Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Durham Pete appointed temporary coach 17:53 - Oct 23 with 851 viewsgerry_us

Stop press from news down here off the Gran Canaria, U's football supporters club site.
Durham Pete has been appointed as temporary coach for tomorrow's game against the Mariners.
Apparently he is meeting them from the bus for an immediate workout on the beach followed by gentle jog to Cleethorpes where the team will take on board a breathtaking and physical strength building fish and chip tea at the famousĀ  Papa's on Cleethorpes pier. No puddings will be allowed!
Durham will then lead physical jerks down on the beach; a short seven a side footy match before a sharp sprint back to Blundell Park.
Understand team talk will be attack ,attack, attack, score, score, score:and no soppy goals conceded.
All the best Durham and with your enthusiasm for the U's, a good win could get you the job permanently.
Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 19:14 - Oct 23 with 821 viewswessex_exile

"Durham will then lead physical jerks down on the beach". I know they've not been performing to the levels expected, but that's harsh

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 21:41 - Oct 23 with 781 viewsdurham_exile

Wishing you both a great holiday Gerry from the "Interim Boss"

I have signed up Stuart my young apprentice to help with the physical exercise for the team.

The beach idea was indeed a masterstroke with strength, stamina and conditioning exercises on Cleethorpes beach before a masterly portion of fish n chips from Papas on the Pier.

I am reverting to the 2,3,5 formation which I understand was all the rage about 60 years ago!

The Kevin Keegan philosophy of we're going to score one more than you will be introduced and I am aiming for a 3-2 Super U's victory.

I have persuaded Jamie Cureton to lace up his boots for the Blundell Park extravaganza and I will be employing the percussion of the faithful's travelling Army which will upset the Noise Abatement Society at Grimsby on a Tuesday night!

As for the "Physical jerks" I think we've had enough of those over the years and it is time for some good old fashioned wingers to get those crosses in for Smash n Grab to despatch them into the Mariners' Net.

Must dash, just posting my UEFA A and B licences in time to register for tomorrow evening.

I will think of you whilst in Papa's and might just enjoy a celebratory dessert after the victory.

This management lark is easy!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 00:02 - Oct 24 with 762 viewswessex_exile

Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 21:41 - Oct 23 by durham_exile

Wishing you both a great holiday Gerry from the "Interim Boss"

I have signed up Stuart my young apprentice to help with the physical exercise for the team.

The beach idea was indeed a masterstroke with strength, stamina and conditioning exercises on Cleethorpes beach before a masterly portion of fish n chips from Papas on the Pier.

I am reverting to the 2,3,5 formation which I understand was all the rage about 60 years ago!

The Kevin Keegan philosophy of we're going to score one more than you will be introduced and I am aiming for a 3-2 Super U's victory.

I have persuaded Jamie Cureton to lace up his boots for the Blundell Park extravaganza and I will be employing the percussion of the faithful's travelling Army which will upset the Noise Abatement Society at Grimsby on a Tuesday night!

As for the "Physical jerks" I think we've had enough of those over the years and it is time for some good old fashioned wingers to get those crosses in for Smash n Grab to despatch them into the Mariners' Net.

Must dash, just posting my UEFA A and B licences in time to register for tomorrow evening.

I will think of you whilst in Papa's and might just enjoy a celebratory dessert after the victory.

This management lark is easy!

Up the U's

2 3 5 was my go-to formation playing subbuteo, never did me any harm.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 09:40 - Oct 24 with 732 viewsburnsieespana

I wonder how teams would cope with 2, 3, 5 !
Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 17:18 - Oct 25 with 664 viewsgerry_us

Look no further for a manager.
He even told us correctly the score his team would achieve
Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 17:49 - Oct 25 with 657 viewsdurham_exile

Durham Pete appointed temporary coach on 17:18 - Oct 25 by gerry_us

Look no further for a manager.
He even told us correctly the score his team would achieve

Gerry
Papa's was every bit as good as ever.
Most enjoyable.

Match wasn't bad either.

Enjoy your holiday.

I take the team to Accrington on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024