Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's 17:00 - Jan 26 with 1748 viewsdurham_exile

Providing the weather continues to improve the match should comfortably be on tomorrow at the Mazuma Mobile Stadium (I still call it the Globe Arena). Morecambe’s game against Crewe was postponed on Tuesday night because of a waterlogged pitch and so both teams will be eager to play this League Two match.

Now Morecambe recently have an excellent record against the U’s winning the last four out of five games. Ged Brannan has been in charge for some weeks now. DC and NC have now had the opportunity to size up the Colchester squad and this week have brought in more loan signings; the numbers are their shirt numbers not ages:

Riley Harbottle 22 a defender on loan from Hibernian.
Alistair Smith 27 a midfielder on loan from Lincoln.
Harry Anderson 17 a winger on loan from Stevenage.

The Cowleys know all of these players and I would imagine will be keen to play some of them from the start on Saturday.

Sadly, Nico Lawrence has returned to Southampton to continue his rehabilitation. He played only five games for the U’s before his injury.

The arrivals are suggesting that the Cowleys have decided to strengthen the defence and midfield but it does mean that our squad is growing ever bigger.

As regards team selection I think that DC might go for 3,5,1,1 and probably rest Zach Mitchell. I rate him highly but he has had little respite from what has been a tough season so far and may well be rested this week.

Riley Harbottle (who played for Mansfield and scored on the last day of last season against us at the JCS) looks a strong prospect. DC then needs to consider whether he plays Dallison and Hall or just one of them in a back three with Harbottle and Richardson likely to feature.

Midfield is going to be a key area and we have no shortage of players. I think Alistair Smith will go straight into the team. He is tall and powerful and an attacking threat.

I think it is too soon for Harry Anderson to start. He has injuries to contend with at Stevenage and so a place on the bench or even perhaps to be left out this week.

So, will Jayden Fevrier start with Arthur Read, Cameron McGeehan and Owura Edwards. But that leaves Matt Jay and Noah Chilvers to possibly be accommodated.

As regards strikers Tom Hopper now rejuvenated under the Cowleys plus Conor Wilkinson look to get the nod over John Akinde and Bradley Ihionvien.

Injuries of course are keeping Kells, Iandolo, Tovide, Egbo and Mingi out of the squad.

So, something along these lines at Morecambe in a 3,5,1,1 formation:

Goodman

Dallison Harbottle Richardson

Fevrier Read Smith McGeehan Edwards

Chilvers

Hopper

Subs:
Hornby Miranda Jay Hall Wilkinson Ihionvien Anderson

Now I am going to be ambitious and opt for a sparkling U’s performance and a handsome 4 – 1 victory against a team who are no pushovers at home. Hopper, Smith (on debut) Fevrier and Wilkinson with the goals.

Weather at Morecambe will be cloudy, 8 degrees Celsius, dry but breezy. The pitch needs the breeze to help it dry out.

My youngest son is going, the lure of fish n chips before the game is too strong to resist.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Three points for the super U’s and maintaining that unbeaten record under DC.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 17:38 - Jan 26 with 1728 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Do we know for certain that Iandolo remains injured for tomorrow? Apart from in the programme we rarely get updates on injured players it seems.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 18:21 - Jan 26 with 1706 viewsMoor_Pinot

Wonderful Durham. Thank you very much, not easy to unpack the current situation and come up with a proposition! Let alone a prediction! Bravo.

I wish you a decent day and hope there are green shoots of improvement in our club that show signs of escaping the unthinkable. Morecambe were very good at the Jobserve and will be our hardest test since the management duo arrived.
Be nice if we got to score first as this would give a sight of future game management.

Up the U's!

Moor Pinot

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 21:06 - Jan 26 with 1665 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 18:21 - Jan 26 by Moor_Pinot

Wonderful Durham. Thank you very much, not easy to unpack the current situation and come up with a proposition! Let alone a prediction! Bravo.

I wish you a decent day and hope there are green shoots of improvement in our club that show signs of escaping the unthinkable. Morecambe were very good at the Jobserve and will be our hardest test since the management duo arrived.
Be nice if we got to score first as this would give a sight of future game management.

Up the U's!

I totally agree Pinot, it will be a tough game.
Morecambe play well at home but I have seen us win there.

The team will be getting to understand what the Cowleys are wanting to do and their positive approach will be getting through to the players.

I am looking forward to seeing the U's as they take their fledgling steps towards League Two safety.

Exciting times ahead.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 23:40 - Jan 26 with 1630 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Greenidge, Mingi, Cooper, Marshall-Miranda, Ihionviien and Kazeem all played for the U21’s against Ipswich tonight so won’t figure tomorrow.

We lost 3-2 and Mingi got sent off.

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 00:15 - Jan 27 with 1626 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 23:40 - Jan 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Greenidge, Mingi, Cooper, Marshall-Miranda, Ihionviien and Kazeem all played for the U21’s against Ipswich tonight so won’t figure tomorrow.

We lost 3-2 and Mingi got sent off.

RS yes I saw that.
Mingi left Pompey under a cloud probably disciplinary issues are his difficulty.

I didn't have any of those players in the starting XI for tomorrow.

DC favours Hopper and Wilkinson above Akinde and Ihionvien at present.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 09:36 - Jan 27 with 1566 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 17:38 - Jan 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Do we know for certain that Iandolo remains injured for tomorrow? Apart from in the programme we rarely get updates on injured players it seems.

RS - Iandolo's fitness is being assessed ahead of the game.
However DC has plenty of cover and doesn't need to rush him back.

Another decent day today weather wise.
Expectation is growing for a Super U's performance on the Lancashire coast.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 14:28 - Jan 27 with 1521 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to take on Morecambe: Goodman, Richardson, Hall, Harbottle, Iandolo, Read, Smith, McGeehan, Fevrier, Chilvers, Hopper

U's subs are Dallison, Jay, Wilkinson, Edwards, Anderson, Akinde, Hornby

mfb

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 14:43 - Jan 27 with 1515 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 14:28 - Jan 27 by mfb_cufc

U's side to take on Morecambe: Goodman, Richardson, Hall, Harbottle, Iandolo, Read, Smith, McGeehan, Fevrier, Chilvers, Hopper

Really pleased with the line up
Two changes from my predicted line up.

Iandolo and Hall instead of Dallison and Edwards

Come on the U's

Good old Maidstone and Big George

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 14:52 - Jan 27 with 1512 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 14:28 - Jan 27 by mfb_cufc

A decent line up

Only change for me would be Jay for Chilvers
Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 1483 viewsburnsieespana

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 14:52 - Jan 27 by thrillseeker

A decent line up

Only change for me would be Jay for Chilvers

And importantly a decent bench to change the course of the game as and when needed.
Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 15:28 - Jan 27 with 1473 viewswessex_exile

READ!!!! 1-0

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 15:29 - Jan 27 with 1472 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 15:23 - Jan 27 by burnsieespana

And importantly a decent bench to change the course of the game as and when needed.

Maybe not needed...!
1-0 to the super U's
Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 16:00 - Jan 27 with 1432 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 15:29 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

Maybe not needed...!
1-0 to the super U's

Great value and thoroughly deserved lead

One of the best halves of football I have seen.

U's superb
Richardson, Harbottle, Smith excellent,Read outstanding.

Morecambe no slouches, keep this up and the three points are the Cowleys.

Attendance 3,380 with 180 of the faithful.

Noah enjoying it too.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 16:15 - Jan 27 with 1401 viewswessex_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 16:00 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Great value and thoroughly deserved lead

One of the best halves of football I have seen.

U's superb
Richardson, Harbottle, Smith excellent,Read outstanding.

Morecambe no slouches, keep this up and the three points are the Cowleys.

Attendance 3,380 with 180 of the faithful.

Noah enjoying it too.

Up the U's

England's no 1 saves the penalty!

Up the U's

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 17:01 - Jan 27 with 1352 viewswessex_exile

Fully deserved 3pts, fantastic performance on and off the pitch - Come on the unbeaten Cowley U's!

Up the U's

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 1328 viewsCrashBandicoot

Yep, good win today. Unbeaten in 3 and lets hope in continues

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 00:42 - Jan 30 with 1057 viewsghughes11

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 16:15 - Jan 27 by wessex_exile

England's no 1 saves the penalty!

I said to myself after Morecambe were given the (very soft) penalty:
"when was the last time we saved or the opposition missed a penalty against us?!?".

Then low and behold - Goodman to the rescue!

If anyone can answer the above prior to the Morecambe match, that would be greatly appreciated

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 13:01 - Jan 30 with 989 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 00:42 - Jan 30 by ghughes11

I said to myself after Morecambe were given the (very soft) penalty:
"when was the last time we saved or the opposition missed a penalty against us?!?".

Then low and behold - Goodman to the rescue!

If anyone can answer the above prior to the Morecambe match, that would be greatly appreciated

I will defer to the stations on the site but I suppose Spurs home in the League Cup when we win on penalties, was that truly the last time?

Up the U's

Oh and the penalty decision on Saturday was so weak it was a fortnight.

DC is the new Messiah.

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 10:07 - Feb 2 with 846 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Sam Hornby saved one in October 2022 V Charlton in the Papa Johns Trophy.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/october/charlton-report/

The highlights are worth watching, not just for the very good penalty save, but a couple of magic moments from Eastman and Akinde.

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 18:42 - Feb 2 with 781 viewsghughes11

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 10:07 - Feb 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Sam Hornby saved one in October 2022 V Charlton in the Papa Johns Trophy.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/october/charlton-report/

The highlights are worth watching, not just for the very good penalty save, but a couple of magic moments from Eastman and Akinde.

and what a save that was too!

How about in a league game?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 19:20 - Feb 2 with 777 viewswessex_exile

Shrimps to be potted by rejuvenated Super U's on 18:42 - Feb 2 by ghughes11

and what a save that was too!

How about in a league game?

Most recent in a league game I can find so far is Dean Gerken's penalty save against Stevenage's Dinanga back in November 2020. It counts as a save, even though Dinanga scored from the rebound. A game also memorable for Jevani Brown's hat-trick.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024