Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS 22:51 - Sep 8 with 1406 viewsdurham_exile

Well, it comes to something when both teams reckon that tomorrow is a relegation six pointer in September!!

Wirral Rubbish!! Ian Dawes the Whites manager is under immense pressure to get a result. Chuck Norris is doubtful for the game, but I think he will be fed the correct amount of red meat to get him up and firing. Tranmere have also just signed Connor Wood who played 16 games for the U’s last season.

Anyway, it’s all about the Super U’s and whether we can secure our first home win of the season. As I wrote after the Walsall game we have a serious problem with injuries. Nico Lawrence is a big miss and Ellis Iandolo likewise. Tom Dallison is also injured and new signing Owura Edwards will be out for weeks with an ankle injury and Tom Hopper is hoping to be in the squad for Tuesday night.

Owen Goodman returned to the club on Thursday after training with the England U20 squad and is available to play on Saturday. I must admit I was hoping to see Tom Smith between the sticks on Saturday still never mind.

Now I don’t know much about Cameron McGeehan, Jay Mingi or Zach Mitchell but expect them all to feature in the match day 18. Big John is likely to be on the bench after training this week.

So, let’s think about the starting XI on Saturday.

Goodman

Kelleher Hall Egbo

Bandeira Read McGeehan Fevrier

Chilvers

Tovide Taylor

Subs:
Smith Kazeem Jay Ihionvien Mingi Mitchell Akinde

With Goodman returning he will get the nod over Tom Smith. Kells and Hall at the back with Egbo who I thought played well at the Bescot. Greenidge to give way after his no show last week. Similarly, Newby who was also poor to be dropped.

Cameron McGeehan with his experience must play in the midfield along with the outstanding Arthur Read and Mauro Bandeira (why doesn’t BG start him I wonder) and Jayden Fevrier who has just signed a new contract. Chilvers in the number ten position and Smash and Grab up front.

With the exception of Lawrence and Edwards that I believe is our best starting XI.

Of course, Mitchell and Mingi have yet to play so I reserve judgement on them both.

The weather which has been balmy this week, even in Durham, is set to be 28 degrees Celsius in Colchester tomorrow, very hot and dry. Plenty of drinks breaks required.

Oh, and for us Exiles the match is on iFollow because it is an International break. This must be sorted out because I’m not going to move to Thailand to watch the games so get the rights to watch EFL games at 3pm on a Saturday regardless of whether we are playing Ukraine in the Euro Qualifiers or whether it is a normal weekend for the Premier League games (which are played from Friday to Monday regardless).

Scoreline: Colchester United 2 Tranmere Rovers 0 Smash and Grab to score.

The new “Eagles” will be resplendent at the North and South stands after Wessex and colleagues sterling efforts over the past two weeks. Great work guys.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 14:05 - Sep 9 with 1319 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Tranmere: Goodman, Hall, Mitchell, Egbo, Kazeem, Read, McGeehan, Chilvers, Fevrier, Taylor, Tovide (three changes)

U's subs are Greenidge, Bandeira, Mingi, Thomas, Akinde, Ihionvien, Smith

mfb

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 14:07 - Sep 9 with 1319 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI

Goodman

Egbo Hall Kazeem

McGeehan Mitchell Read Fevrier

Chilvers

Tovide Taylor

Sub
Smith Greenidge Bandeira Mingi Akinde Thomas Ihionvien

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 14:46 - Sep 9 with 1308 viewsburnsieespana

Not the most resilient team lmo but let us hope.
Be happy with a draw.
Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 15:16 - Sep 9 with 1299 viewsdurham_exile

Smart finish from Taylor

That's more like it

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 16:00 - Sep 9 with 1277 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 15:16 - Sep 9 by durham_exile

Smart finish from Taylor

That's more like it

Up the U's

Deservedly 1-0 up but it should be more.

Referee overly officious with the bookings

Zach Mitchell looks a good prospect
Cameron McGeehan has had a good half.

Smash and Grab conflicting half. Taylor very sharp Tovide has got to be more clinical and avoid stupid bookings.

Jayden Fevrier impressive.

Arthur Read excellent again

More needed second half.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 16:06 - Sep 9 with 1275 viewswessex_exile

Agreed, should be 3 or 4-0 up, but very nearly 1-1 in added time. Got to remain focused and take the chances we're going to get second half.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 16:42 - Sep 9 with 1261 viewsdurham_exile

Injuries mounting up
Arthur Read left forearm injury.
Hopefully not broken.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:01 - Sep 9 with 1252 viewsdurham_exile

Thoroughly deserved three points.

A lot of strong performances.

Jayden Fevrier has been outstanding.

Still 7 mins but U's needed this home win.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:18 - Sep 9 with 1236 viewswessex_exile

Thoroughly deserved win, could have been more emphatic, but excellent performances all over the pitch!

Up the U's

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:26 - Sep 9 with 1228 viewsburnsieespana

Very happy to have been proved wrong so well done to BG and the boys.
Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:39 - Sep 9 with 1217 viewsgerry_us

Most encouraging BUT....
27 shots, 2 goals??
Regrettably we are still short of a reliable and natural goal scorer.
Onwards and upwards though.
Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:51 - Sep 9 with 1211 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:39 - Sep 9 by gerry_us

Most encouraging BUT....
27 shots, 2 goals??

I think a large amount of credit for that stat goes to McGee tbh.

Up the U's

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 19:15 - Sep 9 with 1177 viewsbwildered

Full credit to both sides in a decent game played in scorching conditions. Decent display by the U’s throughout where everyone played their part. Well taken goal by the tigerish Taylor aided by an excellent through ball by Read. Good clean sheet, but not much concern for Goodman apart from two efforts that went wrong side of the post just before half-time.
Visitors keeper busy with half dozen block efforts, without any superb saves. Should have scored well before the end, perhaps BG could have subbed the top two, ten minutes before, which then injected some extra pace to give the defence more toil in the heat.
But the guy that caught the eye was Mitchell, read the game well, looked comfortable throughout, start bringing the ball out, more than capable today .
Got to be the start of good home record and the standard two nils to stack up, if we want to climb the table.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 19:59 - Sep 9 with 1158 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 17:39 - Sep 9 by gerry_us

Most encouraging BUT....
27 shots, 2 goals??

Gerry we have the best striker at the club in Joe Taylor since Jamie Cureton.
Taylor will score 25 goals this season and fire us to the play offs.

Injuries are piling up sadly.

Taylor, Tovide and Ihionvien are three decent strikers supported by Big John Akinde.

Mitchell, Fevrier and McGeehan are all great supporting players.

Thoroughly deserved victory today.

I agree more consistency needed to convert chances but the new players were impressive today. I just hope that Read has not broken his arm.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 21:08 - Sep 9 with 1113 viewsCrashBandicoot

Nice win today, should have scored 5 or 6 but 2-0 is a good result. Hopefully win can now click into gear.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 04:30 - Sep 10 with 1049 viewsnoah4x4

Tranmere poor, but their keeper played a blinder. On another day we would have scored six. Best U’s performance I have seen in two years (I wasn’t at Gillingham).

Zac Mitchell, what an acquisition! Comfortably (IMHO) MOM. He deals with threats in a manner that looks so easy he can be almost anonymous, I reckon that he is the closest I have seen to Rio Ferdinand at his best in years. I don’t recall a missed intervention or missed pass. He and Kellerher (when fit) can be the backbone to solidity at the back allowing us to (at last) make progress.
Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 10:13 - Sep 10 with 1005 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 04:30 - Sep 10 by noah4x4

Tranmere poor, but their keeper played a blinder. On another day we would have scored six. Best U’s performance I have seen in two years (I wasn’t at Gillingham).

Zac Mitchell, what an acquisition! Comfortably (IMHO) MOM. He deals with threats in a manner that looks so easy he can be almost anonymous, I reckon that he is the closest I have seen to Rio Ferdinand at his best in years. I don’t recall a missed intervention or missed pass. He and Kellerher (when fit) can be the backbone to solidity at the back allowing us to (at last) make progress.

To be honest, I thought there were at least seven or eight performances out there yesterday that were worthy of MoM. My vote, until he went off injured, would have been for Read. Totally agree though, Mitchell and McGeehan look like excellent signings.

Up the U's

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 13:12 - Sep 10 with 947 viewsmfb_cufc

Tranmere manager's last interview before being sacked. As he joins the list of managers sacked after losing to little old Colchester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gcnv7g?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mo

mfb

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 13:30 - Sep 10 with 940 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to see off the Whites at a roasting hot JCS on 13:12 - Sep 10 by mfb_cufc

Tranmere manager's last interview before being sacked. As he joins the list of managers sacked after losing to little old Colchester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gcnv7g?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mo

However disappointing Tranmere might have been, the old adage applies. You can only play the opposition that lines up against you.

Now Chuck Norris was clearly unfit and I would imagine they missed him but I do not want to have anything taken away from the super U's performance which from the outset was excellent.

Notwithstanding the injuries which continue to mount, we have some outstanding talented players who are developing superbly well.

Jayden Fevrier
Al Amin Kazeem
Samson Tovide
Bradley Ihionvien

Are all going to be very good footballers.

Then in Joe Taylor we have an outstanding loanee.
If we were to be promoted to league one could Luton be tempted to let him go.

Zach Mitchell and Cameron McGeehan are going to fit into BG set up.

Mansfield will provide a test next week but it is about time we saw them off.

Up the U's

Jayden

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024