Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cavalry 11:25 - Mar 22 with 13844 viewsozranger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/inside-training-220323/

How many can you spot - Chair, Willock, Balogen..
The Cavalry on 13:44 - Mar 22 with 3082 viewsgazza1

No Field (that I saw)....could have been carrying a ankle/knee issue for a couple of matches - needed treatment during games recently. One of those guys who plays with a knock.
The Cavalry on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 3097 viewsBoston

The Cavalry on 12:17 - Mar 22 by Rs_Holy

thank God the Cavalry are here..... hooray!

[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 12:18]

Next game, Saturday week, 3pm, Little Big Horn Stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Cavalry on 13:52 - Mar 22 with 3063 viewscolinallcars

The Cavalry on 13:46 - Mar 22 by Boston

Next game, Saturday week, 3pm, Little Big Horn Stadium.

As long as it's not at Wounded Knee.
The Cavalry on 13:54 - Mar 22 with 3047 viewstoboboly

The Cavalry on 13:44 - Mar 22 by gazza1

No Field (that I saw)....could have been carrying a ankle/knee issue for a couple of matches - needed treatment during games recently. One of those guys who plays with a knock.

Balogun doing well after that double amputation you mentioned a few weeks ago

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Cavalry on 13:56 - Mar 22 with 3037 viewswortonranger

Is that Kelli from the u18’s watching on? Good that different squads are there at the same time?
Plus great tactic of having no goalkeepers. Even Sinclair seemed to score!
The Cavalry on 13:59 - Mar 22 with 3009 viewsBoston

The Cavalry on 13:52 - Mar 22 by colinallcars

As long as it's not at Wounded Knee.

...or Ainsworth's last stand.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Cavalry on 14:14 - Mar 22 with 2960 viewsLazyFan

We have seen Laird at these training vids before, yet he never made the bench. Kakay is, I would assume out as a precaution as per the rules so, I expect him back before Laird.

I did like the session of trying to beat two players at the end. I notice it was Paal and Chair so, I assume they are doing extra as they are the furthest away from fitness.

Still the same old problem with pros. no shinpads in training. Why should they wear them? Well apart from the obvious to avoid some stupid training ground injury, the main reason is that's whats needed in the real game.

Pros will often say "well I practice better without them, learning new skills". Wrong, you improve yes and then it all goes wrong when on the day you have to put them back on. Train for the real game, not some fantasy land.

The real game requires them so, train for that. Just like the exercise where they have to beat two players, that is a really good practice exercise. That's what we want when you are up against it to use your elite pro skills to get out of the situation.

zzzzzzzzzz

The Cavalry on 14:16 - Mar 22 with 2949 viewsSonofpugwash

Could be our Wigan Waterloo.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

The Cavalry on 14:21 - Mar 22 with 2943 viewsDannyPaddox

Is it here yet?
The Cavalry on 14:37 - Mar 22 with 2873 viewsOldPedro

The Cavalry on 14:14 - Mar 22 by LazyFan

We have seen Laird at these training vids before, yet he never made the bench. Kakay is, I would assume out as a precaution as per the rules so, I expect him back before Laird.

I did like the session of trying to beat two players at the end. I notice it was Paal and Chair so, I assume they are doing extra as they are the furthest away from fitness.

Still the same old problem with pros. no shinpads in training. Why should they wear them? Well apart from the obvious to avoid some stupid training ground injury, the main reason is that's whats needed in the real game.

Pros will often say "well I practice better without them, learning new skills". Wrong, you improve yes and then it all goes wrong when on the day you have to put them back on. Train for the real game, not some fantasy land.

The real game requires them so, train for that. Just like the exercise where they have to beat two players, that is a really good practice exercise. That's what we want when you are up against it to use your elite pro skills to get out of the situation.

I really don't understand why so many professional players these days seem to wear very small shinpads that don't provide any proper protection against injury. They are only 1 bad tackle away from a career ending injury.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Cavalry on 14:48 - Mar 22 with 2832 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Cavalry on 14:37 - Mar 22 by OldPedro

I really don't understand why so many professional players these days seem to wear very small shinpads that don't provide any proper protection against injury. They are only 1 bad tackle away from a career ending injury.

Was going to say something similar - players basically don't wear shin pads anymore in games, so why bother in training. The things they wear are so small it's like putting a matchbox down your sock.

Reality is, a shin pad won't do anything if you get a leg breaker, I suppose. Most injuries are muscle related.

Bare bones.

The Cavalry on 15:21 - Mar 22 with 2738 viewsconnell10

The Cavalry on 14:48 - Mar 22 by Antti_Heinola

Was going to say something similar - players basically don't wear shin pads anymore in games, so why bother in training. The things they wear are so small it's like putting a matchbox down your sock.

Reality is, a shin pad won't do anything if you get a leg breaker, I suppose. Most injuries are muscle related.

And bone related or lack of back bone to be more precise!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Cavalry on 15:26 - Mar 22 with 2718 viewssdm1508

This all kinda goes back to something I said about the media team not helping themselves. Why not just say 'inside training' and let the viewer/fan comment how they want rather than jumping on a phrase that GA used? Will just cause more problems if we are made to believe that things will change and if we lose again. Just setting everyone up for a big fall.
The Cavalry on 15:42 - Mar 22 with 2666 viewsRangersw12

Christ our media team need to read the room. If they have to put content out just do it without the "bants" FFS
The Cavalry on 15:42 - Mar 22 with 2668 viewsStanisgod

The Cavalry on 12:39 - Mar 22 by ted_hendrix

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;" ( Bill Shakespeare )

" So that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best." (Stanley Onion or Unwin, I'm not sure which).

Classic. did have a Stanley Unwin LP once.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Cavalry on 16:25 - Mar 22 with 2564 viewsPinnerPaul

We have been just as bad with the "cavalry"

We scored 1 goal in 5 games before Beale left

Last season's poor run started BEFORE Seny, Willock injured

Football's funny isn't it, whereby a perceived truth becomes THE truth after a while!
The Cavalry on 16:30 - Mar 22 with 2553 viewsjoolsyp

The Cavalry on 14:14 - Mar 22 by LazyFan

I noticed Khadra for Birmingham didn't wear shinpads last weekend. Who was the last player for QPR not to wear them? Stainrod? Bowles? Thomas? Ainsworth?
The Cavalry on 16:44 - Mar 22 with 2528 viewsHAYESBOY

I can hear the hamstrings pinging from Uxbridge.

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Cavalry on 17:34 - Mar 22 with 2443 viewsbosh67

Wish we had a point since Christmas...

We should run out to this...
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 17:36]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Cavalry on 17:43 - Mar 22 with 2425 viewsTW_R

The Cavalry on 11:45 - Mar 22 by DannyPaddox

Loic Remy in there?

I'm assuming he's available for the play-off final?
The Cavalry on 17:50 - Mar 22 with 2406 viewsBklynRanger

The Cavalry on 16:25 - Mar 22 by PinnerPaul

Football's funny isn't it, whereby a perceived truth becomes THE truth after a while!

We'd certainly gone into a definite slump, which WartFace apparently didn't have the right powerpoint to get us out of, but I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as now.

I think that's more about there being different types and levels of bad. If we could get back to the old bad that would be serious progress!...
The Cavalry on 17:52 - Mar 22 with 2392 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Cavalry on 15:42 - Mar 22 by Rangersw12

Christ our media team need to read the room. If they have to put content out just do it without the "bants" FFS

Agree - they sort of have to put stuff out, but headlines like this and and the Haka video set you up for a needless fall.

Bare bones.

The Cavalry on 18:00 - Mar 22 with 2350 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Cavalry on 16:25 - Mar 22 by PinnerPaul

Hmm. You've tried this before and it's no more correct than it was last time.

To illustrate. Arsenal recently failed to win in 4 consecutive games, losing 3. They then snapped the run. So the run was stopped quickly. But if they had lost two or three key players to injury and carried on losing, the run would have been extended and exacerbated due to those injuries. Last season, what may have just been a sticky patch was exacerbated by several key injuries happening in short succession. The truth is, we do not *know* what would have happened if Willock, Seny etc had stayed fit, but it could have been different. Certainly it's fair to suggest just having Seny in goal would have made a large differencxe considering our issues there last season.

Your version is no more truthful than the one you seek to skewer.

Equally, a bad run did start under Beale, but had he stayed, or had there been no interminible rumours, or had Willock not been at half fitness, things might have turned round much ore quickly. You're making assumptions which are no more or less true than the idea that the poor runs were down to injuries.

Bare bones.

The Cavalry on 19:57 - Mar 22 with 2112 viewsDeanoMD

The Cavalry on 12:41 - Mar 22 by aston_hoop

And now if none of them are fit for Wigan, the club have again made a rod for their own back putting this out.

Presume we'll have a behind closed doors game during the International break to get some minutes into legs anyway

I would put money on none of them being available for Wigan, you can see it coming a mile off......
The Cavalry on 20:45 - Mar 22 with 1974 viewsgazza1

The Cavalry on 13:54 - Mar 22 by toboboly

Balogun doing well after that double amputation you mentioned a few weeks ago

Fantasy time as usual!!!!!

No mention of double amputation......broken bone in his foot. He isn't back yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024