have an increased budget in January for additions to the squad. He also vehemently denies that MB is being influenced by others at the club (TH). So that’s that then!

Now let’s keep the team simple this week.

I wouldn’t make any changes to the starting XI from Gresty Road except play Big Frank alongside Samson Tovide. After all we are at home.

And make any changes much earlier i.e., give Lubala, Chilvers and Marshall-Miranda at least 30 minutes.

Team 4,2,2,2

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Ashley Judge

Newby Hannant

Tovide Nouble

Subs
O’Hara Sears Chilvers Marshall-Miranda Smith Lubala Chesters

The World Cup means that we can watch the 3pm games on iFollow. Good news.

More good news Kwesi Appiah should be back next week from Crawley and should be training full time.

Will Longstaff be fit or have we seen the last of him in a U’s shirt.

Will Huws be fit to play soon. The truth is out there.

Colchester weather cloudy 8 degrees Celsius some rainfall.

Doncaster will be no push overs, but who is when your are 24th in the table.

Get at them early, convert our chances, be confident, play two up front. It’s that simple.

Scoreline 3-1 to the Super U’s

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 07:36 - Nov 19 with 1666 viewsburnsieespana

Good call Durham about no team changes and push big Frank forward.
So long as we win don't care how or what the final score is!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 7:37]
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 10:44 - Nov 19 with 1600 viewsgerry_us

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 07:36 - Nov 19 by burnsieespana

Good call Durham about no team changes and push big Frank forward.
So long as we win don't care how or what the final score is!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 7:37]

Tough that we seem to be playing teams above us in the league every week!
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 11:16 - Nov 19 with 1586 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 10:44 - Nov 19 by gerry_us

Tough that we seem to be playing teams above us in the league every week!

Gerry - the Football League is upside down!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 12:54 - Nov 19 with 1565 viewsthrillseeker

Damp & grey here in Colchester but I am up for a shock and predicting a home win today.

Be interesting to see starting XI and starting formation.

2-1 to the U's
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 13:34 - Nov 19 with 1554 viewsWitham

Don't forget it's on ifollow Durham
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 13:40 - Nov 19 with 1551 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 13:34 - Nov 19 by Witham

Don't forget it's on ifollow Durham

Thanks Witham I will be watching.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 14:13 - Nov 19 with 1538 viewsdurham_exile

Just the one change
Eastman out Smith in

Hornby
Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kazeem
Ashley Hannant
Judge
Tovide Nouble

Subs
O'Hara Sears Chilvers Eastman Chesters Longstaff Hi

Smith back and Longstaff and Huws on the bench

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 14:45 - Nov 19 with 1528 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 14:13 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

Just the one change
Eastman out Smith in

Hornby
Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kazeem
Ashley Hannant
Judge
Tovide Nouble

Subs
O'Hara Sears Chilvers Eastman Chesters Longstaff Hi

Smith back and Longstaff and Huws on the bench

Up the U's

I note that Kieran Agard is on the bench for Donny Rovers.
I've always rated him as a striker.

Come on Col U

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 14:58 - Nov 19 with 1523 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 14:45 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

I note that Kieran Agard is on the bench for Donny Rovers.
I've always rated him as a striker.

Come on Col U

BBC Essex have a new Broadcasting position at the JSC today.

It's actually facing away from the pitch.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 15:29 - Nov 19 with 1502 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 14:58 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

BBC Essex have a new Broadcasting position at the JSC today.

It's actually facing away from the pitch.

Up the U's

U's playing well. Tovide looks very lively but needs support.

Why will MB not push Big Frank further forward.

Once again Ashley looks impressive.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 15:46 - Nov 19 with 1496 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 15:29 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

U's playing well. Tovide looks very lively but needs support.

Why will MB not push Big Frank further forward.

Once again Ashley looks impressive.

Come on the U's

DFK
Come on
Brilliant from Newby

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 15:52 - Nov 19 with 1484 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 15:46 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

DFK
Come on
Brilliant from Newby

Huge second half to come
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 16:22 - Nov 19 with 1466 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 15:52 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

Huge second half to come
Up the U's

What a goal Tovide
2-0

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 16:25 - Nov 19 with 1461 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 16:22 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

What a goal Tovide
2-0

Up to 22nd in the table.

Two great goals from the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 16:52 - Nov 19 with 1425 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 16:25 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

Up to 22nd in the table.

Two great goals from the U's

Hannant outstanding
3-0

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:01 - Nov 19 with 1410 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 16:52 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

Hannant outstanding
3-0

Just another 11 wins required.

Brilliant today three classic goals.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:07 - Nov 19 with 1399 viewswessex_exile

Well, doesn't that feel good. Never mind an emphatic result, the performance was just brilliant and three absolutely cracking goals, and all against a team challenging for the play-offs - and nothing more than we deserved!

Oh, and Scumend smashed 3-1 at bottom of the league Gateshead - happy days.

Bring on the Gas!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:10 - Nov 19 with 1392 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:07 - Nov 19 by wessex_exile

Well, doesn't that feel good. Never mind an emphatic result, the performance was just brilliant and three absolutely cracking goals, and all against a team challenging for the play-offs - and nothing more than we deserved!

Oh, and Scumend smashed 3-1 at bottom of the league Gateshead - happy days.

Bring on the Gas!

Attendance 3,607

Superb performance

Thoroughly deserved.

Great to see players signing autographs and MB racing around the pitch and signing books himself.

Outstanding.

Really enjoyed that today.

Other results went well for us.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:18 - Nov 19 with 1382 viewsburnsieespana

Well done MB and the boys. An important result.
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:38 - Nov 19 with 1361 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:18 - Nov 19 by burnsieespana

Well done MB and the boys. An important result.

PJT match against the Gas will be a good test.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 21:27 - Nov 19 with 1257 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Did not see that coming today although I did have Newby scoring first in a 1-1 draw. Am I right in thinking that's now six home goals in a row from outside the box? Noticed the crowd was a bit better today, did Doncaster bring quite a few or did we benefit from the lack of Premier League and Championship games this week? Ended up being a good day for any first timers to attend.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 21:40 - Nov 19 with 1254 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 21:27 - Nov 19 by RSCOSWORTH

Did not see that coming today although I did have Newby scoring first in a 1-1 draw. Am I right in thinking that's now six home goals in a row from outside the box? Noticed the crowd was a bit better today, did Doncaster bring quite a few or did we benefit from the lack of Premier League and Championship games this week? Ended up being a good day for any first timers to attend.

RS it looked from the camera about 500 from Donny.

After the disappointment of last week this was a magnificent performance.

Ashley gets better every week.
Smith and Chambers played well.

Good to see Longstaff and Huws back.

Samson Tovide outstanding.

Appiah will be back for the next league match and if MB is brave enough to play the two of them up front then look out league two.

Absolutely delighted for MB who deserved the win.
And delighted that it finished 3-0 rather than my 3-1 prediction. The clean sheet was deserved.

Gillingham and Hartlepool may well be the two worse team in the league.

All in all a great day for the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 21:43 - Nov 19 with 1253 viewswessex_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 21:27 - Nov 19 by RSCOSWORTH

I don't know the actual count, but there looked to be 5-600 Rovers fans there. Still though, at least maybe 3,000 U's fans, so definitely up on recent turnouts.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:06 - Nov 19 with 1240 viewsnoah4x4

To explain the gate…..over half of the East Stand was jam packed. My guess is hundreds of free tickets were distributed via schools?

Excellent U’s performance. No more trying to walk the ball into the net. Any decent sight of goal and we shot. More hit row Z than the net, but that doesn’t matter when three did. Given 1-0 at half time, I expected Humes tactics, and five at the back trying to defend a slender lead, but no, we kept going forward. We need to start believing.

I’ve just booked my trip to Mansfield, got my mojo back.
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:24 - Nov 19 with 1234 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:06 - Nov 19 by noah4x4

To explain the gate…..over half of the East Stand was jam packed. My guess is hundreds of free tickets were distributed via schools?

Excellent U’s performance. No more trying to walk the ball into the net. Any decent sight of goal and we shot. More hit row Z than the net, but that doesn’t matter when three did. Given 1-0 at half time, I expected Humes tactics, and five at the back trying to defend a slender lead, but no, we kept going forward. We need to start believing.

I’ve just booked my trip to Mansfield, got my mojo back.

That's the spirit Noah.
You just want the breakfast of course perhaps Peterborough services.
The stags are having a torrid time at present too.

Only 34 points required now but after today a play off place is still mathematically possible.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024