Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday's game 15:56 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewsdurham_exile

Moor Lane has had frost covers applied and currently has a healthy covering of snow.

The Salford ground staff are monitoring the conditions and will make an early decision conjunction with the referee.

We have an excellent record at Salford and in truth because we have already played an extra game than most opponents if it is postponed then when conditions ease it may be better but we will wait and see.

It is due to turn slightly milder on Friday.

We wait out.

Durham_exile

Friday's game on 16:00 - Jan 16 with 1919 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Looking at the forecast for Salford over the next few days I think there's a good chance it won't go ahead. I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not though.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Friday's game on 16:45 - Jan 16 with 1897 viewswessex_exile

Friday's game on 16:00 - Jan 16 by RSCOSWORTH

Looking at the forecast for Salford over the next few days I think there's a good chance it won't go ahead. I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not though.

Much as I want to watch the U's on Friday evening - as I'm sure does Durham who already has his ticket, if the game is postponed and both FGR and Sutton lose away on Saturday, I won't be complaining. I see FGR's match at Mansfield tonight is already postponed as well.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Friday's game on 15:09 - Jan 17 with 1767 viewsCrashBandicoot

It's usually decided on the morning if the match is to be postponed. Presumably to give clubs and fans notice.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Friday's game on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 1646 viewswessex_exile

Postponed already because of the frozen pitch - commiserations Durham and anyone else who was planning the trip.

Up the U's

Friday's game on 11:36 - Jan 18 with 1638 viewsdurham_exile

Friday's game on 11:19 - Jan 18 by wessex_exile

Postponed already because of the frozen pitch - commiserations Durham and anyone else who was planning the trip.

Disappointed, but it is the correct decision.

Oh well a Tuesday night instead in balmy February or March in Salford!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friday's game on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 1638 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Friday's game on 11:19 - Jan 18 by wessex_exile

I guess as the team were due to travel later on today it made sense to make a decision sooner rather than later. If the pitch is currently unplayable and the weather isn't forecast to improve then it's extremely unlikely that the pitch will suddenly become playable tomorrow evening. Still can't decide whether the game not going ahead is a good thing or not though, in terms of our chances of getting a result.

Friday's game on 11:51 - Jan 18 with 1634 viewsCrashBandicoot

I had a bad feeling the match wasn't going to go ahead because of the weather. Looking at the media pics the conditions didn't look good and it would have been dodgy to go ahead with it even if it did become milder in time for the match.

Friday's game on 14:12 - Jan 18 with 1588 viewsBLACKCAT

Friday's game on 11:36 - Jan 18 by durham_exile

Disappointed, but it is the correct decision.

Oh well a Tuesday night instead in balmy February or March in Salford!

Up the U's

It just might be that the postponement is a blessing. Salford's performance in winning at Crawley was apparently easily their best of the season. Would they have carried that into tomorrow night; who knows? Danny and Nicky will have more time to instil their ideas before the rearranged match.
[Post edited 18 Jan 14:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Friday's game on 10:52 - Jan 20 with 1455 viewsgerry_us

Three weeks without a defeat under the Cowley management team. Wow!
Friday's game on 15:13 - Jan 20 with 1429 viewsdurham_exile

Friday's game on 10:52 - Jan 20 by gerry_us

Three weeks without a defeat under the Cowley management team. Wow!

Great news

The extra week will do the team no harm whatsoever.

Bring on the Shrimps.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friday's game on 17:51 - Jan 20 with 1412 viewswessex_exile

Not too bad a result for the U's today really. Shame FGR got the equaliser, but it still leaves them six points behind and uses up one of their games in hand. All eyes now turn to Sutton's rearranged trip to high-flying Mansfield on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Friday's game on 20:10 - Jan 20 with 1376 viewsnoah4x4

Friday's game on 17:51 - Jan 20 by wessex_exile

Not too bad a result for the U's today really. Shame FGR got the equaliser, but it still leaves them six points behind and uses up one of their games in hand. All eyes now turn to Sutton's rearranged trip to high-flying Mansfield on Tuesday night.

BBC Sport League Two Fixtures is currently showing;

23rd January Mansfield 0 - 0. Forest Green FT.

A bit premature, but I’d take that given it burns off their remaining game in hand. But hopefully Mansfield will be strong enough to win it.
Friday's game on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 1372 viewswessex_exile

Friday's game on 20:10 - Jan 20 by noah4x4

A bit premature, but I’d take that given it burns off their remaining game in hand. But hopefully Mansfield will be strong enough to win it.

Much as I hate the scabs, I hope they do better than 0-0 - leave the bottom two 6pts adrift and only one game in hand each (and with inferior goal differences). Won't mean anything though until the Cowley factor starts kicking in.

Up the U's

Friday's game on 21:04 - Jan 20 with 1367 viewsdurham_exile

Friday's game on 20:25 - Jan 20 by wessex_exile

Much as I hate the scabs, I hope they do better than 0-0 - leave the bottom two 6pts adrift and only one game in hand each (and with inferior goal differences). Won't mean anything though until the Cowley factor starts kicking in.

Southampton have just achieved 20 games unbeaten.

DC and NC are two unbeaten so far.

More to follow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friday's game on 23:47 - Jan 20 with 1333 viewsmfb_cufc

Friday's game on 20:10 - Jan 20 by noah4x4

Noah, it is Mansfield 0-0 Sutton FT

mfb

Friday's game on 22:15 - Jan 21 with 1255 viewswessex_exile

Friday's game on 23:47 - Jan 20 by mfb_cufc

It's still 0-0! Wonder if they'll go to extra-time or a penalty shoot-out?

Up the U's

Friday's game on 07:29 - Jan 22 with 1208 viewsnoah4x4

Friday's game on 23:47 - Jan 20 by mfb_cufc

Yeh, my bad memory as I transferred the information from one Internet page to another. Maybe that’s my issue with my HGFL predictions.

But it’s now Monday morning and BBC still show Mansfield 0-0 Sutton FT. I wonder if the tables reflect that????? I’m too lazy to look.
Friday's game on 18:50 - Jan 22 with 1134 viewswessex_exile

Friday's game on 07:29 - Jan 22 by noah4x4

Yeh, my bad memory as I transferred the information from one Internet page to another. Maybe that’s my issue with my HGFL predictions.

But it’s now Monday morning and BBC still show Mansfield 0-0 Sutton FT. I wonder if the tables reflect that????? I’m too lazy to look.

They've finally fixed it, but I did check and it wasn't reflected in the table when I saw it.

Up the U's

Friday's game on 20:55 - Jan 22 with 1113 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Friday's game on 18:50 - Jan 22 by wessex_exile

They've finally fixed it, but I did check and it wasn't reflected in the table when I saw it.

It wasn't in the table but oddly was in the form guide for a time.

Friday's game on 13:22 - Jan 23 with 1070 viewsCrashBandicoot

I would also like a Mansfield win - so then Sutton & FGR are both level with each other and will give us some breathing space. Hopefully Bradford will also do us a favour by beating Salford City.

Friday's game on 15:26 - Jan 23 with 1048 viewsbwildered

Time we don’t rely on others to do our dirty work, has otherwise we really are in a area in which we have no control.
Let’s stop looking over our shoulder and sort are OWN problem/ position out, and by doing so could drag others into the situation.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Friday's game on 15:34 - Jan 23 with 1046 viewsgerry_us

Friday's game on 15:26 - Jan 23 by bwildered

Time we don’t rely on others to do our dirty work, has otherwise we really are in a area in which we have no control.
Let’s stop looking over our shoulder and sort are OWN problem/ position out, and by doing so could drag others into the situation.

Spot on BW.
Stop thinking about those two teams below us and concentrate on putting substantially more teams below us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024