Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bravo Young U's 22:11 - Oct 31 with 664 viewswessex_exile

After a grueling 90 minutes and extra-time to finish 2-2 against Sutton United in the FA Youth Cup 4th round, our fantastic young U's finally bowed out in a 7-8 penalty shoot-out. Well done lads, you performed admirably and did us proud!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bravo Young U's on 07:51 - Nov 1 with 629 viewsthrillseeker

Not sure about this Wessex

We have this superb academy yet our youngsters cannot beat Sutton who have no academy.

I would take defeat better if for instance we had lost to say an Arsenal/ Man City side
Bravo Young U's on 07:56 - Nov 1 with 629 viewsnoah4x4

90 minutes Wessex is an understatement. It kicked off at 1900 and there was also an aggregate of 20 minutes added time. By the time the 15 penalties had been taken, the 1745 kick offs had been over for an hour. Absolutely useless referee. Blatant punches thrown by Sutton yet no red card. Poor control, poor decisions, simply poor.

This performance mirrored many of the First Team when under Garner. Always a slow, ponderous build up from the back allowing Sutton to restore their shape. A back pass preferred rather than an equally easy forward ball. We over commit, lose the ball, put our defence in trouble. Too many over ambitious passes going astray. Only ever one forward in the box when good crosses were despatched. Despite this, we missed almost as many chances as Accrington Stanley on Saturday. We were patently the better side, lost it rather than Sutton win.

This should have been done and dusted in 90 minutes. Unfortunately, our goalkeeper let in a free kick to the centre of the goal from 30 yards straight through his hands and I reckon my missus would have saved their first. Probably the most frustrating match I have ever witnessed at the stadium. Frankly, it was dire to watch given the evident skill of a number of players that were starved of the ball due to the tedious system.
Bravo Young U's on 08:48 - Nov 1 with 618 viewswessex_exile

In my defence, I was following on Xitter and trying to be supportive to our young side, who must be so deflated to lose after such a huge effort - but nothing like keeping it real I suppose.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bravo Young U's on 06:31 - Nov 2 with 558 viewsnoah4x4

Bravo Young U's on 08:48 - Nov 1 by wessex_exile

In my defence, I was following on Xitter and trying to be supportive to our young side, who must be so deflated to lose after such a huge effort - but nothing like keeping it real I suppose.

No criticism of you inferred Wessex. Sadly, for those watching in the ground it was dire, slow, ponderous, formulaic,and frankly, the lads didn’t look as if they were enjoying it. Little freedom of expression and limited adventure, one up front, sterile perhaps over coached football.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 6:32]
Bravo Young U's on 09:04 - Nov 2 with 533 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bravo Young U's on 06:31 - Nov 2 by noah4x4

No criticism of you inferred Wessex. Sadly, for those watching in the ground it was dire, slow, ponderous, formulaic,and frankly, the lads didn’t look as if they were enjoying it. Little freedom of expression and limited adventure, one up front, sterile perhaps over coached football.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 6:32]

But at least it didn't rain eh?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024