Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers 23:37 - Nov 18 with 2598 viewsdurham_exile

So, the U’s prepare to welcome Danny Schofield’s Donny Rovers to the JCS tomorrow.

April 2017 and a 1-1 draw at the then JSCS was the last time we played them at home.

Now Dmitri Halajko our Sporting Director has confirmed that the U’s will have an increased budget in January for additions to the squad. He also vehemently denies that MB is being influenced by others at the club (TH). So that’s that then!

Now let’s keep the team simple this week.

I wouldn’t make any changes to the starting XI from Gresty Road except play Big Frank alongside Samson Tovide. After all we are at home.

And make any changes much earlier i.e., give Lubala, Chilvers and Marshall-Miranda at least 30 minutes.

Team 4,2,2,2

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Ashley Judge

Newby Hannant

Tovide Nouble

Subs
O’Hara Sears Chilvers Marshall-Miranda Smith Lubala Chesters

The World Cup means that we can watch the 3pm games on iFollow. Good news.

More good news Kwesi Appiah should be back next week from Crawley and should be training full time.

Will Longstaff be fit or have we seen the last of him in a U’s shirt.

Will Huws be fit to play soon. The truth is out there.

Colchester weather cloudy 8 degrees Celsius some rainfall.

Doncaster will be no push overs, but who is when your are 24th in the table.

Get at them early, convert our chances, be confident, play two up front. It’s that simple.

Scoreline 3-1 to the Super U’s

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:33 - Nov 19 with 881 viewswessex_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:06 - Nov 19 by noah4x4

To explain the gate…..over half of the East Stand was jam packed. My guess is hundreds of free tickets were distributed via schools?

Excellent U’s performance. No more trying to walk the ball into the net. Any decent sight of goal and we shot. More hit row Z than the net, but that doesn’t matter when three did. Given 1-0 at half time, I expected Humes tactics, and five at the back trying to defend a slender lead, but no, we kept going forward. We need to start believing.

I’ve just booked my trip to Mansfield, got my mojo back.

Hold up - East stand jam-packed with school kids? Whisper it, but that sounds suspiciously like successful marketing?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:39 - Nov 19 with 864 viewsthrillseeker

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 12:54 - Nov 19 by thrillseeker

Damp & grey here in Colchester but I am up for a shock and predicting a home win today.

Be interesting to see starting XI and starting formation.

2-1 to the U's

OK - score was wrong but I put money where my mouth is and got 8/5 on a home win

Ashley & Smith were immense today
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:49 - Nov 19 with 857 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 22:39 - Nov 19 by thrillseeker

OK - score was wrong but I put money where my mouth is and got 8/5 on a home win

Ashley & Smith were immense today

In fairness we did today what our play deserved last week.

Bring on the Gas

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 23:30 - Nov 19 with 846 viewsnoah4x4

Remember when Norwich and Southampton were bottom in November and got promoted?

Shite, I am sounding like Durham now…..far too much optimism
Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 23:40 - Nov 19 with 844 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 23:30 - Nov 19 by noah4x4

Remember when Norwich and Southampton were bottom in November and got promoted?

Shite, I am sounding like Durham now…..far too much optimism

Noah we have 14 points at present.

We have 27 games to play and would need 72 points for a likely top seven finish.

58 points required from those 27 games.

Normally 2 points per game on average results in promotion.

We just need fractionally over that for the Play Offs. Probably 19 wins will do.

If 11 wins secures League Two status, then it's not that much more for the Play Offs

Bring it on.

Nurse bring me my meds!

Up the U's

MB would be canonised if he achieved that feat.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 23:41]

Durham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:28 - Nov 21 with 671 viewsLeadbelly

Went on Saturday and was very surprised by the performance and result. Three great goals and a solid team effort.

Most pleasing aspects were we actually looked like we had a plan, that we looked like we were trying to win and were prepared to have a shot when a chance presented itself. So much of that has been absent for far too long. I can cope with losing as long as players know what's expected of them and they perform as expected.

I may go again this year!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 655 viewsdurham_exile

Change in fortunes for the Super U's against Donny Rovers on 17:28 - Nov 21 by Leadbelly

Went on Saturday and was very surprised by the performance and result. Three great goals and a solid team effort.

Most pleasing aspects were we actually looked like we had a plan, that we looked like we were trying to win and were prepared to have a shot when a chance presented itself. So much of that has been absent for far too long. I can cope with losing as long as players know what's expected of them and they perform as expected.

I may go again this year!

LB you want to go Wednesday night to see the Gas examine our new found confidence.

I think we will suprise them.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024