Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not Arriva Here …. 16:41 - Nov 29 with 711 viewsbwildered

Colchester United’s Partnerships & Hospitality Sales Manager Ben Conway said of the deal: “Colchester United are delighted to be working with Arriva and extending our presence in the local community via the Arriva serviced bus routes. I am looking forward to seeing our club branding throughout the city and the Arriva advertising at a Colchester United matchday.”

Arriva’s Regional Marketing Manager, Christian Obray, added: “We are thrilled to be working alongside Colchester United this season. We both serve our local community, and I am personally looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible both on our buses and at JobServe Community Stadium.”

Branding and advertising, but no Arriva to here ( JCS ) .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Not Arriva Here …. on 17:24 - Nov 29 with 688 viewsthrillseeker

Any exposure is good but it is bizarre then for a business partner not to offer a bus service to ground on match days
Not Arriva Here …. on 16:45 - Nov 30 with 605 viewsnoah4x4

I see a cunning Arriva/Colchester/Essex Council (future) plan in this………

In the context of regular Colchester buses, Arriva only operate the numbers 1, 2 and 8, and none of these get closer to the ground than Mill Road, and none use the Northern Approach Road where a huge Council investment is being made in a Rapid Transit Route for buses. However, Arriva do operate the Park & Ride, which will benefit from the new RTR.

From Spring 2024, the Northern Gateway Facilities will open and the Park & Ride is the logical service from the City to support that seven days a week and also the football ground on Saturdays. Currently, the Park & Ride loses money, but soon it could become a more lucrative route. There are also services to the new Chesterwell Woods estate yet to commence which could all feature in the grand plan for North Colchester. When the football shuttle buses were scrapped, it was with the expectation that public bus services would soon take over. The fact they didn’t do so promptly was a miscalculation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024