Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! 21:34 - Aug 27 with 1242 viewswessex_exile

A while back I mentioned in the OMB Club United forum that I was in conversation with the club regarding the seat design. Turned out Robbie really liked the idea, but rather than go through the Club United process, his suggestion was that we collectively did it ourselves as a proper supporters and club working together in collaboration. To that end, Robbie, Bluesmonkey, my son and myself gathered at the JobServe today to make a start, with the aim to be 100% sustainable just swapping like for like and having a blue eagle in S3 and a white eagle in N3 - no leftovers and no need to buy anything new.

We made a decent start too, with the first five rows of the design (from the top) already finished, and only nine more rows to go. With the U's at Warsaw on Saturday, we intend to finish the job next Sunday, and Robbie, my son and myself are already confirmed, and whilst I can't speak for Bluesmonkey, I'm sure he's going to be there too.

Ideally, we'll need four teams of three to get it done nice and prompt - two teams on the South stand, two on the North stand. So we're looking for 8+ volunteers to come along to the JobServe for 10am next Sunday (3rd September) to complete the job, and more importantly be part of something that as a football club we can all be proud of. A few more than 12 won't go amiss, as there's lots of logistics to do as well, but we obviously don't want to be tripping over each other.

Do also be aware, it is physical manual labour, so bear that in mind, and with the greatest of respect, if you volunteer (thank you!), barring famine fire or flood, we will need you to show.

Volunteers, please sign on the dotted line below.

(Oh, and if you have 10mm spanners and/or socket wrenches, it wouldn't hurt to bring them along too).
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 21:35]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 12:45 - Aug 28 with 1165 viewsburnsieespana

That is fantastic wessex.
Only sorry can't volunteer as not in the UK but good luck and hope to see some pictures.
Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 14:15 - Aug 28 with 1151 viewswessex_exile

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 12:45 - Aug 28 by burnsieespana

That is fantastic wessex.
Only sorry can't volunteer as not in the UK but good luck and hope to see some pictures.

Thanks Burnsie, that's much appreciated. I know many on here are either exiles or the wrong side of 65+ (no offence those that aren't), but on the OMB we're already up to 10 of the 12 volunteers needed, so I reckon we'll be okay for numbers.

Up the U's

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 14:23 - Aug 28 with 1145 viewsMoor_Pinot

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 14:15 - Aug 28 by wessex_exile

Thanks Burnsie, that's much appreciated. I know many on here are either exiles or the wrong side of 65+ (no offence those that aren't), but on the OMB we're already up to 10 of the 12 volunteers needed, so I reckon we'll be okay for numbers.

Yes you're right about age there Wessex and tis a long way from Bodmin Moor I regret! Nevertheless, in another time I'd have come. I applaud your determination and am glad Mr Cowling's seen the good of it. I really hope it goes well and nobody injures their fingers!

Moor Pinot

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 1132 viewsgerry_us

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 14:15 - Aug 28 by wessex_exile

Offence taken
Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 09:26 - Aug 31 with 1043 viewsDaniel

Love this. It's exactly what I called for when the idea was first touted, so I'm glad it's finally come together as a collaborative effort between the club and its supporters.

Sadly family commitments mean I can't join, but there was a time I would have been all over this.
Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 13:01 - Aug 31 with 1038 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Great work on this Wessex. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all finished. Have you got any in progress photos? My dad and uncle would've been up for helping with this but with a combined age of nearly 150 probably aren't the ideal candidates.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 18:34 - Aug 31 with 1016 viewswessex_exile

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 13:01 - Aug 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Great work on this Wessex. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all finished. Have you got any in progress photos? My dad and uncle would've been up for helping with this but with a combined age of nearly 150 probably aren't the ideal candidates.

I've got a few working shots from last Sunday RS, which I'll post in Saturday's KMB blog, and plans are afoot to capture some time-lapse footage next Sunday as well, which I'd imagine the club might be interested in using. Bless your dad and uncle for their drive, but I doubt Robbie could afford the InjuryLawyers4U pay-outs

Up the U's

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 1007 viewsdurham_exile

An excellent idea and you should all feel very proud when the design is finished.

I look forward to seeing the completed work when I get to my next home game.
Well done Wessex
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 05:48 - Sep 2 with 966 viewsnoah4x4

Saw the design (half-finished) last evening during the U21s. Well done chaps!

Struck me it was like a giant Rubiks Cube puzzle as it requires the swapping of a blue seat in the North Stand with an identically located white seat in the South Stand to produce an inverted mirror image Eagle at each end. Clever!

If my assumption is correct, somebody has already run the length of the pitch about 200x carrying chairs and the project deserves a bit of time-lapse photography just for that. It is logistical genius, sustainable and free. Robbie would like that. I can also see why it might appeal to Wessex as a future club legacy in an archeological “How did they do that?” fashion.
Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 20:30 - Sep 3 with 912 viewsmfb_cufc

How the South Stand looks now.

mfb

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 20:51 - Sep 3 with 908 viewswessex_exile

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 20:30 - Sep 3 by mfb_cufc

How the South Stand looks now.

Fantastic mfb_cufc, and well done for working so hard on this along with many others (also including Tropical_Us with us in the South Stand).

Noah - in answer to the archaeological riddle, it's a bit like "how did they build the pyramids?" The answer being whips

Up the U's

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 22:16 - Sep 3 with 902 viewswessex_exile

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 20:51 - Sep 3 by wessex_exile

Fantastic mfb_cufc, and well done for working so hard on this along with many others (also including Tropical_Us with us in the South Stand).

Noah - in answer to the archaeological riddle, it's a bit like "how did they build the pyramids?" The answer being whips

Incidentally mfb and Tropical, I'm putting together a roll-call of those who participated for the club. If you don't mind, can you PM me your full name for the list? If you prefer anonymity, I'll run with your message board names.

Up the U's

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 09:29 - Sep 4 with 877 viewsburnsieespana

Excellent work everybody from conception to completion.
Very impressive
Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 10:31 - Sep 4 with 868 viewsMoor_Pinot

Echoing Burnsie, very well done indeed. Brilliant. Thank you.

Moor Pinot

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 21:38 - Sep 6 with 781 viewsDaniel

We're the pictures on the club's site take before it was finished or did no one spot that the north stand doesn't match the south stand? There are a couple of seats that are misplaced

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 05:42 - Sep 7 with 767 viewswessex_exile

Stadium Eagle seat design - Our club needs you! on 21:38 - Sep 6 by Daniel

We're the pictures on the club's site take before it was finished or did no one spot that the north stand doesn't match the south stand? There are a couple of seats that are misplaced

I mentioned this to Robbie yesterday, and he said they’re being swapped over this week apparently.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 5:47]

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024