Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's 17:49 - Nov 23 with 1183 viewsdurham_exile

Crisis what crisis. Colchester at last started to show the promise that MB has been trying to instil into them on Saturday.

After a much needed, thoroughly deserved and very impressive 3-0 victory over Donny Rovers, the U’s get a breather from league action with Bristol Rovers and everyone’s hate figure Joey Barton coming to the City of Colchester for this evening’s Papa John’s Trophy knock out game.

With no game this weekend and the Mansfield game a week on Saturday MB can afford to play a very strong team this evening.

In fact, let’s keep things simple. I wouldn’t make any changes and go for an unchanged team (unless Hornby is injured).

So, 4,2,2,2

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kazeem

Ashley Judge

Newby Hannant

Tovide Nouble

Subs
O’Hara Sears Chilvers Longstaff Eastman Chesters Huws

Over the past few games Tchamadeu, Ashley, Tovide and Newby have been playing especially well. It was also good to see Longstaff and Huws get some minutes on Saturday.

iFollow is showing the game live tonight for a tenner.

Weather at the JCS will be 8 degrees Celsius, cloudy but dry.

Barton has been giving a lot of BS all week about making lots of changes. I don’t care he is going down with the Gas tonight at the revitalised JCS and the rejuvenated Super U’s. Now don’t get me wrong tonight will be no walkover but winning football matches is a nice feeling and victory tonight will be a boost for the Field Mill game.

Now whilst I am still realistically not looking beyond 48 points for safety. It is still possible to achieve 72 points this season for a top seven finish. Much depends upon shrewd arrivals in January and retention of our star assets but there is plenty of time to debate this in December.

England have made a great start to their World Cup campaign and I was delighted to see both Argentina and Germany beaten in their opening games.

In other news “Ainsley” Harriott has signed for Gillingham. Good luck to him except when we play them.

But lets get behind the U’s and look to make it back-to-back victories tonight. 2-1 to the Super U’s.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 18:54 - Nov 23 with 1147 viewsdurham_exile

Just the one change O'Hara in for the injured Hornby.

Collins on the bench.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:01 - Nov 23 with 1144 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'm glad that he's stuck with the same team apart from the enforced change. Bristol Rovers are there for the taking tonight and a win would be great for the confidence. With no game on Saturday it's a good opportunity to keep the players match fit as well.

Up the U's!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:31 - Nov 23 with 1130 viewswessex_exile

No commentary tonight?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:35 - Nov 23 with 1126 viewsmfb_cufc

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:31 - Nov 23 by wessex_exile

No commentary tonight?

Game is on iFollow.

edit. I see what you mean by no audio.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 19:39]

mfb

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:45 - Nov 23 with 1119 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:35 - Nov 23 by mfb_cufc

Game is on iFollow.

edit. I see what you mean by no audio.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 19:39]

The BBC Bristol commentary is playing.

We have started well.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:03 - Nov 23 with 1098 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 19:45 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

The BBC Bristol commentary is playing.

We have started well.

Come on the U's

Samson should have scored with his header from the corner.
Still we are more than holding our own.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:07 - Nov 23 with 1096 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:03 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Samson should have scored with his header from the corner.
Still we are more than holding our own.

Up the U's

Plenty of attacking intent from the U's

We are having the best of it.

Two decent chances from Col U.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:11 - Nov 23 with 1090 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:07 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Plenty of attacking intent from the U's

We are having the best of it.

Two decent chances from Col U.

Up the U's

Colchester commentary has just started.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:37 - Nov 23 with 1065 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:11 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Colchester commentary has just started.

Attendance 669 including 50 from Bristol

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:44 - Nov 23 with 1058 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:37 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Attendance 669 including 50 from Bristol

Come on the U's

Definitely not out of this

Step it up.

Sears and Longstaff on for Tovide and Judge

MB has got to give Samson Tovide support when he plays. This lone striker approach is wrong.

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:48 - Nov 23 with 1051 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:44 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

Definitely not out of this

Step it up.

Sears and Longstaff on for Tovide and Judge

MB has got to give Samson Tovide support when he plays. This lone striker approach is wrong.

Kwesi Appiah cannot come back soon enough.

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:51 - Nov 23 with 1043 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:48 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Kwesi Appiah cannot come back soon enough.

Sears well placed but fails to shoot on target.

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:55 - Nov 23 with 1041 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 20:51 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Sears well placed but fails to shoot on target.

At least 5 minutes wasted then.

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:01 - Nov 23 with 1034 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We've come back in this competition before this season.

COME ON U'S!!!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:06 - Nov 23 with 1024 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:01 - Nov 23 by RSCOSWORTH

We've come back in this competition before this season.

COME ON U'S!!!

Big Frank off Chilvers on.

12 mins plus injury of which there must be 8 mins

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:09 - Nov 23 with 1018 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:06 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Big Frank off Chilvers on.

12 mins plus injury of which there must be 8 mins

Let's push Junior Tchamadeu up front for the last minutes.

His pace would be useful.

Chesters on Newby off

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:11 - Nov 23 with 1016 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:09 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Let's push Junior Tchamadeu up front for the last minutes.

His pace would be useful.

Chesters on Newby off

Justice 1-1

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:14 - Nov 23 with 1011 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:11 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Justice 1-1

Come on we can win this game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:19 - Nov 23 with 1004 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:14 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Come on we can win this game

Up the U's

Only 7 mins should have been at least 9.

Still we can win this

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:24 - Nov 23 with 1001 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:19 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Only 7 mins should have been at least 9.

Still we can win this

Unlucky
Come on keep going

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:28 - Nov 23 with 985 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:24 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

Unlucky
Come on keep going

We deserved a chance at penalties.

Robbed of the chance.

Disappointed with the result but not the performance.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 22:49 - Nov 23 with 908 viewsnoah4x4

As one of the very cold, 669 fans in the ground, I can confirm a decent performance robbed by a O’Hara mistake, but that after we had already carelessly lost the ball in midfield. We continue to be ruthlessly punished for individual mistakes. But it didn’t feel like a defeat, more like relief that we are out of this meaningless competition and can now focus on the important matter of the league.

Emyr Hews back, but looked distinctly off the pace. Good use of subs by Bloomfield. Bristol Rovers looked dead on their feet, but they by then had snatched the winner.
Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 22:54 - Nov 23 with 903 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 22:49 - Nov 23 by noah4x4

As one of the very cold, 669 fans in the ground, I can confirm a decent performance robbed by a O’Hara mistake, but that after we had already carelessly lost the ball in midfield. We continue to be ruthlessly punished for individual mistakes. But it didn’t feel like a defeat, more like relief that we are out of this meaningless competition and can now focus on the important matter of the league.

Emyr Hews back, but looked distinctly off the pace. Good use of subs by Bloomfield. Bristol Rovers looked dead on their feet, but they by then had snatched the winner.

Noah good to hear you are back.

We can now focus on getting away from the basement of this wretched league.

At least we have several days to get Appiah back and then he can play alongside Tovide.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 09:32 - Nov 24 with 802 viewswessex_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 21:28 - Nov 23 by durham_exile

We deserved a chance at penalties.

Robbed of the chance.

Disappointed with the result but not the performance.

Up the U's

My sentiments exactly, gutted we didn’t get to the penalty shootout we deserved, but not disappointed with the performance. Bristol Rovers are a good League 1 side, no disgrace there.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 11:03 - Nov 24 with 787 viewsdurham_exile

Gas to be deflated at JCS by Super U's on 09:32 - Nov 24 by wessex_exile

My sentiments exactly, gutted we didn’t get to the penalty shootout we deserved, but not disappointed with the performance. Bristol Rovers are a good League 1 side, no disgrace there.

Wessex at least MB has plenty of time to get the training ground routines sorted.

We should also have Appiah back and firing for the game against the Stags.

Interesting last night that we more than held our own against Barton's mob.

I thought Marquis was poor last night. Attitude and approach all wrong from a player who hitherto has been one of the best lower league strikers.

I am disappointed because it would have been good to have maintained that winning feeling.

Tchamadeu is simply outstanding.
Ashley was injured but hopefully nothing serious.

I'm not sure about O'Hara. He made some great saves and then perhaps was unlucky with their winner.

If we can play Appiah and Tovide together that could be a fruitful combination.

Smith seems to have come back renewed.

Lots of positives in summary.

Realistically I need to temper any fanciful talk of creeping into the top seven.

It's all about 48 points and survival.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024