Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday 14:45 - Aug 31 with 1189 viewsdurham_exile

Following their magnificent victory at Gillingham last week BG’s Super U’s travel to the Bescot Stadium on Saturday to do battle with the Saddlers.

The weather appears to have settled down this week and it has been largely dry and reasonably warm in Durham. The Walsall weather on Saturday is to be sunny and 22 degrees Celsius and dry.

(Interestingly the weather in Warsaw on Saturday is also scheduled to be 22 degrees Celsius and sunny.)

Mat Sadler can call upon Brandon Comley the former U’s midfielder, but he also has striker Dylan Thomas at his disposal. He shares his name with the great Welsh poet”. Well, we will be looking for poetic justice with a resounding victory at the Bescot on Saturday.

Now tomorrow is the end of the current transfer window and rather than bring matters to a close we appear to have irons in the fire but no confirmed signings whilst Stoke city have signed a 15th player in the current window but have not yet nailed down Junior Tchamadeu.
Junior looks therefore at the moment to remain a Colchester player until at least Christmas.
Injuries have unfortunately hit Colchester hard with Iandolo, Dallison, Hopper and Akinde all out. Sadly, the excellent Nico Lawrence is also likely to be out for some time after his injury at Gillingham last weekend.

The U’s have been linked with bids for Tim Akinola the Nigerian born 22 years old Arsenal midfielder and 25 years old defender Corey Whelan from Carlisle. However, nothing has been confirmed yet.

All in all, we have a large squad of 41 players (many are academy players) but long-term injuries require us to make signings to help the team over the next few weeks.

It was great to see Fiacre Kelleher return to the side last Saturday and he notched his first goal for the season too.

So, I would opt for the following match day squad:

Goodman

Greenidge Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Bandeira Read Fevrier

Chilvers

Taylor Tovide

Subs
Smith, Jay Newby Kazeem Ihionvien Egbo Miranda

BG appears to have made his mind up regarding the Number one Goalkeeper but I am heartened by Tom Smith’s squad appearance.

In truth the ten outfield players that I have shown are probably the best players at present with the exception of Nico Lawrence who is going to be out for some little time unfortunately with ligament damage.

The victory last week cannot be ignored. It kick started our season and will have given the team great confidence and belief for the season. Therefore, I am going for an emphatic 4-1 win for the Super U’s with a brace each for Taylor and Tovide.

My tickets for Walsall and Crewe arrived this week. I had hoped to let the train take the strain this week but Brothers Whelan and Lynch have other ideas. Dylan Thomas (with apologies) would have perhaps written “do not go gentle into that good night of redundancy”.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful on Saturday. I will be heading down the M6 on Saturday and am looking forward to another valuable three points for the Super U’s.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 16:32]

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 18:27 - Aug 31 with 1130 viewswessex_exile

Excellent as ever Durham, thanks. This one was on my radar as an awayday, before Brothers Whelan and Lynch had their say. However, even if they hadn't, with a long day on Sunday over at the JobServe, I would have cancelled the Warsaw trip anyway. Let's hope I miss another absolute belter, after last Sunday's JobServe day spelled ruin for my Gillingham aspirations.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 21:56 - Sep 1 with 1054 viewsdurham_exile

I reckon Mingi will be on the bench in place of Miranda

Owura Edwards not able to play tomorrow unfortunately. Exciting signing and welcome back. Will wear the Number 11 shirt.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 00:33 - Sep 2 with 1039 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 21:56 - Sep 1 by durham_exile

I reckon Mingi will be on the bench in place of Miranda

Owura Edwards not able to play tomorrow unfortunately. Exciting signing and welcome back. Will wear the Number 11 shirt.

Up the U's

Your team for tomorrow is going to need at least one more change. Egbo in for Junior?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 06:47 - Sep 2 with 1022 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 00:33 - Sep 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Your team for tomorrow is going to need at least one more change. Egbo in for Junior?

I would play Newby but we wil see who BG selects.

I just hope that Stoke didn't get Junior on the cheap.
£1m was the minimum.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 10:27 - Sep 2 with 977 viewsburnsieespana

Could be a somewhat changed side today Durham
Not sure I u derstand why Edwards not available for today but assume a player has to sign by a certain time on a Friday for him to be eligible because of completing the required paperwork
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 11:40 - Sep 2 with 972 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 10:27 - Sep 2 by burnsieespana

Could be a somewhat changed side today Durham
Not sure I u derstand why Edwards not available for today but assume a player has to sign by a certain time on a Friday for him to be eligible because of completing the required paperwork

Agreed burnsie.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 12:25 - Sep 2 with 961 viewsbwildered

Let’s hope the unbeaten run ( ! ) continues, and not a after the Lord Mayor Show or new dawn performance which has become the norm . Only pitch performance counts .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 14:05 - Sep 2 with 945 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI

Goodman

Greenidge Kelleher Hall

Newby Egbo Read Fevrier

Chilvers

Tovide Taylor

Smith Jay Bandeira Mitchell Kazeem Thomas Ihionvien

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 16:00 - Sep 2 with 904 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 14:05 - Sep 2 by durham_exile

Starting XI

Goodman

Greenidge Kelleher Hall

Newby Egbo Read Fevrier

Chilvers

Tovide Taylor

Smith Jay Bandeira Mitchell Kazeem Thomas Ihionvien

Up the U's

We improved after Jay came on for Newby.

I don't understand why BG doesn't start Bandeira. We are short in midfield.

Second half to come. Give Tovide and Taylor more service.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 17:13 - Sep 2 with 874 viewswessex_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 16:00 - Sep 2 by durham_exile

We improved after Jay came on for Newby.

I don't understand why BG doesn't start Bandeira. We are short in midfield.

Second half to come. Give Tovide and Taylor more service.

Up the U's

Sounds like an after the Lord Mayor's show performance. Never really got in control of the game apart from isolated patches. Definitely the right call to bring on Jay for Newby, who seemed to be having a shocker, and (again) subbing Taylor before he was red-carded. Two home league games to come, so let's hope for six points - nothing less will do.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 17:41 - Sep 2 with 856 viewsCrashBandicoot

We really need our experienced players back to guide the youngsters more, however we were a tad unlucky not to scrape a draw at the end.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 19:39 - Sep 2 with 802 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot on Saturday on 17:13 - Sep 2 by wessex_exile

Sounds like an after the Lord Mayor's show performance. Never really got in control of the game apart from isolated patches. Definitely the right call to bring on Jay for Newby, who seemed to be having a shocker, and (again) subbing Taylor before he was red-carded. Two home league games to come, so let's hope for six points - nothing less will do.

My thoughts tomorrow but on the point about Taylor.

He gets frustrated because he gets no service but I can't condone when it boils over he made a rash challenge and was booked then there was a coming together and the Walsall faithful baying for blood.

BG hauled him off but I would have liked to see Ihionvien Taylor and Tovide for the last 20 minutes.

Failing that give him the ball

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024