Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! 10:52 - Dec 9 with 5961 viewsdurham_exile

Is ME the answer – what is the question, more later.

Before we talk about what is a grudge match there is the little matter of Doncaster Rovers to get out of our system.

It seems an age ago now but it was the 28 November on a cold but mainly dry evening. I met Gerry and we enjoyed a pre-match meal and there was a degree of optimism. Even Noah seemed up beat prior to the game. However, we started poorly and decided that back passes were the order of the day and that we could only make occasional forays into the Donny half.

On 33 minutes a corner appeared to evade everyone and apparently struck the post and came back off Zach Mitchell although the unfortunate Smith seemed to be blamed for the softness of the goal.

Now Tom Smith last season seemed to be the answer to our goalkeeping woes and was imperious. This season he is bereft of confidence and looks ill at ease between the sticks.

Hornby was sent out on loan and is conceding plenty in the National League. Could Big Sam return, would he want to.

I think Goodman will be back today at home to Crawley.

Anyway, ME lined up:
Smith
Mitchell Kells Dallison
McGeehan Read Chilvers Egbo
Cooper
Hopper Taylor

Subs
Greenidge for Cooper on 65 mins
Ihionvien for Hopper on 76 mins
Jay for Dallison on 88 mins

So, 1-0 down and we looked relegation certainties. Joe Taylor missed a golden chance to equalise but then on 43 mins Chay Cooper played a great through ball and Taylor ran on to score emphatically. We then didn’t want the half to finish and looked the only winners.

Half time called for Cadburys hot chocolate in the absence of anything stronger!

Second half the Colchester malaise continued. This was the worst half of football I have seen for years. No creativity, sitting back encouraging a poor Doncaster team to dominate and no substitutes warming up from ME. No wonder the faithful; were disgusted.

The excellent Cooper was withdrawn on 65 mins and Doncaster scored a second through Faal (soft unmarked header). Bradley Ihionvien came on after 76 mins (even he is losing any interest after ME fails to give him meaningful minutes on the pitch).

Finally, a soft penalty conceded by Greenidge on 87 mins made the scoreline 3-1. The disquiet in the stands was palpable.

Matt Jay who clearly has run over 100s of black cats and walked under countless ladders was given 2 mins of normal time. Ihionvien missed a sitter, but we did at least show some attacking intent for the last 10 mins (including 7 mins of added time). It was simply shocking.
Ugly scenes at the end of the game with supporters shouting obscenities at the players and ME refusing to come over to face the criticism. Frankly he looked out of his depth.

I didn’t bother to watch the West Ham game. We simply have to get out of the relegation mire that we are once again in the midst of.

The season starts (again) today with Crawley and Scott Lindsey in town.

The team, ME all owe the supporters a game and a handsome win. What is embarrassing though is that Crawley are confident they can come to the JCS and secure only their second away win of the season. In fact, that to me is the ultimate insult. Teams want to play us because we are easily beatable.

Today ME’s managerial credentials will be put to the test. A win is vital to not only end the run of defeats now four on the bounce but also because we travel to Wrexham next week.

Grimsby 20 20
COLU 20 20
Tranmere 20 18
FGR 19 15
Sutton 20 14

Frankly I am fed up with lack lustre performances, ME failing to pick a decent side and then failing to make early changes. He has until New Years Day (6 games) to steady the ship otherwise we will be looking for yet another manager.

Crawley H
Wrexham A
Salford H
MK Dons A
Wimbledon A
Gillingham H

OK, so who do we select today, what about:

Goodman

Mitchell Kells Egbo

Fevrier McGeehan Read Jay

Cooper

Tovide Taylor

Subs:

Smith Bandeira Akinde Ihionvien Chilvers Terry Kennedy

We still have injuries affecting team selection; Iandolo, Hall, Mingi, Lawrence, Kazeem and Dallison.

Weather today a mild 12 degrees Celsius, partly sunny and the chance of some precipitation 13%.

This close to Christmas normally sees a reduction of the faithful who favour Christmas shopping. Fail to win today and we might soon be shopping for yet another Manager.

Through my rose-tinted glasses, I optimistically see a 3-0 home win (mainly because it will boost the team, but also Crawley have not endeared themselves after the contract fiasco).

Joe Taylor is due a hattrick and today could be the day.

ME is on borrowed time, drinking at the last chance saloon and having to prove that there is a Santa and that he is not the Grinch. Cheer up ME and start to look like a winner. Your demeanour on the touchline does nothing for morale, you look so bloody miserable and downbeat.

Attack from the outset, give Taylor the service he craves, ball to feet or for him to run onto.

Try to enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

PS. Is ME the answer, we will know a lot more at 4.50 today!

Durham_exile

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:40 - Dec 10 with 1423 viewsLeadbelly

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 23:30 - Dec 9 by thrillseeker

The big story I heard on Monday was that Garner banned Steve Ball from the training ground but now ME is in charge SB is back involved in day to day training and tactics etc.

I have heard this from multiple people

That would explain the swift return to abject performances and results after a brief improvement when ME was interim HC.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:45 - Dec 10 with 1421 viewsCrashBandicoot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 23:30 - Dec 9 by thrillseeker

The big story I heard on Monday was that Garner banned Steve Ball from the training ground but now ME is in charge SB is back involved in day to day training and tactics etc.

I have heard this from multiple people

If thats true then it proves that ME is either running out of ideas or didn't have that many in the first place. Imo if anyone is involving SB in tactics then they deserve the sack.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 10:58 - Dec 10 with 1383 viewsLeadbelly

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:45 - Dec 10 by CrashBandicoot

If thats true then it proves that ME is either running out of ideas or didn't have that many in the first place. Imo if anyone is involving SB in tactics then they deserve the sack.

I doubt very much ME would have asked for Ball’s help. Far more likely foisted on him by the chairman to keep his pet “gainfully” employed. Cowling returns to failed coaches like a dog to vomit; he never learns.

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 12:10 - Dec 10 with 1344 viewsburnsieespana

Trouble is under this apparent set up nobody of any statue would want to join us.
I expect RC sees SB being involved as supporting ME but, of course it has the opposite effect.
Seriously beginning to think a spell in the NL would force a clear out of all the dead wood and get us back to basics.
If what has been said above is true I suspect BG was glad to escape the mad House.
I despair for my football club who I have supported through thick and thin for over 65 years.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 12:11]
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 12:43 - Dec 10 with 1327 viewsMoor_Pinot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 12:10 - Dec 10 by burnsieespana

Trouble is under this apparent set up nobody of any statue would want to join us.
I expect RC sees SB being involved as supporting ME but, of course it has the opposite effect.
Seriously beginning to think a spell in the NL would force a clear out of all the dead wood and get us back to basics.
If what has been said above is true I suspect BG was glad to escape the mad House.
I despair for my football club who I have supported through thick and thin for over 65 years.

I have reached that position too Burnside. Despair. Correct word.
I see no prospect of a swift reversal of this long decline and hope I'm wrong. For me it's sixty largely enjoyable, often amusing years but the last decade have had negativity writ large.

Maybe to actually escape relegation this season will feel like the worm is turning!? What a way to view progress!

At least I'm enjoying Liskeard FC at step six. And I mean it!

Up the paradigm shift seeking U's....but what paradigm?

Moor Pinot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 13:11 - Dec 10 with 1312 viewsLeadbelly

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 12:43 - Dec 10 by Moor_Pinot

I have reached that position too Burnside. Despair. Correct word.
I see no prospect of a swift reversal of this long decline and hope I'm wrong. For me it's sixty largely enjoyable, often amusing years but the last decade have had negativity writ large.

Maybe to actually escape relegation this season will feel like the worm is turning!? What a way to view progress!

At least I'm enjoying Liskeard FC at step six. And I mean it!

Up the paradigm shift seeking U's....but what paradigm?

It will take Cowling’s acceptance that his unique model for running a football club doesn’t work and making wholesale changes at all levels of the organisation. I shall not be holding my breath.

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 15:31 - Dec 10 with 1277 viewsgerry_us

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 12:10 - Dec 10 by burnsieespana

Yep 65 years it is for me and I despair of what has been happening to our club in the last few seasons.
Whilst I would absolutely hate another period in the National League, I look at my second favourite club Chesterfield and see a couple of years appears to have done them some real good. Was hoping to see U's at Chessie next season as they are a nailed on certainty for promotion....what about us staying in the EFL?
We can but hope.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:18 - Dec 10 with 1235 viewspwrightsknees

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 15:31 - Dec 10 by gerry_us

Yep 65 years it is for me and I despair of what has been happening to our club in the last few seasons.
Whilst I would absolutely hate another period in the National League, I look at my second favourite club Chesterfield and see a couple of years appears to have done them some real good. Was hoping to see U's at Chessie next season as they are a nailed on certainty for promotion....what about us staying in the EFL?
We can but hope.

Gerry, you and I and Burnsie form a bit of a long-term trio. 69 years for me.
My Mum often reminded me that I once said (must have been in my early teens) that I don't care how bad the U's get, I will always support them. Oh, how they have tried me down the years! But never so much as now.
Stick with it, Guys.
Up the U's.
Login to get fewer ads

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:27 - Dec 10 with 1233 viewsburnsieespana

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:18 - Dec 10 by pwrightsknees

Gerry, you and I and Burnsie form a bit of a long-term trio. 69 years for me.
My Mum often reminded me that I once said (must have been in my early teens) that I don't care how bad the U's get, I will always support them. Oh, how they have tried me down the years! But never so much as now.
Stick with it, Guys.
Up the U's.

Will always support Colchester but my challenging to do so at the moment when so much recently seems self inflicted.
To be precise my time of supporting the U's is 67 years on Boxing Day!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 19:37]
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:32 - Dec 10 with 1229 viewsgerry_us

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:27 - Dec 10 by burnsieespana

Will always support Colchester but my challenging to do so at the moment when so much recently seems self inflicted.
To be precise my time of supporting the U's is 67 years on Boxing Day!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 19:37]

Any "young" fans are welcome to participate in this matter.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 21:46 - Dec 10 with 1175 viewsthrillseeker

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:32 - Dec 10 by gerry_us

Thanks Gerry

Only 43 years of watching the U's

No matter what league we are in they are my team
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 23:03 - Dec 10 with 1155 viewsoxfcolu

I'm another relatively young supporter only 52 years. How I miss the positivity even when we lost.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:04 - Dec 11 with 1090 viewsnoah4x4

I have always supported my “local team” and having frequently moved around the country that means in chronological sequence, Kidderminster Harriers (I played for their youth), Aston Villa, Bristol City, Millwall, then latterly Colchester United. Kiddy’s Aggborough and Layer Road were so similar that following the U’s was like a homecoming, and my residency elsewhere in between the two was always of much shorter duration. My support for the U’s now being twenty seasons, my longest spell following any (local) team, and I don’t plan another move.

However, the brief flirt with the Championship and move to the new stadium occurred very early in my U’s affinity, reinforcing the hope and ambition that I coincidently found with my new wife in our new Essex home, with whom I am still living the dream after two decades. But as regards our beloved football club, I have therefore known only one emotion, continuous demise under Cowling, and that from the peak point of the U’s highest ever accolade. I am therefore probably less prepared for non-league football than most others on this board. Yes, I have felt low times in recent seasons, but nothing like my current feelings of despair. It seems that whoever is Head Coach, we are doomed to failure under Cowling.

I respect Robbie for the investment he has made. Frankly, I thought we had positively turned a corner when ‘Director of Football” Humes departed and Garner was appointed. But if rumour is true, it sounds as if we now have Steve Ball interfering. I can understand a busy Cowling wanting to put an observer onto the training ground, but his chosen henchmen have all failed in management, so they must be strictly hands off. From Kevin Keen to Garner this issue seems to have been a problem.

I am hoping that Etherington is given the freedom to resolve the issues as another change of Head Coach probably won’t produce results if the Cowling model doesn’t change. Steve Evans has brought success to Stevenage, but I suspect he too would have failed at Col Utd if the interference by previously failed management is true. Calling for Cowling to depart is fruitless as I can’t see any other investor stepping in. However, surely even Robbie can now see a pattern?

There has to be a frank exchange of words before Wrexham. We need Etherington and Cowling to jointly issue a statement of confidence that Etherington is 100% in charge for (say) the next five fixtures prior to the Transfer Window. If he fails, then we must seek external experience.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:15 - Dec 11 with 1086 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:04 - Dec 11 by noah4x4

I have always supported my “local team” and having frequently moved around the country that means in chronological sequence, Kidderminster Harriers (I played for their youth), Aston Villa, Bristol City, Millwall, then latterly Colchester United. Kiddy’s Aggborough and Layer Road were so similar that following the U’s was like a homecoming, and my residency elsewhere in between the two was always of much shorter duration. My support for the U’s now being twenty seasons, my longest spell following any (local) team, and I don’t plan another move.

However, the brief flirt with the Championship and move to the new stadium occurred very early in my U’s affinity, reinforcing the hope and ambition that I coincidently found with my new wife in our new Essex home, with whom I am still living the dream after two decades. But as regards our beloved football club, I have therefore known only one emotion, continuous demise under Cowling, and that from the peak point of the U’s highest ever accolade. I am therefore probably less prepared for non-league football than most others on this board. Yes, I have felt low times in recent seasons, but nothing like my current feelings of despair. It seems that whoever is Head Coach, we are doomed to failure under Cowling.

I respect Robbie for the investment he has made. Frankly, I thought we had positively turned a corner when ‘Director of Football” Humes departed and Garner was appointed. But if rumour is true, it sounds as if we now have Steve Ball interfering. I can understand a busy Cowling wanting to put an observer onto the training ground, but his chosen henchmen have all failed in management, so they must be strictly hands off. From Kevin Keen to Garner this issue seems to have been a problem.

I am hoping that Etherington is given the freedom to resolve the issues as another change of Head Coach probably won’t produce results if the Cowling model doesn’t change. Steve Evans has brought success to Stevenage, but I suspect he too would have failed at Col Utd if the interference by previously failed management is true. Calling for Cowling to depart is fruitless as I can’t see any other investor stepping in. However, surely even Robbie can now see a pattern?

There has to be a frank exchange of words before Wrexham. We need Etherington and Cowling to jointly issue a statement of confidence that Etherington is 100% in charge for (say) the next five fixtures prior to the Transfer Window. If he fails, then we must seek external experience.

Evidently they had a meeting in Robbie's office after the game on Saturday that lasted over an hour.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:54 - Dec 11 with 1077 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:32 - Dec 10 by gerry_us

Looks like I'm one of those "young" fans Gerry. My first Col U game was Boxing Day 1988, a 2-1 defeat at home to Peterborough. My next game was the FA Cup 4th Round replay against Sheffield United that we lost 2-0. I remember standing on a packed terrace and barely saw any of the match, including both of their goals, but I loved it. The first win I saw was 3-0 home victory over Rochdale on a Friday night the last day of March. Despite being a supporter for nearly 35 years I can probably count on two hands the number of away games I've been to and nearly all of them have been cup games.

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 1063 viewsMoor_Pinot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 23:03 - Dec 10 by oxfcolu

I'm another relatively young supporter only 52 years. How I miss the positivity even when we lost.

Only 60 years for me Oxcolu and like Thrillo says, there's only one club for me.

But in those sixty years I doubt if I have ever felt burnsie's word more - despair.

As Noah says these last many years have been a decline and nobody has come up with a paradigm shift to counteract the 'losing culture ' as Garner correctly put it.

It's no easy road supporting us home/away right now.

Moor Pinot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 16:34 - Dec 11 with 997 viewsdurham_exile

We have previously covered this subject before and it is heartening to learn just how many years boarders have supported our club.

I previously supported Enfield where I was born and then went to Stamford Bridge to support Chelsea but since 1970 I have supported Colchester United Home and Away.

So far I have been to eight games this season and on Saturday will be at the Racecourse.

My usual optimism is being sorely tested but like many others I will continue to support the club and go to matches.

It is criminal to see our club decimated and struggling once again.

Things must improve and fast. Three points in North Wales would be a great start.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 18:46 - Dec 11 with 950 viewsSparkfilmsTV

It started for me when l was eight years old. Benny Fenton was the manager. About 5 minutes into that first match l was hooked. This connection lasted many years but when we left Layer Road my interest faded. Not just in Colchester United but in football.

I used to clock up the miles at various times in my life.

Those days are over now.

As a kid l could understand the basic way things worked for Colchester United. A manager who actually managed and didn't require an over bloated backroom staff, a first team of eleven players in a format that was a blueprint for generations. A reserve team of eleven players covering each position should anyone get injured. There were injuries, but nothing of the scale we see today.

Then someone decided it would be a good idea to have a substitute. Then there were two, and eventually we have ended up with an entire bench full.

We used to have a team but now we have a squad and for me this devalued a game that l had grown up with. Fair enough, things change.

I hate the term 'game time'. Sorry it's just me. Commentators saying 'Oh, it's coming up to an hour's play and he must be getting tired'. If anyone is getting tired after an hour send them out on loan to Maldon & Tiptree and keep them there.

On my first trip to Layer Road the perimeter wall was plain white, but for the A to Z boards that bought up the half time scores.

I apologise for all the Graphic Warehouse signage that l polluted the Bar Side wall with when l became a sponsor. And the one at the Layer Road end. Actually, it was a time l remember very fondly with many away days and some quite extraordinary experiences on those unforgettable travels.

By then l had quite an involvement with the club and although Jonathan Crisp made some errors of judgement he was always fantastic company and very generous.

One of my abiding memories is of the change of ownership from Jonathan to James that they asked me to witness. The pound coin dropping down the steps of the main stand and unless l had retrieved it the deal may not have been completed.

A few people to mention.

Big Roy! He will always be special to me.

Dave Sampson. R.I.P. A very good neighbour from Margaret Road.

Brian Owen. Just one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Steve Foley. Invited me into the dug out when he was caretaker Manager.

Marie Partner. Did the most fantastic job!

Nick Chatterton for playing for Graphic Warehouse.

Tim Claydon for making me cry laughing on occasion.

And over at Wycombe, Mrs O'Neill for insightful conversations about being married to a football manager.

Matt Hudson and David Gregory for allowing a nutter like me to make a film about Layer Road.

The guys at The Hippodrome.

Steve Green! 30th Anniversary Celebration 'Boy's of '92'.

David Knight, my very good friend from Jarmin Road who accompanied me to all those matches back in the sixties.

Anyway, back in time again.

When l was fifteen l was a part of the Layer Road end support. Kids from Monkwick, St Helena, Wilson Marriage, East Ward etc, we all had a common love of 'our' club, and we travelled to away days at Queen's Park Rangers, Brentford, Reading, Oxford United....and many more, great days out, win or lose.

The away match at Grimsby Town on Boxing Day 1968 when the coach had to take us to Cleethorpes Hospital on the way back. We had strayed into the Grimsby end and had some rather nasty injuries. There can't be many fans who break a leg at a match. Not me. Just a black eye and a fat lip.

Anyway, need to sign off now as have run out of black bin liners and about to take a quick walk to ASDA.

😊😊😊😊
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 20:07]
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 09:13 - Dec 12 with 872 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The first thing l have read this morning ....

'Colchestet United under 21's lost at home to Leeds United'.

This is a match that would have been of interest to me at one time and l imagine others, but we know that a 'home' match such as his is effectively an away match if you happen to live in Colchester and cannot be bothered with a trip to Maldon and Tiptree F.C - which l most definitely cannot!

I was a regular attendee at the Garrison ground for matches and would often walk there from my home on Riverside.

The move to the new stadium was inevitable but decentralising many strands of the club to Maldon and Tiptree is something that l was ( and am ) very much opposed to.

I do see the logic of this from the owner's perspective as he has conveniently relocated much of the heartbeat of the club into his own back yard where he has land interests, and that activity provides the economic stimulation to finance the club.

However, by doing this he has removed much of the day to day activity of the club from the town / city that it is supposed to represent.

In doing so this has killed off quite a bit of interest in Colchester United locally and hi-jacked elements of the club that were valued locally.

Successful Colchester United sides made do with spartan training facilities and could regularly been seen in and around the town long before Florence Park.

In fact, since that move the amount of injuries sustained during training seems to have escalated beyond any level l can remember.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 22:45 - Dec 12 with 780 viewsnoah4x4

I often watch the U21s if at the Jobserve, but won’t travel to Maldon & Tiptree. Frankly, I wish we didn’t have the relationship, then Cowling wouldn’t have a source of inexperienced managers and would have to seek external candidates.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 14:36 - Dec 13 with 716 viewsWitham

It's been a busy few days but I have been mulling over something said in the post match interview with the manager. Apparently Jay was subbed when the sports scientists noted his stats had dropped. It might have been something other than stats but the point is that you cannot measure the impact of a player just on stats alone. Perhaps that's why we see the same inept players being picked - their stats are good even if their positional play, or passing, or tackling are piss poor.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 14:52 - Dec 13 with 709 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Here are some stats from an hour before a match for a Colchester United player from a golden era -

Had consumed fives pints of lager between 13.00 and 14.00 and was in the starting line up with a 15.00 hours kick off at Layer Road.

Played brilliantly after a drink. Not so well without one.

Obviously this was from an age before footballers became 'robotic'. And the term 'robotic' as quoted from a former Head Coach of Colchester United.

He also said 'You need to be a xxxxxxx social worker before you can relate to some of these xxxxx.
Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 14:55 - Dec 13 with 711 viewsMoor_Pinot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 14:36 - Dec 13 by Witham

It's been a busy few days but I have been mulling over something said in the post match interview with the manager. Apparently Jay was subbed when the sports scientists noted his stats had dropped. It might have been something other than stats but the point is that you cannot measure the impact of a player just on stats alone. Perhaps that's why we see the same inept players being picked - their stats are good even if their positional play, or passing, or tackling are piss poor.

Absolutely Witham, let's have Management intelligence rather than Artificial Intelligence.

Stats tell nothing about attitude within performance.
If we've gone down to that road we really are heading for non league and with scant prospect of a return.

Wearing, wearying and worrying what's going on.

Moor Pinot

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 16:10 - Dec 13 with 696 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 14:36 - Dec 13 by Witham

Christ if we start taking players off every time their level drops we'll have run out of subs before half time!

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 19:58 - Dec 13 with 647 viewswessex_exile

Nothing less than a win will do today for COL U, ME take note! on 23:03 - Dec 10 by oxfcolu

Probably same generation Oxford - first game on my 9th birthday in 1971, so into my 53rd year following the U's, or more like 50 years as a regular. My golden era was the 70s, though the rise from the Conference to the Championship was a special time to be following the U's, even if there were a few dour seasons of barely avoiding relegation in some of that. Pretty (ugly?) meagre fair for the most part after that unfortunately, but the support never waivers.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024