Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season 11:05 - Mar 31 with 1853 viewsthrillseeker

I am confident we will stay up so was looking at new teams next season from a distance point of view

Relegated from League One
Ideal - FGR, Cambridge, Oxford, MK Dons
Likely - FGR, Cambridge, Morecombe & Accrington (2 unwanted long journeys)

Promoted from League Two
Ideal - Carlisle, Stockport, Salford, Bradford.
Likely - Leyton O, whilst next 3 are difficult to predict. Would be great if Carlisle could be promoted especially if Morecombe & Accrington are relegated. An added bonus if Northampton & Stevenage could mess things up and be replaced with the northern teams mentioned

Relegated from League Two
Ideal - Rochdale, Hartlepool
Likely - Rochdale Hartlepool

Promoted from National League
Ideal - Barnet, Boreham Wood
Likely - Hollywood, Notts County. (hoping Notts County mess up the Play Offs)

Next season could see a welcome reduction in distance travelled

Apologies to our fans located in Northern regions for the selfish view taken
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 11:06]
Next season on 11:28 - Mar 31 with 1790 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Glad someone is! Really hope we're not planning trips to Solihull and Maidenhead any time soon!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Next season on 11:50 - Mar 31 with 1787 viewswessex_exile

Next season on 11:28 - Mar 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Glad someone is! Really hope we're not planning trips to Solihull and Maidenhead any time soon!

LOL, although I wouldn't complain about Maidenhead tbh

From an entirely selfish SW perspective, my votes would be for the following:

Relegated from League 1
MK Dons, Oxford, Cambridge and FGR

Promoted from League 2
Be nice if Carlisle and Stockport could spoil Northampton and Stevenage's promotion party, but can't see Orient missing out (even after 4 draws on the bounce).

Relegated from League 2
Rochdale and Hartlepool naturally.

To be honest, other than Wrexham, all of those currently in the top 7 would be okay for me, even Notts County and Chesterfield (particularly the latter for social reasons). I'd love to see Wrexham fall at the final hurdle and then miss out on the play-offs, so I'll go for Notts County and Barnet as my first choice.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Next season on 12:02 - Mar 31 with 1785 viewsthrillseeker

Next season on 11:28 - Mar 31 by RSCOSWORTH

RSC - unusual for you to be so downbeat.

Just in case we are relegated

Relegated with us
Ideal - Crawley
Likely - Rochdale

Ideal - Hollywood, Chesterfield
Likely - Hollywood, Notts County

Relegated from National League
Ideal - Scunthorpe, Gateshead, Torquay, Yeovil
Likely - Maidstone. Scunthorpe, Torquay, Dorking

Promoted from National League South
Ideal - Chelmsford, Braintree
Likely - Ebbsfleet (guaranteed) Chelmsford

Promoted from National League North
Ideal - Kings Lynn, Brackley
Likely - AFC Fylde, Chester
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 12:06]
Next season on 12:18 - Mar 31 with 1777 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next season on 12:02 - Mar 31 by thrillseeker

RSC - unusual for you to be so downbeat.

Just in case we are relegated

Relegated with us
Ideal - Crawley
Likely - Rochdale

Ideal - Hollywood, Chesterfield
Likely - Hollywood, Notts County

Relegated from National League
Ideal - Scunthorpe, Gateshead, Torquay, Yeovil
Likely - Maidstone. Scunthorpe, Torquay, Dorking

Promoted from National League South
Ideal - Chelmsford, Braintree
Likely - Ebbsfleet (guaranteed) Chelmsford

Promoted from National League North
Ideal - Kings Lynn, Brackley
Likely - AFC Fylde, Chester
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 12:06]

I'm not downbeat just genuinely concerned. We cannot go down, it's as simple as that. Could end up with a few Essex derbies though if we do.

Next season on 10:03 - Apr 24 with 1550 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Turns out you were right, not sure what I was getting worried about now. Of course we were always going to go unbeaten in April and get 12 points from 18!

We now know that we'll be playing Forest Green and Wrexham next season and won't be playing Leyton Orient and Rochdale.

Next season on 06:53 - Apr 25 with 1490 viewsnoah4x4

A bonus is that the only venue I have never visited in the bottom three divisions is Hartlepool. It has always clashed with cricket, or been played behind closed doors or during an illness, or some similar absence. So if Notts County get promoted with Wrexham, I am therefore one closer to achieving the 92 without even leaving my sofa.

The ones I am then missing (all Premier) will probably take me years. I am not paying silly money to watch overpaid primary donnas dive, cheat, clutch faces when (admittedly) kicked and generally rolling about conning referees unless they are playing the U’s. I know they try it in LeagueTwo, but less effectively. Might take me years to achieve the last few of the 92.
Next season on 09:37 - Apr 25 with 1469 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next season on 06:53 - Apr 25 by noah4x4

A bonus is that the only venue I have never visited in the bottom three divisions is Hartlepool. It has always clashed with cricket, or been played behind closed doors or during an illness, or some similar absence. So if Notts County get promoted with Wrexham, I am therefore one closer to achieving the 92 without even leaving my sofa.

The ones I am then missing (all Premier) will probably take me years. I am not paying silly money to watch overpaid primary donnas dive, cheat, clutch faces when (admittedly) kicked and generally rolling about conning referees unless they are playing the U’s. I know they try it in LeagueTwo, but less effectively. Might take me years to achieve the last few of the 92.

I'm probably 82 short of the 92! If they have to be league games then I might be 90 short!

Next season on 12:14 - Apr 25 with 1447 viewsburnsieespana

On the subject of next season what is our level of optimism?
I think, so long as BG doesn't get lured away we will be tip 7.
We will I am sure loose Junior and Noah but hang onto Samson.
Among the 10 or so out of contract who is likely to stay? Feel a o e year contract for Xhambers and Skuse but think we won't see Eastman in our colours again.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season on 12:36 - Apr 25 with 1445 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next season on 12:14 - Apr 25 by burnsieespana

On the subject of next season what is our level of optimism?
I think, so long as BG doesn't get lured away we will be tip 7.
We will I am sure loose Junior and Noah but hang onto Samson.
Among the 10 or so out of contract who is likely to stay? Feel a o e year contract for Xhambers and Skuse but think we won't see Eastman in our colours again.

Can't say I disagree with any of that.

I think most of the out of contract players will leave. I don't see too many coming in apart from replacing Chilvers and Junior if they do go, which I expect them to.

Next season on 18:04 - Apr 25 with 1404 viewswessex_exile

Next season on 12:36 - Apr 25 by RSCOSWORTH

Can't say I disagree with any of that.

I think most of the out of contract players will leave. I don't see too many coming in apart from replacing Chilvers and Junior if they do go, which I expect them to.

Yep, definitely sign Skuse and Chambers for another year if their legs can take it. I think we'll also take Connor Wood on a contract if he's surplus to requirements for Orient. I'd be tempted to take Freddie on a one year extension if he's interested - he offers an alternative dimension and Akinde and/or Tovide will need preiodic rotation. That being said, Hopper should be stepping up in that role. If we sell Chilvers (assuming we activate the 1 year extension clause), then that will give space for Matt Jay to show what he can do, but I have a sneaky suspicion we'll try and hold onto Chilvers and Tchamadeu until January, then cash them in. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Tom Smith - Arsenal may have ambitions to test him out at League 1 level?

Up the U's

Next season on 18:05 - Apr 25 with 1403 viewsthrillseeker

Next season on 09:37 - Apr 25 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm probably 82 short of the 92! If they have to be league games then I might be 90 short!

I am on 75 of the current 92 and done a fair non league as well

Haven't done Wrexham & FGR so hopefully these matches will fall kindly on a day I can go
Next season on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 1399 viewswessex_exile

Next season on 18:05 - Apr 25 by thrillseeker

I am on 75 of the current 92 and done a fair non league as well

Haven't done Wrexham & FGR so hopefully these matches will fall kindly on a day I can go

I've slipped to just 58 now that a dozen of my previous visits have dropped into non-league.

Up the U's

Next season on 13:36 - May 7 with 1177 viewsmfb_cufc

Doesn't look like we will be playing Notts County next season. They are currently losing 2-0 to Boreham Wood at half-time, in the play-off semi-final.

Edit. Notts County get a 96th minute equaliser to take the game to extra time.

Edit. Notts County win 3-2 AET, as they get a 120th minute winner.

In other news Forest Green Rovers, Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and MK Dons are relegated from League 1.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 15:21]

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024