Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tovide - Out for 2-3 months 16:42 - Dec 14 with 727 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ankle injury.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/december/tovide-injury/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 17:07 - Dec 14 with 716 viewsnoah4x4

Might be an opportunity?

Forces Etherington to give Bradley more starts. Samson might be the stronger, but when in a scoring position he misses the target far too often. Bradley does put away his fewer chances. However, please not Clod Hopper.

Maybe play both Chilvers and Jay, with Taylor solo up front? A sort of false No9?
Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 17:16 - Dec 14 with 704 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 17:07 - Dec 14 by noah4x4

Might be an opportunity?

Forces Etherington to give Bradley more starts. Samson might be the stronger, but when in a scoring position he misses the target far too often. Bradley does put away his fewer chances. However, please not Clod Hopper.

Maybe play both Chilvers and Jay, with Taylor solo up front? A sort of false No9?

I would definitely be playing Taylor up front on his own for the time being. I think we should've done it for a while with Tovide being a like for like swap (kind of) when Taylor has run himself into the ground. You get the best out of Chilvers when he plays behind the forward line, he gets lost in a midfield three. The same used to happen to Wordsworth and Halford, they were far stronger playing on a flank. Not sure we have the personnel to do it right now but I'd like us to go to a back four as well. We need to go back to basics and stop conceding, you've always got a chance if you don't concede and we've become far too easy to score and have chances against.

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 18:45 - Dec 14 with 675 viewsthrillseeker

A terrible thing to say but on current form I think this is a blessing in disguise.

ST has missed numerous chances, recently opted for being petty/ diving, well anything other than playing football and was still selected by ME

I am not sure Bradley is the right replacement

I do though wish ST a speedy recovery
Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 10:26 - Dec 15 with 583 viewsdurham_exile

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 17:16 - Dec 14 by RSCOSWORTH

I would definitely be playing Taylor up front on his own for the time being. I think we should've done it for a while with Tovide being a like for like swap (kind of) when Taylor has run himself into the ground. You get the best out of Chilvers when he plays behind the forward line, he gets lost in a midfield three. The same used to happen to Wordsworth and Halford, they were far stronger playing on a flank. Not sure we have the personnel to do it right now but I'd like us to go to a back four as well. We need to go back to basics and stop conceding, you've always got a chance if you don't concede and we've become far too easy to score and have chances against.

Totally disagree with the loan striker approach.

Taylor always number one on the team sheet but ME has options to play Akinde or Ihionvien alongside.

Isolating a striker never works and the four defenders mark him out of the game.

You get the best out of Taylor with service to feet or something to run onto.
Not aimless balls hoping he will outjump a six foot three defender!

Injuries this season have definitely cost us dearly.

Hopefully Tovide will be back earlier than the stated period.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 14:08 - Dec 15 with 549 viewsCrashBandicoot

We really need another attacking option as JT needs adequate service up front, ideally the shot shy Hopper needs to go out on loan to rediscover his form, boost his confidence and also allow us to bring in a reliable goal scorer to work with JT up front.

One up front only works if you play a formation like 4-3-2-1 with 2 decent attacking midfielders, wingers or back up strikers boosting attacking options with the option of also helping out in midfield when the need arises.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 14:09]

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 15:53 - Dec 15 with 516 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 10:26 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Totally disagree with the loan striker approach.

Taylor always number one on the team sheet but ME has options to play Akinde or Ihionvien alongside.

Isolating a striker never works and the four defenders mark him out of the game.

You get the best out of Taylor with service to feet or something to run onto.
Not aimless balls hoping he will outjump a six foot three defender!

Injuries this season have definitely cost us dearly.

Hopefully Tovide will be back earlier than the stated period.

Up the U's

Well we've played two strikers for most of the season and we're pretty much bottom of the league so that would imply that it's really not working out for us. We keep picking pretty much the same players in the same formation and hoping that the results are going to improve. I've seen nothing recently to suggest that will be the case. Fevrier isn't great defensively and teams are starting to target him. With a proper back four behind him he should have more freedom to go forward, defenders hate it when he runs at them but he's not getting many opportunities to do so. Why would playing one up front mean we would resort to playing long balls? That's counter-intuitive surely? It would give us more bodies in midfield and hopefully the right person playing behind Taylor could link the play and we could attack with more width. I'm not sure we have two proper wide players right now but I wouldn't be against trying Cooper there. Ultimately we need to stop conceding goals, you've always got a chance at 0-0. We currently have one of the worst defences in the league and history tells you those that concede a lot get relegated.

The season we got relegated from the Championship only five teams scored more goals than us and we finished rock bottom. Unsurprisingly we conceded the most goals in the division, by quite a margin, and two out of the three worst defences were from clubs that got relegated. The other one finished 20th. The top 10 that season had eight of the top 10 defences.

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 16:03 - Dec 15 with 515 viewsbwildered

Tovide - Out for 2-3 months on 14:08 - Dec 15 by CrashBandicoot

We really need another attacking option as JT needs adequate service up front, ideally the shot shy Hopper needs to go out on loan to rediscover his form, boost his confidence and also allow us to bring in a reliable goal scorer to work with JT up front.

One up front only works if you play a formation like 4-3-2-1 with 2 decent attacking midfielders, wingers or back up strikers boosting attacking options with the option of also helping out in midfield when the need arises.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 14:09]

Cannot recall Hopper ever receiving the ball in the box !
No doubt playing a defender wide on the left is a comparison to putting an injured player out there in the 50/60’s without a sub !
Fevrier had the beating of the full back for the first 20 mins mins last weekend and then no supply, without even trying him on the opposite side thereafter. We were too right sided with Jay also in the same areas.
Need to play tight 4-2-4 option at Disneyworld and deny the ball getting threaded between centre backs and half’s .
Four at top end can raid from centre line, similar to how AC beat the Geordies during last week .
In the wonderful world of Disney to be unbeaten would be most welcome , if somebody other than Cinderella get on the end a ball into the box.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024