Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! 16:21 - Sep 11 with 24280 viewsModeratorC

Welcome one and all to a veritable feast of footballing rivalry. The home side are in blue,they lose a lot in this fixture. The away side wear white, they don’t. However …

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60845/michael-duff-you-c
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60846/swansea-city-need-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60853/swansea-city-fans-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60863

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 15:05 - Sep 17 with 1257 viewsmax936

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 15:00 - Sep 17 by Whiterockin

Piroe got another two today.

Game changer in he. they've had a bargain hasn't he scored in all the games he's played in so far?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 15:12 - Sep 17 with 1239 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 14:50 - Sep 17 by max936

Ntcham, Piroe and Manning all three can and have scored goals out of seemingly nothing, I don't see players in this current squad being able to so that!

We’ve probably got 10 players who are bigger game changers than Manning! Unless we’re talking Roberto Carlos, full backs aren’t often game changers. Not that he wasn’t one of our best players.

Ntcham definitely. I think we’ll see what Patino can really do if and when Duff moves on and I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Piroe of course. We haven’t got a 20 goal striker anymore. No doubt about that.

I’d judge this squad if and when either Duff ups his game or we bring someone better in.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:00 - Sep 17 with 1146 viewsmax936

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 15:12 - Sep 17 by jack247

We’ve probably got 10 players who are bigger game changers than Manning! Unless we’re talking Roberto Carlos, full backs aren’t often game changers. Not that he wasn’t one of our best players.

Ntcham definitely. I think we’ll see what Patino can really do if and when Duff moves on and I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Piroe of course. We haven’t got a 20 goal striker anymore. No doubt about that.

I’d judge this squad if and when either Duff ups his game or we bring someone better in.

"We’ve probably got 10 players who are bigger game changers than Manning! Unless we’re talking Roberto Carlos, full backs aren’t often game changers. Not that he wasn’t one of our best players."
You've lost me,

Manning was definitely a game changer for us, as was Ntcham and most definitely Piroe, all three popped up with goals when we needed them, not always granted but those three are the stand outs,

It was Mannings overall performances and assists .

Patino is a young lad that hasn't shown up as anything really apart from moments of skill and endeavour, to consider him as good as the three above were for us at this stage is crazy.

Who are the other 9

What Roberto Carlos as to do with anything Im f.....d if I know, its an undeniable fact that Manning changed games for us, being a full back as f.....l to do with it either.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 16:02]

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:15 - Sep 17 with 1128 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:00 - Sep 17 by max936

"We’ve probably got 10 players who are bigger game changers than Manning! Unless we’re talking Roberto Carlos, full backs aren’t often game changers. Not that he wasn’t one of our best players."
You've lost me,

Manning was definitely a game changer for us, as was Ntcham and most definitely Piroe, all three popped up with goals when we needed them, not always granted but those three are the stand outs,

It was Mannings overall performances and assists .

Patino is a young lad that hasn't shown up as anything really apart from moments of skill and endeavour, to consider him as good as the three above were for us at this stage is crazy.

Who are the other 9

What Roberto Carlos as to do with anything Im f.....d if I know, its an undeniable fact that Manning changed games for us, being a full back as f.....l to do with it either.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 16:02]

Yeah, I can see I’ve lost you.

Manning was a good full back. I wanted him to stay. I can’t see how you’d consider him a game changer though. He’d very rarely be the difference between a draw and a win.

As it happens, I’d much rather have Key, Tymon and Ashby as full back options than Manning and Latibaudiere.

He did pop up with goals, but far less often than you think. 7 in over 100 appearances.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:21 - Sep 17 with 1102 viewsmax936

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:15 - Sep 17 by jack247

Manning was a good full back. I wanted him to stay. I can’t see how you’d consider him a game changer though. He’d very rarely be the difference between a draw and a win.

As it happens, I’d much rather have Key, Tymon and Ashby as full back options than Manning and Latibaudiere.

He did pop up with goals, but far less often than you think. 7 in over 100 appearances.

Tymon has played once in that pathetic performance last night, hardly seen Ashby, Key plays on the right, he's provided 1 assist so far,

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:24 - Sep 17 with 1095 viewssw02sea

I remember posting that I hoped the Owners had done their due diligence on Duff, as he had a complete change of style to previous managers.
Coleman then came out all guns blazing with “He is a leader of men” blah dee blah.
So like when any new manager comes in, you bide your time and wait to see literally, how he manages things ie. Players, style, formations, the press ect.
Have to say, I don’t think he’s ticked any of these boxes.
So, you’d have to reach the conclusion that the Owners obviously haven’t done the aforementioned.
Any bets on which game Duff wins his first 3 pts ?
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:26 - Sep 17 with 1086 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:24 - Sep 17 by sw02sea

I remember posting that I hoped the Owners had done their due diligence on Duff, as he had a complete change of style to previous managers.
Coleman then came out all guns blazing with “He is a leader of men” blah dee blah.
So like when any new manager comes in, you bide your time and wait to see literally, how he manages things ie. Players, style, formations, the press ect.
Have to say, I don’t think he’s ticked any of these boxes.
So, you’d have to reach the conclusion that the Owners obviously haven’t done the aforementioned.
Any bets on which game Duff wins his first 3 pts ?

I'm not convinced he will.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:30 - Sep 17 with 1068 viewsmax936

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:15 - Sep 17 by jack247

Tymon has played once in that pathetic performance last night, hardly seen Ashby, Key plays on the right, he's provided 1 assist as far as I remember so far.

Manning always give us an attacking threat and was dangerous going forward and often set up goals Piroe benefitted from some of those assists.

Latibaudiere isn't in the equation, much like Roberto Carlos wasn't.

Starting with a sarcastic comment that you can see that you lost me, doesn't help your effort in attempting to change my opinion either.

Have a good afternoon.

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:36 - Sep 17 with 1062 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:21 - Sep 17 by max936

Tymon has played once in that pathetic performance last night, hardly seen Ashby, Key plays on the right, he's provided 1 assist so far,

Right. If you’re literally just looking at goals and assists

Oli Cooper
Cullen
Paterson
Fulton
Lowe

Are all certainly bigger game changers than Manning. You’d expect that, they are more attacking players. We’ve signed strikers in top of that.

Patino has already provided two assists in a low scoring team from memory. He more or less changed West Brom away on his own. If he’d come on a bit earlier we may well have got something.

Ginelly looks like someone I’d define as a game changer. Different type of player to
Ntcham, but similar as in the type who you’d look to come on and turn a draw into a win.

Don’t forget that Piroe looked awesome under Martin and has started on fire at Leeds. He looked atrocious under Duff. We’re judging the new players on games under an inept (so far at least) and defensive manager.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:03 - Sep 17 with 1017 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:30 - Sep 17 by max936

Tymon has played once in that pathetic performance last night, hardly seen Ashby, Key plays on the right, he's provided 1 assist as far as I remember so far.

Manning always give us an attacking threat and was dangerous going forward and often set up goals Piroe benefitted from some of those assists.

Latibaudiere isn't in the equation, much like Roberto Carlos wasn't.

Starting with a sarcastic comment that you can see that you lost me, doesn't help your effort in attempting to change my opinion either.

Have a good afternoon.

I’m not bothered about changing your opinion. I don’t agree with it and I’m just giving mine. If you think Manning was a game changer that’s up to you. I did agree with the majority of your opening post.

I put ‘I can see that I’ve lost you’ in response to a post where you’d clearly got a bit angry.

You’re right though. We’re taking the matchday thread off topic with a pretty pointless conversation. Enjoy the rugby.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024