Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill 22:17 - Dec 2 with 1746 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester head to Mansfield tomorrow for a vital League Two game. Field Mill will offer the U’s the opportunity to improve on a lamentable Away record which has seen the club secure only a solitary point on the road in the league.

Furthermore, it will be 10 days since we last played a first team game. During that time Mansfield have crashed out of the F A Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy. However, the Stags sit just outside the top seven in ninth place with 30 points from 19 games. The U’s are 22nd with 14 points from 19 games played.

Now although there once again seems to be little word on U’s availability I hope that MB will be able to put Kwesi Appiah back in the starting XI since his return from treatment at Crawley for a hamstring injury.

Frankly I wouldn’t make any other change to the starting XI other than Sam Hornby between the sticks.

So, 4,2,2,2 it should be:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kazeem

Ashley Judge

Newby Hannant

Appiah Tovide

Subs
O’Hara Chilvers Longstaff Huws Chesters Eastman Sears

Mansfield weather will be 6 degrees Celsius, cloudy, with up to a chance of 33% precipitation.

Tomorrow offers the welcome opportunity to meet up with Gerry for a spot of lunch before the game.

I forecast a 2-1 Away win with Appiah making an instant return and scoring a vital goal and able supported by Samson Tovide.

Main talking points are Chilvers and Longstaff. Do they both have a future at the club. Longstaff is due to return to Newcastle at Christmas. He will be out of contract in the summer and although Barnsley are keen to sign him with our increased transfer budget could we make an outrageous bid. I like him and when fit he operates well in midfield.

Chilvers is an enigma. The next big thing after Crystal Place and Spurs but this season he has been ineffectual. What is going on, could we sell him and if so for how much and to whom.

Two players to hang onto Junior Tchamadeu and Ossama Ashley who although on loan could be tempted if we start to climb the table.

Bez Lubala what has happened to him. Just started to play well then injured since then he has gone missing in action. Do Blackpool want him back, I'm not sure but why isn't he playing?

Tom Dallison is he ready to start back soon after injury. Is Marley Marshall-Miranda fit to play as well.

The answers to these questions are out there.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Get right behind MB tomorrow.

Enjoy the game and three more points towards survival and that 48-point target.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 22:24 - Dec 2 with 1744 viewsnoah4x4

See you there Durham and Gerry. But we have been warned there’s no toilet on tomorrow’s CUSA bus, so got to go steady in the bar! Gonna be a long day as the Fury fight is on box when we get home. Time to catch up with a few bevy’s then!

P.s, What’s happened to Michael Folivi?
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 22:30 - Dec 2 with 1738 viewsdurham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 22:24 - Dec 2 by noah4x4

See you there Durham and Gerry. But we have been warned there’s no toilet on tomorrow’s CUSA bus, so got to go steady in the bar! Gonna be a long day as the Fury fight is on box when we get home. Time to catch up with a few bevy’s then!

P.s, What’s happened to Michael Folivi?

Noah safe journey. See you at the game.

I have been asking the same question about Folivi. He appears to have done a Lord Lucan and disappeared.

Sadly I don't think we will see him back at the club.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 23:06 - Dec 2 with 1729 viewsgerry_us

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 22:30 - Dec 2 by durham_exile

Noah safe journey. See you at the game.

I have been asking the same question about Folivi. He appears to have done a Lord Lucan and disappeared.

Sadly I don't think we will see him back at the club.

Up the U's

Wow, a loo less bus eh.
Gonna be a long day.
I won't offer you a pint at half-time.
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 11:07 - Dec 3 with 1656 viewsWitham

Wrap up warm. It's sunny but very cold just up the road in Chesterfield where the market is in full swing. Better than misty Thursday in the land of the Prince Bishops (that's a reference for you Durham)

Looking forward to 3 points today.
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 13:02 - Dec 3 with 1638 viewsWitham

Having left Chesterfield in the sun its now raining in Mansfield, whose fans aren't expecting much from their team today
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 14:46 - Dec 3 with 1618 viewswessex_exile

Good result for Salford (and the U's) with three second half goals to beat Gillingham 3-0 at the Priestfield.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 15:15 - Dec 3 with 1607 viewswessex_exile

Looked a nailed on penalty for the Stags, but I'm not complaining the ref said no. However, what a strike from Newby! 1-0 to the U's!

Up the U's

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 15:57 - Dec 3 with 1598 viewsWitham

Attocious defending for the Mansfield goal
Login to get fewer ads

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 17:04 - Dec 3 with 1561 viewswessex_exile

Gutted - decent performance which deserved more. Whether their winner was offside or not, our defending should have been better. If there's a silver lining, we have at least seen a considerable improvement in goal difference compared to those around us.

Up the U's

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 17:24 - Dec 3 with 1547 viewsnoah4x4

Another brilliant free kick to lead, then the Stags are denied a clear cut penalty, so I thought it was going to be our day. But quite simply, we were beaten by the more committed and decisive team. Hannant back to his awful worst. Judge ineffective. Chambers and Calamity Smith back to normal. Good to see Durham and Gerry, but few other positives except our goal difference improved!
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 17:55 - Dec 3 with 1531 viewsdurham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 17:24 - Dec 3 by noah4x4

Another brilliant free kick to lead, then the Stags are denied a clear cut penalty, so I thought it was going to be our day. But quite simply, we were beaten by the more committed and decisive team. Hannant back to his awful worst. Judge ineffective. Chambers and Calamity Smith back to normal. Good to see Durham and Gerry, but few other positives except our goal difference improved!

Incredibly I still think we will get out of this mess.

Good to see Gerry, Noah and John.

I think 164 of the faithful.
Better team lost.
More later.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 17:58 - Dec 3 with 1527 viewsdurham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 11:07 - Dec 3 by Witham

Wrap up warm. It's sunny but very cold just up the road in Chesterfield where the market is in full swing. Better than misty Thursday in the land of the Prince Bishops (that's a reference for you Durham)

Looking forward to 3 points today.

Witham yes a lot of mist and fog this week in the darkest North.

Safe journey home.

Best team lost today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 19:50 - Dec 3 with 1476 viewsgerry_us

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 17:24 - Dec 3 by noah4x4

Good to see you Noah.
Understand what you said about your coach driver. Followed you home all the way from Mansfield to the the A1 at Newark. Yaaaaawn!
Home by midnight?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 19:52]
Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 23:18 - Dec 3 with 1413 viewsnoah4x4

Stags to be culled by Super U's at Field Mill on 19:50 - Dec 3 by gerry_us

Good to see you Noah.
Understand what you said about your coach driver. Followed you home all the way from Mansfield to the the A1 at Newark. Yaaaaawn!
Home by midnight?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 19:52]

Home by 21-05, just in time for the Fury v Chisora fight. Bit of a non-event, as Fury was always in control and oddly compassionate towards his brave pal who still took a lot of punishment. Frankly, a bit annoying with so many betting upon Fury stopping him inside rounds 1-4. I saw Usyk v AJ live at WHL and Fury won’t have as easy a time versus the super fit and fast Ukrainian.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024